Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Gift for 2010

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:43 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
I'm platinum but haven't got an email. Do only people renewing platinum status get it or do all plats?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: Conti Plat/1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by price123
I'm platinum but haven't got an email. Do only people renewing platinum status get it or do all plats?
I haven't re-qualified for platinum yet this year and I got the email...

Maybe the emails come in stages..

Last edited by bwerber; Apr 28, 2010 at 11:47 am Reason: ...
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
I haven't received one either. I was Gold last year and Plat this year, so technically, I did not "renew" my SPG status, though I see that Golds received the same gift as the Plats so figure that I should qualify too?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:48 am

Programs: AC SE, Alaska MVP Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond
I'm also a new Plat and haven't received anything yet. However, there is another thread started now about 2010 gold gifts....which is stated as offering the same gift options.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Previous years Plats got BOTH a magazine subscription AND 50% off redemption.

Oh well, better than nothing.

I would strongly advise against getting the magazine subscription. I got it when SPG offered it in the previous years and my inbox was suddenly bombarded with junk mail. It may not have been SPG who sold my information, but the magazine I subscribed to, but I'd avoid the hassle and take the other awards.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: UA1K SPG Platinum Hilton Diamond
I'm a few stays from re-qualifying but received the email today.

Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: UA1K SPG Platinum Hilton Diamond
we need a lawyer here. if room rate is neither goods nor services then what is it? I would consider room as Services

Originally Posted by craz
yep now the question is when it says $25 off of Goods or Services, I take that to mean it wont be a $25 off the room rate .So unless a person will have some other charges being posted to their bill this will be worthless

I guess you can take a couple of things from the mini bar, but had it been a straight $25 including room rate taht would have been better
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Is there a link? I never get email from SPG (except reservations) for some reason (and yes I have all the check boxes sans the never email me on checked).

Last edited by bdraco; Apr 28, 2010 at 12:19 pm
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:06 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
A pleasant surprise from SPG. ^

Understandable, yet interesting, that the non-USA award is USD.

Some SPG properties do have fantastic in-hotel restaurants and/or bars, to which the $25 would be a nice disount.

Then again, 1,00 points isn't too bad either!

Ah, decisions, decisions....
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:06 pm

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
The same here I'm Platinum as well but no E-Mail - like usual. I always get the monthly report by E-Mail and Hotel bookings are as well send to this E-Mail by the system so this should not be the problem.

No lagguage tags - no nothing. I don't know why
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:30 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Okay, am I the only Plat who's got the exact same email but without any offer whatsoever!?

My email says:

Congratulations on earning another year of Platinum status in the Starwood Preferred Guest® programme. Platinum is the highest membership level, allowing you to enjoy exclusive elite benefits including:

Increased earning power: three Starpoints® per US$1 spent — a 50%increase over base-level membership
An upgrade to the best available room at check-in, including Select Standard Suites¹
4pm late checkout²
Platinum ConciergeSM service
A Platinum welcome gift upon arrival with every stay
Complimentary Internet access in your guest room³
Access to the hotel gym and Executive- and Club-level floors when facilities exist at Westin®, Sheraton® and Le Méridien® hotels
Guaranteed room availability with 72+ hours notice (by 3pm hotel time)
As always, we look forward to providing you with the elite benefits of your Platinum Preferred Guest membership. To learn more, visit the Platinum Benefits page on SPG.com.

View Platinum Benefits >>
FWIW, I've been a Plat for the last nine consecutive years.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Okay, am I the only Plat who's got the exact same email but without any offer whatsoever!?
That's still more than I've gotten (so far)...
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by saad
i wonder how long its going to be before people start whining about the fact that last year we were offered more????

as someone else mentioned before me, this was not expected this year so getting it is a wonderful surprise....great move by spg once again....

i got the $25 certificate or 1k points offer....will probably take the points....
sorry yes its better than nothing but not by much at that, maybe they held off with giving it out so that everyone would see it as you did

but with worse so called Gifts so far as well as promos, SPG isnt so endearing in my eyes at all in '10
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:51 pm

Programs: LH LT SEN, Bonvoy Titanium (former SPG Plat) + LTP
Didn't receive an email like some others.

I only receive my monthly statements and the booking confirmations or changes but nothing else.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
I didn't receive it either. I have been Platinum for the last three years and already qualified for this year. Not sure why. Maybe I will get it later... Hope so. $25 off is still worth something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.