Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Gift for 2010

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Way easier to list the properties that aren't participating in SPG rather than those that do:

The following properties are not Participating Properties. We reserve the right to change this list from time to time without notice. We endeavor to keep this list up to date, but you should contact your regional Customer Contact Center for the most current information.

The Lanesborough, A St. Regis Hotel - London, United Kingdom
Residence Deira by Le Méridien - Dubai
Vistana's Beach Club - Jensen Beach, FL
Le Méridien Moscow Country Club - Moscow, Russian Federation
The Boston Park Plaza Hotel & Towers - Boston, MA
Tremont Hotel - Chicago, IL
Le Méridien Dubai - Dubai
Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina - Dubai
Grosvenor House West Marina Beach by Le Méridien - Dubai
Le Royal Méridien Beach Resort & Spa - Dubai
Le Méridien Al Aqah Beach Resort - Fujairah
Le Méridien Fairway - Dubai
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina - Dubai
Sheraton Karachi Hotel and Towers - Karachi, Pakistan
Le Mériden Haifa – Haifa, Israel

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Thanks for the quick response, William. It's very helpful.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 4:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I took the 1000 points. Thanks SPG!
Old Apr 28, 2010, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by sc flier
I haven't gotten an email yet, and it told me that I was not eligible when I tried to register at the URL for US targets:

http://www.spgpromos.com/elitegiftus/
Thanks for posting the link sc flier. ^ Unfortunately for this Plat, I got what I seem to be getting a lot of lately from *wood - a big steaming bowl of jack squat. Not eligible. Oh well....
Old Apr 28, 2010, 5:49 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Never mind.

Last edited by FatManInNYC; Apr 28, 2010 at 5:56 pm Reason: Read explanation of promo, above ...
Old Apr 28, 2010, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Okay, so here is the deal.

On an annual basis we send a gift to those members who have requalified for Gold or Platinum…and that is what was sent out today...this year's version of that gift

These messages are only sent to those members who we have an email address for and are opted in to receive SPG promotions. If you feel you should have been included, Thyetus and I* are happy to look into it for you.
emphasis mine

That explains it for me - thank you for the clarification.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 5:55 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
Weird...30 stays so far in 2010...a pile of reservations coming up and I'm part of the jack squat club...
Old Apr 28, 2010, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Canada101
Weird...30 stays so far in 2010...a pile of reservations coming up and I'm part of the jack squat club...
Check your SPG.com profile and ensure you were previously signed up to receive promo emails. (Click on "My Account" and then "My Profile" followed by "Email Preferences.")
Old Apr 28, 2010, 6:08 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
Originally Posted by FatManInNYC
Check your SPG.com profile and ensure you were previously signed up to receive promo emails. (Click on "My Account" and then "My Profile" followed by "Email Preferences.")
I did and my profile says:

Email Preferences

You are currently receiving
Starwood Preferred Guest E-statements
Starwood Preferred Guest Exclusive Offers and Promotions
Hotel and Resort Features and Specials
Guest Stay/Market Research Surveys

So not sure what the matter is. Anyway, I'll wait to see if it comes in then ask for help.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I've been Platinum for more years than I can count, and did so again for this year--through 3/2011, but I only received the "Congratulations on earning another year of Platinum status in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program. Platinum is the highest membership level, allowing you to enjoy exclusive elite benefits including ..." Going on to tell me the benefits of having status, and ending with "As always, we look forward to providing you with the elite benefits of your Platinum Preferred Guest membership. To learn more, visit the Platinum Benefits page on SPG.com."

So, my question is (and pardon my being so dense), but did those who received the 'gift' qualify already this year for next year's Platinum ? Meaning they already had the 25 + stays earned this year from Jan-April 2010, so they are now Platinum through 3/2012 ?? Was that what 'requalifed' means?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 6:42 pm

Programs: QF,VS,SQ,SPG,IC
mauld I received the gift and I haven't requalified as yet this year. I did qualify without using double stays during 2009, so that may be it.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mauld
I've been Platinum for more years than I can count, and did so again for this year--through 3/2011, but I only received the "Congratulations on earning another year of Platinum status in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program. Platinum is the highest membership level, allowing you to enjoy exclusive elite benefits including ..." Going on to tell me the benefits of having status, and ending with "As always, we look forward to providing you with the elite benefits of your Platinum Preferred Guest membership. To learn more, visit the Platinum Benefits page on SPG.com."

So, my question is (and pardon my being so dense), but did those who received the 'gift' qualify already this year for next year's Platinum ? Meaning they already had the 25 + stays earned this year from Jan-April 2010, so they are now Platinum through 3/2012 ?? Was that what 'requalifed' means?
If that was the creteria I wouldnt have gotten the email to chose, as Im at 4 stays so far in '10

havent decided if I will go after the 3:1 if I do it will be for 3 free nights max, I dont find *Ws promos worth chasing so far this year, while almost every yr in the past they did in fact have some really nice worthwhile promos
Old Apr 28, 2010, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by snufl
mauld I received the gift and I haven't requalified as yet this year. I did qualify without using double stays during 2009, so that may be it.
Nope again

maybe *W just wants to play with all of our minds and found its rather an inexpensive way to accomplish that going this route
Old Apr 28, 2010, 6:58 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Last year, I was status matched to Plat from Hilton Diamond. In addition, I qualified for Platinum last year (probably via stays). So should I have received the email?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 7:11 pm
SDK

I took the US$25.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 7:24 pm

Programs: SPG
I opted 1K points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.