Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2007, 7:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Is there a way to request the 500 pt plat amenity that didn't post online? Not via email but through the drop down menu
Old Aug 15, 2007, 6:28 pm

That's a good idea!

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Is there a way to request the 500 pt plat amenity that didn't post online? Not via email but through the drop down menu
That's a good idea that the web gurus should offer! Plus the triple points for non receipt of the 500 pts.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 8:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; OnePass Gold; Avis President's Club
My amenity from last week didn't post again. I guess I'm going to have to add it to my schedule to call SPG every Tuesday to get my amenity posted.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 8:23 am

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
I'm guessing I'm right at that 10% not posting, too. Though I have to say, last time I called about 4 days or so after a stay and asked why it hadn't posted. The rep told me that they have to wait 7 days to see if it posts, but that she would make a note and check if it's not there after a week and post it manually. True to her word, the rep did a manual posting exactly 7 days after my stay without me having to call back. Good service, I thought.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 8:28 am
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Originally Posted by Uniter
I'm guessing I'm right at that 10% not posting, too. Though I have to say, last time I called about 4 days or so after a stay and asked why it hadn't posted. The rep told me that they have to wait 7 days to see if it posts, but that she would make a note and check if it's not there after a week and post it manually. True to her word, the rep did a manual posting exactly 7 days after my stay without me having to call back. Good service, I thought.
While I would agree that it was conscientious of the rep to post the amenity without additional prompting, "good service" would've been proper posting in the first place or additional points for your time/trouble having to follow up.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Before the latest, greatest, newest version of spg.com, you could request missing Plat amenity points online via the "missing credit (or is it points?)" link on the account page. The reason you could do this is that there was a "Comments" field. Unfortunately with the new site, there have deleted the "Comments" field and now we're all screwed because they miss at least 40% of my amenity postings.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by kevinsac
We should get a double bonus everytime we have to call to get them to correct a mistake or to add missing points!
There was a separate thread recently re: charges in excess of final invoice amounts. I think double bonus points is an excellent idea to compensate us for having to chase the hotels for missing amenity points and billing 'issues'.

In my last six stays, I have two non-posting Plat amenities and one CC overcharge. That's quite an indictment of the systems used by Starwood.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by enigmamatt
I'll be making SPG Plat for the first time in a few weeks. I have been Marriott Plat for a while now and was wondering if SPG has any type of guarantee like Marriott (i.e. you receive $100 if there is no gift offered).

Matt
It's worth noting, though, that Marriott's program only pays you if the gift is not offered. If you fill out the amenity ticket and it just doesn't post, you are not entitled to the $100.

FWIW, I have Plat status at Marriott and my wife has Diamond at Hilton. I've had more problems with Marriott amenities not posting than I have had with Starwood (10-15% of the time at Marriott, 10%ish at Starwood). We've never had a problem with Hilton.

Mike
Old Aug 20, 2007, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA - LFT GLD 1MM, UA - 2P, SPG - LFT Plat, Hyatt - Plat, HH - Gold, Avis - CHM
what actually might be a nice improvement is to have it set up as a user profile for platinum amenity -- so that whatever you select is the default, and then you can change it at the hotel if you feel like doing something else. i believe hilton has something similar to this now.

then we wouldnt need to call in, nor have to prompt the hotel front desk newbs about amenities...
Old Aug 20, 2007, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Globehopper
It may be a run of bad luck or slippage in quality control, but it seems that since the start of this year, I've had to phone up and request my platinum amenity (500 pts) for at least 1/3rd of my stays as they did not automatically post.

Anyone else had this experience?
I had 2 recent stays (in past 2 weeks) at different SPG properties and one posted 500 amenity pts and the other only 250 pts. Both properties were aware of my Plat status.

Any ideas why this may be the case?
Old Aug 20, 2007, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Originally Posted by Elite VIP
Originally Posted by Globehopper
It may be a run of bad luck or slippage in quality control, but it seems that since the start of this year, I've had to phone up and request my platinum amenity (500 pts) for at least 1/3rd of my stays as they did not automatically post.

Anyone else had this experience?
I had 2 recent stays (in past 2 weeks) at different SPG properties and one posted 500 amenity pts and the other only 250 pts. Both properties were aware of my Plat status.

Any ideas why this may be the case?
Was one of your stays at a Four Points? FP only give 250 starpoints.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Was one of your stays at a Four Points? FP only give 250 starpoints.
Perhaps I should not admit this, but BOTH stays were at Four Points.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 8:30 pm

Hi,

I just earned Plat anout 2 weeks ago & used my Mastrecard Free Weekend Stay @ the Westin Kuala Lumpur over the weekend.

It sure was sweet, was upgraded to a very nice suite, despite the property being fully sold out. The Middle Eastern guests sure filled up the property.
Service was excellent and food at the restaurants were very enjoyable & delicious!

I just took a look at the Plat Benefits and realize that I did not get any
"Welcome Gift Upon Arrival" and did not find the "Platinum Amenity (500 pts)" listed under the benefits.

So, can I get some help as to how can I get hold of the complete list of benefits for Plat since its missing on SPG.com or am I missing something and should I just call up cust care to get the missing platinum amenity?

Cheers!
Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:52 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Squzair
Hi,

I just earned Plat anout 2 weeks ago & used my Mastrecard Free Weekend Stay @ the Westin Kuala Lumpur over the weekend.

It sure was sweet, was upgraded to a very nice suite, despite the property being fully sold out. The Middle Eastern guests sure filled up the property.
Service was excellent and food at the restaurants were very enjoyable & delicious!

I just took a look at the Plat Benefits and realize that I did not get any
"Welcome Gift Upon Arrival" and did not find the "Platinum Amenity (500 pts)" listed under the benefits.

So, can I get some help as to how can I get hold of the complete list of benefits for Plat since its missing on SPG.com or am I missing something and should I just call up cust care to get the missing platinum amenity?

Cheers!
Check out the resource thread stickied to the top of the forum. There is a posting there that will tell you everything you need to know concerning Platinum welcome amenities.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Aug 21, 2007, 9:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Is it just me or when I used to call to get credit for plat amen pts, did SPG used to post your points (plat amen) right then and there or 24 hours at most?

Now they tell me its five days which seems like a long time to post for something that is or should be just an entry by the CSR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.