Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited

I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited

Old Sep 26, 2007, 12:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Lifemiles, SPG, Marriott. LANPASS s*cks.
Got the compensation for chasing the 500 Plat thank you amenity

Originally Posted by leandrorar
Of course I shot back. Let's see what happens.
After that mail I have another email telling me "that they analized the account and the compensation was correct", however there was no compensation. I replied that I'm glad they accepted the mistake and awarded me the compensation, but that nobody credited it.

Finally I got the answer I was waiting for:

After reviewing your communication and looking into your account I have credited your Starwood Preferred Guest account with the requested 3,500 points as a gesture of goodwill from Corporate Services.

Please allow 7-10 days for these points to reflect in your account. Thank you.

The 3500 points correspond to 7 stays where the hotels did not credit the welcome amenity.

Now, it took a little for me to post this. I hesitated on if posting this would benefit the whole community and SPG program or if I would just be causing troubles. Bottomline, I think this will benefit SPG.

After reviewing this thread and other posts, its clear that the hotels are recurrently omitting posting these amenities causing problems, annoyance and irritation to Plats, which are the most frequent guests.

It's my opinion that if everybody here requests the same compensation (I don't feel ok calling it "bonus") for chasing these welcome points which as many mentioned in the past are a differentiating benefit for the program, then I'm sure this will raise a flag that will make SPG strong on penalizing the hotels when they do not post them. (Perhaps they create something like the Hilton's US$100 penalty?)

Then hotels will probably dedicate more minutes on their trainings to make their employees understand the SPG policies.

LR
Old Sep 28, 2007, 11:06 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
I had a stay 2 days ago at the The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center and when I checked in I was asked about the amenity, of course I selected points. I then mentioned that a lot of people including myself had problems with amenity posting. She showed me the screen and said "All I have to do is select this item." I do not remember exactly what it said but it was something like "SP1 500 points". Guess how that posts --
Earn +500 Sep 28, 2007 SVC PROMISE 500 PTS
I had seen this on my statement before but I always thought it was compensation for a problem. The last time I saw this posting was for a stay where the internet service was up and down all day and I complained several times.

Does anyone know what the menu selection should be for the platinum 500 points? Not that we should have to train them but if we make sure they select the proper item I suspect this will happen less often.

And no, I am not planning to write SPG to get an additional 500 for the amenity.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 7:45 pm
In memoriam

duplicate

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Sep 30, 2007 at 8:08 pm
Old Sep 30, 2007, 8:04 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
... Does anyone know what the menu selection should be for the platinum 500 points? Not that we should have to train them but if we make sure they select the proper item I suspect this will happen less often. ...
At check-in tonight I discussed the amenity problems and the fact the wrong type was given me on my previous stay at this property. The correct menu item here (Westin Lombard) is "Special Services" -> "BONP". I do not know if all Starwood hotels use the same reservation software and the same code.

I verified that it is the same menu item at 2 other properties.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Aug 31, 2008 at 6:32 am
Old Oct 5, 2007, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA - LFT GLD 1MM, UA - 2P, SPG - LFT Plat, Hyatt - Plat, HH - Gold, Avis - CHM
After that mail I have another email telling me "that they analized the account and the compensation was correct", however there was no compensation. I replied that I'm glad they accepted the mistake and awarded me the compensation, but that nobody credited it.
analizing your account is a new perk for frequent stay guests
Old Oct 6, 2007, 1:43 pm
In memoriam

On my last 5 stays I verified that "Special Services"->"BONP" was selected on the hotel's reservation screen and in every case the amenity has posted correctly. We should not be having to train the receptionists but it looks like it is necessary for us to do so in order to reliably get the amenity. If hundreds of us do this the word should get out.

Don't assume that because you checked points on the card that someone will enter it into the system.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
Don't assume that because you checked points on the card that someone will enter it into the system.
I really would like to assume that... Again, may be if Starwood applies stronger policies or penalties, the hotels will better train their employees (or leave starwood).

LR
Old Oct 6, 2007, 9:18 pm
In memoriam

At the Four Points Phoenix Metrocenter the front desk receptionist told me that he would get in trouble if a customer complained to Starwood that the amenity was not posted.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 3:16 pm

William: What page of the property's 2007 SPG Program Guide

Dear William,

Could you let us know what page of the 2007 SPG Program Guide the hotel should check to realize they have to give the platinum bonus to guests even if they are using points for an award stay?

Also, what page should they read to understand they have to upgrade Platinum guests to the best available room including select standard suites, even if the guest is paying with points?

I really appreciate this info!

Thank you,

LR
Old Oct 12, 2007, 3:28 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Dear William,

Could you let us know what page of the 2007 SPG Program Guide the hotel should check to realize they have to give the platinum bonus to guests even if they are using points for an award stay?
Page 12, last bullet point for the "even if they are using points for an award stay" issue.

Page 20 - 21 for what they should be giving out, depending upon brand and region.

Also, what page should they read to understand they have to upgrade Platinum guests to the best available room including select standard suites, even if the guest is paying with points?
Page 11, 6th bullet point.

Page 12, last bullet point for "even if the guest is paying with points" issue.

I really appreciate this info!

Thank you,

LR
No worries, but I have a question for you now...which hotel is this in reference to?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Oct 12, 2007, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
No worries, but I have a question for you now...which hotel is this in reference to?
I have to really thank you for your fastest response. I have had problems with the Herod's palace in Eilat, they upgraded me, but they refused to give the welcome points.

Today I'm staying with points at Sheraton Pilar, in Argentina. Will see what happens .

Thank you again!

LR
Old Oct 12, 2007, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I've had good luck in the past, but I too have had some challenges this year. Almost all of my stays were at two properties, and there's no pattern to what's missing. For comparison.

Starwood - 5 missing 500 PLTs out of 30 stays. I received a reply overnight, but was told it could take 7-10 days to post, and they haven't so far, 3 days later. I was also missing points being redeposited after an awards cancellation. That was a lot more points, and more troubling. It was credited immedidately.

Marriott - 5 missing 500pt PLTs out of 20 full-service Marriott stays. I received a reply 4 hours after sending in the data via their web site, stating that the updates had been made. I wasn't able to get online and confirm until this evening, 48 hours later, and they are there.

Hilton's 8 for 8
Old Mar 25, 2008, 1:16 pm

Programs: 3 million miles LIFETIME PLT AADVANTAGE/LIFETIME SPG PLT!! 25 years member /PRESIDENT'S CLUB HERTZ
about missing PLT Amenities

Something I would love to see on Starwood Plt account page
will be for each PLT members you will be able to put your choice of amenity you desire to receive as in the past I never got the 500 Starwood Points I requested when I checked in at various Westin like the Westin Moana
or the Sheraton Park Lane in the recent month....

I have always to look very closely to all my activity on my account page....

I hope this problem will be disapearing pretty soon as I am not the only member having this issue.....

thank you so much

Christophe Touchard
PTL PREFERRED FOR 10 YEARS

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Mar 25, 2008 at 1:33 pm Reason: Merged unedited into existing thread
Old Mar 26, 2008, 12:42 am

Programs: 3 million miles LIFETIME PLT AADVANTAGE/LIFETIME SPG PLT!! 25 years member /PRESIDENT'S CLUB HERTZ
Well at least you got 3500 Starwood points for the missing amenities lucky you....

I almost got anything with all the missing problems I do have on my account...
I am so tired of looking at my account so closely when I travel...
I do not have time to do the Police for my Starwood points...

I do think when something is missing to a customer account it should be given double points for the problem or something

Also why Starwood stopped the 500 for booking on the SPG.COM
it was way too goo to be true.......
Since 1990 as a Starwood I have seen so many changes I could write a book on it... I Have been a PLT Preferred for over 9 years now at least
Old Mar 26, 2008, 12:48 am

Sure. SPG promises do do whatever they want, whenever they get around to it.

SO TRUE......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.