Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Old Jul 1, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
I just applied for the business card and got the 14 day message too. But, in the past WEEK I've applied and gotten approved for the HHonors AMEX (for the 20k sign-up & 30k after $1500 spend) & the Business Gold Rewards card (for the 50k after $10k spend).

I didn't really feel like I'd get accepted for this one after just getting those cards this week, but I guess it's still possible, right? lol

Either way, I'm going to have my gf sign up for both since she doesn't have either and is looking for a new card.

Thanks for brining this offer to my attention!!

-Brian
Old Jul 1, 2010, 7:23 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
Two months a go they launched the Canadian version of this with only an 11,000 points bonus. Can't you treat us Canadians the same? I would like another 19,000 points please!
Old Jul 1, 2010, 7:23 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
man. insane offer. and i had to fight just to get my bonus miles from the spend $15000 in 6 months offer :/ congrats to those who are able to take advantage of. maybe i need to refer some friends to this!
Old Jul 1, 2010, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by jnswinnipeg
Two months a go they launched the Canadian version of this with only an 11,000 points bonus. Can't you treat us Canadians the same? I would like another 19,000 points please!

two months ago no one in the US was getting this offer, either
Old Jul 1, 2010, 7:32 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by msp2msy
[...]Any insight on whether I can pull off getting approved (before I try), given the following:

* Never had an Amex SPG.
* 2 accts opened with Amex right now: 1) Amex Gold Business for 50k MR, opened ~6/15/10 and 2) Amex Premier Rewards Gold for 25k MR opened ~4/15/10.
* No other Amex activity in at least the last year.
* Strong scores (750-790).
* ~20 INQ's over the last 2 years but quite a few of those mortgages.
* 3 INQ in the last 3 months, 7 in the last 6.
Wanted to provide a data point after posting earlier. Applied this morning and was instantly approved.

I've read that 3 Amex was commonly a limiting factor (but not always) and I'm there so time to lay low and work on some spend requirements...

I'm relieved. Really didn't feel confident this would be approved.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 7:44 am

of course if anyone is interested in signing up for this, there are plenty of us on here who would definitely be able to point you in the right direction to sign up for it... *hint hint*
Old Jul 1, 2010, 7:51 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by mrredskin
of course if anyone is interested in signing up for this, there are plenty of us on here who would definitely be able to point you in the right direction to sign up for it... *hint hint*
Where are any details on if you get a referral bonus for pointing somebody to this offer?

I've seen many people ask, but no answers about if you'd get a referral bonus.

I'd like to refer my girlfriend to them both if I get a bonus.

Thanks a lot!

-Brian
Old Jul 1, 2010, 7:52 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
Where are any details on if you get a referral bonus for pointing somebody to this offer?

I've seen many people ask, but no answers about if you'd get a referral bonus.

I'd like to refer my girlfriend to them both if I get a bonus.

Thanks a lot!

-Brian
I would check with AMEX on that possibility before doing so.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:00 am

I actually just sent my gf a referral email from my SPG account and the offer she got in her email (and the one that shows up when you click on the "apply now" link in the email) is the 10k points + 15k points for $15k spend in 6 months.

So, from what I'm seeing, there is no referral bonus for this card... unless I'm missing something??
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Applied and got the 14 day message. Decided to go to the status check page anyhow, and found that Amex wanted to verify my street address, since I had just moved, and it did not show on my credit. Verified over the phone, and I am now approved.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:16 am

I checked the status page and it didn't really say anything. So, I called the number and the woman put me on hold for several minutes and said that she was trying to access it to expedite it, but "the system has taken over it". haha

But, she did say to give it another 24hrs (since I just applied this morning) and call back to check on it again and they may be able to help me more then.

So, I"ll be calling back tomorrow morning to see if they can do anything else for me.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:34 am

Eligibility

Would we wife be eligible to apply for this offer, if I currently have an account in my sole name but added her as a second card holder to my individual account?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: Hilton Gold; AA Platinum;Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Business application

Just went through the application for the business card as I have a small consulting business on the side. Got the dreaded 14 day application process message so not sure what that means. For comparison purposes I have one SPG card for personal use and no other Amex cards in my name. However, I did receive the British Airways card back in November 2009 so I am not sure if that influenced things. We will wait and see.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:05 am
In Memoriam

spg

Got the same 14 day message.

Guess I will have to wait to see if I get it.

Nevertheless, and excellent offer. Thanks to the community for the post!!

wwbgd
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:13 am

Business vs. Corporate?

Was curious... I have a personal AMEX and a card through my employer... so on the American Express Dashboard it shows 1 Personal and 1 Corporate. Is 'Corporate' different than 'Business'? I would like to sign up for this, and I NEVER use my Corporate card. All employees are required to have one for emergencies. Thanks in advance!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.