Platinum Upgrade Successes 2009

Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:39 am

Programs: Starwood life Plt, AA Gold.,Delta . ,Priority Plat,IC Ambassador
Westin Hollywood

This has been said before,,,,,,,,,,,,,,This hotel treats Plat's well!!

Sat night award night...corner suite and club..32 Floor
Sun. discount rate for Fla flolks...corner suite and club....all listed as upgraded two weeks before arr. date.

Sport bar across road excellent food, decent price good service. We found all other food in hotel costly.

Club service excellent, drinks at night 7.00, food not bad for the USA, breakfast again good....club has lots of room, no dess code and great view.

Only other comment...no other parking in area, 23.00 per night, can park self but only save a few bucks...........Excellent pool, excellent beach...

Enjoy!
Old Nov 23, 2009, 12:50 pm

Programs: United 1K, SPG Platinum, PC Gold
As a spg platinum member, I got many nice treatments.
And it seems to me that I will be very likely to get upgrade to very nice room is I ask for 1-bed room. I never got upgrade if I ask for 2-bed room.

Do SPG hotels have suites with 2-bed rooms at all ?
Old Nov 23, 2009, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Jiangsu
As a spg platinum member, I got many nice treatments.
And it seems to me that I will be very likely to get upgrade to very nice room is I ask for 1-bed room. I never got upgrade if I ask for 2-bed room.

Do SPG hotels have suites with 2-bed rooms at all ?
yes....lots of spg hotels have 2 bedroom suites....i just booked one last month at the westin sohna in india....
Old Nov 23, 2009, 9:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Westin Book Cadillac Detroit

Booked a room at ~$119 under the November LTO and was upgraded to a really nice suite on the 21st Floor. Living room had a nice Plasma TV as did the bedroom - terrific views on three sides from the bedroom. The building is beautifully restored, but the surrounding area left much to be desired! Nice way to kickstart Platinum status
Old Nov 24, 2009, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Honolulu

At Sheraton PK, Oahu, Hawaii was upgraded from a standard room, double bed, to a Palm Suite.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
The Joule - Dallas, TX

Booked a standard room and was upgraded to a Loft Suite. All I can say is wow, completely awesome. This was one of my favorite upgrades ever at a Starwood property and certainly one of the tops for a Luxury Collection.

The room is a two level suite located on the 18th floor. One bedroom and three bathrooms. The downstairs includes a large living room with desk, a small bath in one room, in another distinct room is the 2nd bath (sans toilet) but includes sink, soaking tub and large stall shower. Upstairs is the bedroom with an open loft wall that looks down to the living room below, a full bath and desk / seating area.

The entire property is fantastic and now my first choice for Dallas - a complete no brainer if you need to stay downtown. The decor is that of a very upscale W. I very highly recommend this property.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 5:44 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Bangkok mid Nov

Had back to back stays at...

Plaza Athenee, Le Meridien Bangkok, Westin and got upgraded to a suite each time from a standard non smoking room.

Have stayed at Le Meridien 3 times now and got a suite upgrade each time. Westin is patchy but I now stay around 15 times a year and have recently started to get upgraded to a suite more often.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriot (via SPG) Lifetime Gold
Parker (Le Meridian) Palm Springs

Upgraded to a junior suite overlooking the garden/grounds using my Platinum Free Weekend gift (which I had forgotten about until the Platinum Concierge reminded me of it...)
Old Nov 25, 2009, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
I have stayed at the W-Los Angeles several times this fall, and each time, I have been upgraded to a better suite than during my previous stay.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 3:13 pm

4P Phoenix North - Junior Suite
4P SFO - Bi-Level Suite
Old Nov 26, 2009, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
W Union Square - Booked 'Wonderful' room, pre-upgraded to "Mega" room. At checkin, was told there were lots of families who needed room for rollaways and was put in a "Spectacular" room with a 20th floor view of...a wall. Got a better upgrade as Preferred Plus Member on my 10th stay to qualify as Gold.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (MM), AA Lifetime Platinum (MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond,
I have been upgraded to a suite on all but 1 of my 63 stays so for this year. Some of the noteworthy properties who have upgradeed me to suites 100% of the time, in advance and and without my asking:

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel and Towers (exec towers suite each stay)
Westin Park CentraL, Dallas (Deluxe suite each stay)
Sheraton Pattaya Thailand (Deluxe pavillion)
Sheraton Hongjio Shanghai
Sheraton San Juan

Just to name a few.

And my favorite upgrade: Le Meridien Koh Samui Thailand two years ago: A 3500 sq ft 2 br. beachside villa from a traditional room rate.

Thanks SPG Platinum!!!
Old Nov 26, 2009, 9:01 pm

4P Taipei Chungho - Deluxe Room (from Superior, only two suites at the hotel so )

Sheraton Taipei - Director's Junior Suite (although first assigned a Diplomatic Suite, I asked for a downgrade to a Director's Junior Suite because I like the layout much better. LOVE THIS HOTEL ^^^)
Old Nov 27, 2009, 4:12 am
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
Sheraton Iguazu jangle view to fall view on 2nd floor

Sheraton buenos aires standard room to club suite very good hotel with exellent service
After I reviews here, I was glad to change from another sheraton to sheraton hotel and convention
Old Nov 27, 2009, 9:42 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Westin Washington D.C. City Center: Standard room to Atrium Suite (unique layout in tower inside the hotel's atrium)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.