Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Upgrade Successes 2008

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2008, 12:10 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, USAir Gold, SPG Plat
Sheraton Libertador, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Upgraded from standard room to Presidential Suite - Suite included: large bedroom (king size bed) with large TV, Dining room with small kitchen, Living room with large TV and Stereo, Office Room with Copier and Fax, Guest Bathroom, Large Bathroom with large Jacuzzi, Sauna, Shower with 10 jets. Total of 3 minibars and 4 TV's.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 12:31 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Four Points San Diego

Four Points San Diego - asked about suite availability at check-in, was told hotel completely booked. Agent checked anyway, was able to find a suite... but the suite only had 1 king bed, and I needed 2 beds. So no upgrade.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 3:49 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Westin Paris, Paris, Dec 2008
Normal Room upgraded to Suite, balcony under the roof, perpendicular to Rue de Rivoli.

Prince de Galles, Paris, Dec 2008
Booked regular room upgraded to suite, overlooking Avenue Georges V.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 10:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Back to the Sheraton Cerritos for another stay - this hotel wins the award for the friendliest service and most consistent delivery of Plat benefits. Upgraded to a suite before check-in, free Internet, asked about amenities, and given free breakfast for two for each of my nights.

I wish they would shoot the Starwood training videos here so every other property could see how it's done.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 11:05 pm

Westin Grand Frankfurt

booked Cash & Point Reward ('Classic Room')
received 'Grand Deluxe' room (nice but no walk in shower which I dislike) - no lounge or anything else besides 5pm checkout (usually they charge hefty fees for late(r) checkouts).
Old Dec 30, 2008, 11:36 pm

Sheraton Frankfurt Hotel & Towers

Booked Cash & Point award ('Classic Room')
received 'Club' Deluxe room (no 'Towers' room).

Club Lounge was exceptional great. Room was dated and not very impressive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.