Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Old Sep 15, 2010, 5:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by eagleswings
I only received 20K for the card and it's been 3 weeks now so I think it's time to contact them.
The T&C say 4-8 weeks. If you don't need the points immediately to book something, give them the specified time.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 7:28 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, AA Gold
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
thank u, lets hope mine doesnt get cancelled.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 10:07 am
In Memoriam

no credit

I signed up for this promo, and have gotten no points awarded...either for my first trade or for the remaining $1000 spend.

Any suggestions? I am more than willing to wait, but think that I should have received something by now.

Any help would be appreciated.

wwbgd
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA MM 1K, UK Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by WWBGD
I signed up for this promo, and have gotten no points awarded...either for my first trade or for the remaining $1000 spend.

Any suggestions? I am more than willing to wait, but think that I should have received something by now.

wwbgd

Call Amex and ask them for the SPG# used. Then verify with SPG. Amex might have opened a new SPG a/c.

This is what they did to me and my wife. SPG can verify how many SPG a/c's u have.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 9:05 am

Programs: AA, UA Gold, SPG, Marriott Gold
I received my first statement spend points, but no bonuses (10k, or 20k), yet. I confirmed that I am to recieve the 30k bonus with AmX and was quoted the 8-12 weeks. So I'm sitting in SPG point limbo.

If you didn't even get the spend points, I would contact them. If its just the bonus, they won't do anything for you until after 12 weeks.

Originally Posted by WWBGD

wwbgd
Old Sep 26, 2010, 7:29 am

Programs: SPG Gold, UA 1K, Avis PC
Originally Posted by specialeffects
Call Amex and ask them for the SPG# used. Then verify with SPG. Amex might have opened a new SPG a/c.

This is what they did to me and my wife. SPG can verify how many SPG a/c's u have.
Better yet, look at your statement. The SPG number used should be listed next to the amount of spend. We created an SPG account for my wife, used it on the Amex application, and they still created a new account for her, go figure.

Spend points have posted, but no bonus yet..
Old Sep 27, 2010, 9:52 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, USair, United, Amex MR, ICHC, HHonors Silver
i'm having a similar problem, i need to verify the promo to amex but for the business card. is it the same code??? or does someone have a screenshot of the business offer they can send me?
Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:11 am

I've had a similar problem, applied on 6/30 & first spend 7/9. Just spoke with an AMEX supervisor who said the points will appear 12 weeks after 1st spend. She gave me the following promo code in case I have to recheck. Q612-0001. Previous Cust.Service people had no idea what I was talking about....ask for a supervisor when you call. It's very frustrating. Good Luck.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 4:03 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, USair, United, Amex MR, ICHC, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by lynbonnielee
I've had a similar problem, applied on 6/30 & first spend 7/9. Just spoke with an AMEX supervisor who said the points will appear 12 weeks after 1st spend. She gave me the following promo code in case I have to recheck. Q612-0001. Previous Cust.Service people had no idea what I was talking about....ask for a supervisor when you call. It's very frustrating. Good Luck.
and that's for the business card?
Old Sep 27, 2010, 8:13 pm

On my 11th week after I met my spend requirements and still no bonus, will wait 1 more week and will contact Amex.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA, AA Gold, Delta, HHonors Diamond, Marriott, Starwood
Applied on 7/30 and reached my spend threshold in the first billing cycle. Got the regular spend points but still no bonus points.

I know some people who applied at the same time and already received their bonus miles.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 7:20 am

Both my husband and I applied for amex business cards and after the spend amount, got our bonus miles within a week of the statement closing. However I lucked out with the 40k miles and he got the 30k miles
Old Sep 29, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
nevermind. Search is my friend, I found what I needed (promo code) in post 433.

Last edited by envgeo; Sep 29, 2010 at 4:47 pm
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, SkyPesos peon
AMEX is making no freinds with this promo!

I applied for the Starwood AMEX in early July, then met the spend threshold by mid-July.

Since then, AMEX has failed to post my 30,000 promo bonus on the August and September statements. My October statement issues next week. If the bonus miles post then, I will have waited 13 weeks since spending the required $1000 on the card.

I'd like to see AMEX wait 13 weeks before posting a charge to my account!
Old Sep 30, 2010, 2:30 pm
In Memoriam

30k points

I agree with catdad.

reached my spend amt about 8 weeks ago, and have not seen one bonus point. Is there something that I didn't do, or someone that I can call to get this straighened out?

wwbgd

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.