Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Old Jul 7, 2010, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
Since people are calling to get the business card approved... I just called and after the long pause... was told to keep waiting. They're still processing applications.
Same here.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by abcx
Same here.
Me too.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Well here's a new one...I called the 800 number to check on the status of my application for the business card. After asking for the last 4 digits of my SSN and my billing ZIP, the *automated system* informed me that I was approved. The status web site still says In Progress.

Like others, I got a low limit ($4K, compared to the $15K I got on the personal card back in January), but it's more than enough room to do the $1K spend. Woot!
Old Jul 7, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I submitted my business app late in the evening on 6/30. No status change ever since. So, I gave them a call a few minutes ago, they put me on hold for about 30 seconds and then came back with my approval. The whole call probably took less than 2 minutes. I sure wish I had done that eariler!
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Brian_D
I think it just depends on who responds. I sent a secure message for both requests:

myself - 1st request no points, polite response requesting again and received the full 5,000.
+1. No dice the first time. Asked a second time for further consideration and got the 5,000 starpesos. All this within a couple of hours over the secure message center.

I had similar experiences with Membership Rewards points under a variety of circumstances. Insisting a little bit seems to do the trick.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:55 pm

Applied for a biz card for my wife. Got the 14 day message.

Checked online earlier today - nothing.

Just got an email that she's approved!

So they do seem to be working through these.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:26 pm

How long will it takes for those bonus pts to show up after spending $1,000?
Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:56 pm

I've had a personal card for years and applied for the biz card on July 2 and got the 14 day notice. I got an email today that my biz card got approved. Didn't need to call, so like josephstern stated, they are working through the applications.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:18 pm

Just got approved for the SPG card yesterday (7/6), but I don't have an Starpoints account through Starwood. I just want to be clear on something and maybe you folks can set me straight. Since I don't have a Starpoints account...but now I have an SPG card...will an account be set up for me automatically? Or will I have to contact Starwood and set up an account and then contact Amex with the account number? Thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by julielou2
Just got approved for the SPG card yesterday (7/6), but I don't have an Starpoints account through Starwood. I just want to be clear on something and maybe you folks can set me straight. Since I don't have a Starpoints account...but now I have an SPG card...will an account be set up for me automatically? Or will I have to contact Starwood and set up an account and then contact Amex with the account number? Thanks.
I'm in the same boat. From what I've read here and on other forums regarding this card, Amex will have Starwood create accounts for us and then we'll be receiving literature to that effect in the mail. This is also how it worked for me when I signed up for the Amex AA card a few years ago.

If anyone has further information, please do share.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by FunLovinFlyer
I'm in the same boat. From what I've read here and on other forums regarding this card, Amex will have Starwood create accounts for us and then we'll be receiving literature to that effect in the mail. This is also how it worked for me when I signed up for the Amex AA card a few years ago.

If anyone has further information, please do share.
That is correct.
Once you make a purchase you will see your starwood points balance under your account at Amex Cards. Click on statement and your statement will show your starwood account number. Note down that number and go to spg.com to "activate" your spg account. Alternatively you can call them to get your account number.
Do not register for a new spg account since an spg account number has already been assigned to you.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by ShakuniMama
That is correct.
Once you make a purchase you will see your starwood points balance under your account at Amex Cards. Click on statement and your statement will show your starwood account number. Note down that number and go to spg.com to "activate" your spg account. Alternatively you can call them to get your account number.
Do not register for a new spg account since an spg account number has already been assigned to you.
Thank you!
Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by thor17
I've had a personal card for years and applied for the biz card on July 2 and got the 14 day notice. I got an email today that my biz card got approved. Didn't need to call, so like josephstern stated, they are working through the applications.
Same here. I realize this may sound like a repetitive "me too" thread, but I wanted to add another data point showing AMEX is working through their SPG business card backlog. I applied 3 days ago and I just got the confirmation email. No phone calls or follow up emails requesting additional information after submitting the application. Don't know what the credit limit will be, but I don't really care. I only need to charge $1000 in 3 months and my personal SPG card already has a very generous limit.

Godspeed to the rest of you, fellow applicants :-)
Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:48 pm

Got my biz card approved - they only needed a street address (I put in a PO Box; yeah, yeah, I know...). Will also extend my SPG Amex validity to next July. My personal card would have been due for renewal in Oct and I didn't really want to pay the annual fee. Now I'll just cancel the personal and keep the new biz card.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by aktamucsd
How long will it takes for those bonus pts to show up after spending $1,000?
5 of your 8 posts have asked the exact same question.

Bonus points will, in all probability, post at the same time as the spending points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.