Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discover America® Daily Getaways: SPG offer gone (updated title)

Discover America® Daily Getaways: SPG offer gone (updated title)

Old May 3, 10, 8:13 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Carlson Gold
Normally I never get in quickly enough on these things, but I was able to buy 5 x 7000 right at 10 AM.
Old May 3, 10, 8:14 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt
wow did that manage to tick me off!

managed to get 5 of the 7,000 in my shopping basket, entered all my details, and it claimed my expiration date was wrong. i triple checked it visually, and re-entered just in case. still said it was bad did this twice, then chucked me out, and then of course everything was gone.

totally frustrating as all the data was correct and so there wasn't anything i could do.
Old May 3, 10, 8:15 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by JanoS- View Post
Yep, the US citizens-only rule is harsh. I guess our dollars are not so valuable as the dollars of the US citizens.
Not Citizens.. But Residents.

I'm a USA Resident but my Company Amex Card has an Overseas Billing address and was not accepted without a USA Billing Address.

Morning Wasted
Old May 3, 10, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
It's not sold out yet - I was just able to go back and grab another 4K. Got the "try again" message a couple of times, then got through.
Old May 3, 10, 8:16 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum Thnks to FT
I got one 7K and one 4K. So, $160. for 11K SPG points is not too bad.
Old May 3, 10, 8:18 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, SPG LT Platinum, UA SIlver, VX eleVAte Gold (RIP)
More may still be available. Once somebody has something in the cart for that offer it seems to block the others until that person finishes entering the information and then opens up to the next person. I clicked several times and it went through in the end. Nobody seems to be going for the 4,000 point offer and probably the only ones that know about this are here on FT.
Old May 3, 10, 8:20 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by miles4CDG View Post
It's not sold out yet - I was just able to go back and grab another 4K. Got the "try again" message a couple of times, then got through.
Same experience for me. I was distracted by a call at 10am and by 10:02 was getting the "no points for you" pop-up. Clicked around using "1" on the three packages and managed to get one of each.

Thanks SPG, Lurker(s), et al.

Shows how valuable and popular points are ...
Old May 3, 10, 8:20 am

Programs: AA:Lifetime Plat DL:Lifetime Silver UA:1P MAR:Lifetime Tit
Anyone have the url of the cart page handy? Please share if so. Thanks.
Old May 3, 10, 8:21 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by Kohoutek View Post
You have to use an AMEX card.
Is this true? If so it is really bad form not to advise us of this on the Home page

Programs: SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; National Exe; Avis Preferred
also, try different quantities. . .I didn't try for 5 (one cause didn't want to spend that much, 2 - and odd number would likely be fulfilled before the max)

also keep in mind there are going to be many, just like in the amex wish game, where people are trying just for the sake of trying with no intention to buy. Not like it's something that can be resold for profit (like many of the wish list items).

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
i got 5 of the 10,000 sets at 10.01 but when i entered my billing adress it said it didnt match my credit card. verified it two times and it was correct but the system thought otherwise and kicked me out the third time
Old May 3, 10, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena View Post
Is this true? If so it is really bad form not to advise us of this on the Home page
You don't have to use AMEX.
Old May 3, 10, 8:23 am

I got 5 of the 7,000 pt packages at exactly 10am in my cart..but when I tried to enter billing information, it kept on saying my 15 digit AMEX number was entered wrong. I tried both of my Amex cards and double checked, but nope, it wouldnt work. Finally tried a mastercard, and they said the digits were wrong too. Finally my time ran out, and when i tried to re-add, they were all already in other poeples carts. Darn it.
Old May 3, 10, 8:24 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by richarddd View Post
You don't have to use AMEX.
But you do need your SPG number. Should be a no-brainer that it would be needed, but I've never claimed to have a brain ... had to open a new IE window and click over to SPG to get it.
Old May 3, 10, 8:25 am

Programs: SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; National Exe; Avis Preferred
wonder if like the amex wish one it'll say "sold" out when they're truly gone.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: