Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Move SPG points to AA: 25-35% bonus thru June 30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Move SPG points to AA: 25-35% bonus thru June 30

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2010, 3:31 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by SuperW2
Thanks....as part of the Transfer, can I indicate which AA account they get transfered into? (ie if the 60K SPG points are in my name with SPG, but I want the AA points to be placed into her AA Account since she already has a larger mile total)
If you transfer Starpoints from your SPG account to her AA account, American Airlines AAdvantage will reject the transfer. The names on the accounts have to match.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jun 15, 2010, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mahalo
If the points showed up from Marriott, would you not anticipate that AA may in fact credit the 25/35% bonus within 7 days per the terms? From what I've seen of the Nights and Flights, the AA miles convert much like the regular points to AA conversion. How would AA differentiate?

Another poster received their conversion from hotel to AA and AA posted the bonus all within the past day? This bonus just came out yesterday afternoon???
See the Marriott thread and the AA board. The AA lurker says they can see the differerence. Anyway, we should know in a couple of days when the sweep occurs.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: SPG, UA, BA, AA, Hawaiian, Cont.
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
If you transfer Starpoints from your SPG account to her AA account, American Airlines AAdvantage will reject the transfer. The names on the accounts have to match.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Thanks...easy solution then is to combine my SPG points into her SPG Account (spouses with same home address), then convert the lot of them to her AAdvantage account.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by SuperW2
Thanks...easy solution then is to combine my SPG points into her SPG Account (spouses with same home address), then convert the lot of them to her AAdvantage account.
Yes. ^

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jun 15, 2010, 3:51 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
See the Marriott thread and the AA board. The AA lurker says they can see the differerence. Anyway, we should know in a couple of days when the sweep occurs.
Here's the statement by the AA lurker:
Originally Posted by YourAAdvantageVoice
Several more good questions have been raised – here are the answers:

-The bonus miles only apply to point-to-mile conversions. Hotel stays and travel packages are easily distinguishable when they come to us for posting and they are not eligible for this promotion. And when they come to us for posting it's by "transaction date" not "posting date."
Starwood Lurker,
Can you or someone from SPG confirm whether distinguishable information is sent to the airlines from SPG when it's a N&F award?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA 11MM/EXP/Aairpass, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Since the next question will be "when will I see the points in my AA account", I've read thru recent posts in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ints-aa-3.html

It appears that the sweep occurs early Monday mornings.
Wow, that's going to be interesting for me on the next two Mondays. I decided yesterday to convert all my Starpoints into AA miles (I had about 930K SPG points) and am going to convert 60,000 a day until they are gone. That means, for two Mondays, I should have something like 708K AA miles post (assuming AA is fast with the bonus). Holy Cow!
Old Jun 15, 2010, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by sc flier
Here's the statement by the AA lurker:

Starwood Lurker,
Can you or someone from SPG confirm whether distinguishable information is sent to the airlines from SPG when it's a N&F award?
Distinguishable as in they know it is a combined discount travel award? The answer would be "no". There is no way they could know this since the only thing they get is the transfer to the airline. The hotel gets the hotel portion, not the airline. It is going to look like any other transfer award they receive from SPG.

In that respect, it really isn't combined so I don't see how that conflicts with what their other concerns are with other hoteliers' frequent stay program awards.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jun 15, 2010, 4:10 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
In that respect, it really isn't combined so I don't see how that conflicts with what their other concerns are with other hoteliers' frequent stay program awards.
I also do not understand why they would want to exclude miles transferred as such a "package." It doesn't add to their cost.

Thanks for the reply! ^
Old Jun 15, 2010, 4:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by horseguy
Wow, that's going to be interesting for me on the next two Mondays. I decided yesterday to convert all my Starpoints into AA miles (I had about 930K SPG points) and am going to convert 60,000 a day until they are gone. That means, for two Mondays, I should have something like 708K AA miles post (assuming AA is fast with the bonus). Holy Cow!
why not do more at once? As long as it is in multiples of 20K it shouldnt matter, or am I missing something?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by psyflyer
why not do more at once? As long as it is in multiples of 20K it shouldnt matter, or am I missing something?
Starwood allows conversion of 79,999 points within a 24 hour period. Since the 5000 mile bonus is on multiples of 20,000, we get maximum miles by converting no more than 60,000 points every 24 hours. Heck, I'd love to convert 920K points all at once at be done with it, but the Starwood rules don't allow it.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 6:38 pm
Original Member

Its actually the transaction date that counts...so you can redeem 60k per day until 6/30. The bonus kicks in 7 days after each set of AA miles drops into account.

Points and bonus can credit after 6/30 date but the hotel transaction to move from hotel points to AA miles has to occur on or before 6/30.

If you are redeeming 930K SPG = 60K per day with last day @ 30K =

15 x 75000 = 1,125,000
15 x 26250 = 393,750
1 x 35000 = 35,000
1 x 12250 = 12,250
--------------------------
= 1,566,000 AA miles

Wow.

But, you have to be absolutely sure you redeem with 24 hours between or you may not get all 16 transactions in before the 6/30 deadline.

Originally Posted by horseguy
Old Jun 15, 2010, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by sggolf
Its actually the transaction date that counts...so you can redeem 60k per day until 6/30....But, you have to be absolutely sure you redeem with 24 hours between or you may not get all 16 transactions in before the 6/30 deadline.
I started on the 14th and have two transactions done, so I have 15 days worth of chances to get 14 more transactions done. So I have a little bit of slack to work with. It's amazing how well this works out for the number of SPG points that I started with!

That said, I'm going to set an alarm for when the 24 hours is up so I can do the next one as soon as possible.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 11:24 pm

So sad that I cashed in a nights and flights last week. Miles popped up Sunday. *sniff, sniff*
Old Jun 15, 2010, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
There are going to be a lot of people hitting the 1MM/2MM/4MM marks on AA from this.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 6:59 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by krazieman
There are going to be a lot of people hitting the 1MM/2MM/4MM marks on AA from this.
What happened to 3MM?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.