Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Gift for 2010

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Smile Platinum Gift for 2010

Hey All,

I just received this e mail now. Thanks Starwood for making efforts to appreciate our loyality.

Congratulations on earning another year of Starwood Preferred Guest® Platinum status — our top tier level — which gives you access to the industry's best suite upgrade policy along with a host of other exclusive Platinum benefits.

To thank you for staying with us, we'd like to offer you the choice of a US$25 SPG® Award Certificate or a one-year subscription to the magazine of your choice.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: SPG Gold, UA 1K, Avis PC
Platinum Gift 2010

Just received this message:

Congratulations on earning another year of Starwood Preferred Guest® Platinum status — our top tier level — which gives you access to the industry's best suite upgrade policy along with a host of other exclusive Platinum benefits.

To thank you for staying with us, we'd like to offer you the choice of a US$25 SPG® Award Certificate or a one-year subscription to the magazine of your choice.

Terms and Conditions:

Once the gift option is selected it cannot be changed. Offer is nontransferable and void for Starwood employees. Member must redeem this offer online only, within 30 days after the email is delivered.

Complimentary one-year magazine subscription: This offer is applicable for one complimentary one-year magazine subscription to a U.S. address only. Subscription may be confirmed for a third party by entering recipient's name and mailing address for delivery. Selected magazine should begin arriving within 4–6 weeks from online confirmation. Renewals for the selected magazine subscription are the responsibility of the member. Any customer service questions relating to the magazine subscription should be directed to Condé Nast at 1-800-405-8085. For a current existing subscription of the selected magazine, the member may use this offer to add one complimentary year, provided the same name and address are used. To ensure uninterrupted service, the request must be received 8 weeks prior to the scheduled end of the subscription. Magazine selection may change over the duration of the program. Information provided will be used to verify eligibility of offer and to email confirmation of order details; it will not be used to update or add to member's Starwood Preferred Guest® membership profile. Only the name, address and magazine selection will be provided to Condé Nast for fulfillment of the subscription.

SPG® Award Certificate: Members who choose this option will receive one (1) US$25 SPG Award Certificate within 4–6 weeks of registration at the address on their Starwood Preferred Guest account. Certificate is valid one year from month issued and may be used toward any goods or services that are charged to your folio at a Starwood Preferred Guest participating hotel by the expiration date. Upon checkout, the face value of the certificate will be applied to your folio. Certificates are not redeemable for cash. No cash or credit will be given for any unused portion of any certificate surrendered. When certificate is redeemed outside of the United States, currency conversion rates of the day will be utilized and confirmed by the hotel. Certificate must be surrendered to the hotel at time of use. Certificate is not transferable and cannot be resold. Use by any person other than the recipient named is invalid and void. Certificates may not be duplicated, may not be accepted if altered in any way, and may not be replaced if lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:15 am
Suspended

Here's a Gift to Celebrate Your Platinum Status

Received by email just now:

To thank you for staying with us, we'd like to offer you the choice of a US$25 SPG® Award Certificate or 1,000 bonus Starpoints®.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:18 am
Community Director Emerita

I didn't expect a thing - so this came as a very nice surprise. I've got all my travel magazine subscriptions up to date, so I'll be using $25 on my next Starwood hotel stay.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Interesting that some report being offered a 1,000 bonus whilst the majority a magazine subscription.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:20 am
Suspended

yep now the question is when it says $25 off of Goods or Services, I take that to mean it wont be a $25 off the room rate .So unless a person will have some other charges being posted to their bill this will be worthless

I guess you can take a couple of things from the mini bar, but had it been a straight $25 including room rate taht would have been better
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:22 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Many thanks to Starwood! I am opting for the points. Thank you once again!!
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:26 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
I'm a plat and got offered $25 or Magazine. Wonder what the differentiator is?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
T&Cs

I'll beat gfowler to this and post the T&Cs on the first page of the thread. I had the option of a $25 Certificate or 1,000 bonus Starpoints®.

To ensure you receive your Starwood Hotels & Resorts emails, please add [email protected] to your address book. Find out how.

Once the gift option is selected, it cannot be changed. Offer is nontransferable and void for Starwood employees. Member must redeem this offer online only, within 30 days after the email is delivered.

SPG Award Certificate: A member who chooses this option will receive one (1) US$25 SPG Award Certificate within 4–6 weeks of registration at the address on his or her Starwood Preferred Guest account. Certificate is valid one year from month issued and may be used towards any goods or services that are charged to his or her folio at a Starwood Preferred Guest participating hotel by the expiry date. Upon checkout, the face value of the certificate will be applied to the folio. Certificates are not redeemable for cash. No cash or credit will be given for any unused portion of any certificate surrendered. When certificate is redeemed outside of the United States, currency conversion rates of the day will be utilised and confirmed by the hotel. Certificate must be surrendered to the hotel at time of use. Certificate is not transferable and cannot be resold. Use by any person other than the recipient named is invalid and void. Certificates may not be duplicated, may not be accepted if altered in any way and may not be replaced if lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.

1,000 bonus Starpoints: A member who chooses this option will receive 1,000 bonus Starpoints posted to his or her account within 2–3 weeks of registration.

All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest programme terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at SPG.com. Offer is applicable to individual members only and not to groups. Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time. To update your communication preferences or to learn about our privacy practices, view our Privacy Statement on SPG.com/privacy, or access our privacy information line by ringing 1-877-782-0071 in the US and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries. Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, The Luxury Collection, Le Méridien, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates. Void where prohibited by law. © 2010 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. All rights reserved.
Originally Posted by pitbrian
Perhaps the magazine subscription is being offered to US residents ...
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Which magazines can we pick from?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
Interesting that some report being offered a 1,000 bonus whilst the majority a magazine subscription.
Originally Posted by pitbrian
I believe that the USA members are being offered the Magazine Subscription while non-USA members are being offered the 1,000 SPG points. Makes sense as Conde Nast does not mail many of these magazines out of the country
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:30 am
Suspended

I got the 25 or magazine offer. Thanks SPG. Found money.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:30 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by anchor79
Hey All,

I just received this e mail now. Thanks Starwood for making efforts to appreciate our loyality.

Quite a far cry from Platinum gifts of past years though
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:34 am

Programs: AA 2 MM Plt, *wood Plt
Originally Posted by kevino
Which magazines can we pick from?
Architectural Digest
Bon Appitit
Conde Naste
Details
Glamour
Golf Digest
GQ
Lucky
The New Yorker
Self
Vanity Fair
Vogue
W
Wired
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i wonder how long its going to be before people start whining about the fact that last year we were offered more????

as someone else mentioned before me, this was not expected this year so getting it is a wonderful surprise....great move by spg once again....

i got the $25 certificate or 1k points offer....will probably take the points....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.