Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: SPG Free Weekends 2010 earn thru July 31; redeem through Dec. 19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: SPG Free Weekends 2010 earn thru July 31; redeem through Dec. 19

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:37 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
Well isn't this the free WEEKEND promotion??
Well, aren't we comparing 2ND QUARTER promotions?
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:38 am
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by saad
would day rates be eligable for this promo????i have 2 coming up next month....

maybe william or thyetus can confirm....
Yes, if it is posted as a stay by the property. If it isn't, contact [email protected] with your folio to sort it out.

Thyetus Lee
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro 1.4M, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Zantaine
Thank you for posting and giving us the opportunity to redeem the awards into December!
+1 ^
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alanslegal
I have a few bookings already for June-July (some pre-paid & non cancellable) , I assume that they will still be counted towards the promo?
Yes.

Thyetus Lee
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for your support and patience.

Personally I do not mind comments or thoughts but I would appreciate if respect is given to each other but writing it without anger, impoliteness or insult.

We aren't here to chase members away so hopefully, while there is disagreement, it can be expressed in a less intimidating manner.

Thyetus
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by scubadu
Did you honestly expect anything less? Rather than simply quietly voting with our wallets, the correct way to effect change in a market economy, FTers prefer to vote with their posts and somehow believe it will create impactful change.

Regards
If I didn't expect something more, would I have made the post?

I would suggest FTers vote with both their meaningful well thought out posts and their wallets, but YMMV.
I guess I look at things differently and don't look a gift horse in the mouth...that probably makes me a rarity here.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:55 am

not the best promo (although I did post that i wanted FWNs but wanted 2 stays)...
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:58 am

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Just business...

Last year I jumped through hoops to earn free nights, driving an hour out of my way if necessary. That won't happen this year.

There is a reason for everything. If the marketing gurus believe that making the promo 50% worse than last year is the right thing to do than who are we to argue?

Hyatt is offering 20% off Costco certificates, free breakfast, and a 2 for 1 stay promo good for any day of the week vs. SPG's 3 for 1 weekend only night.

Only two possible conclusions make sense to me:

1. Hyatt is doing a full court press to lure as many frequent travelers away as possible from SPG, Hilton, etc... Taking it a bit in the shorts in the near term to hopefully gain a wave of new customers.

2. Starwood's business is quite healthy and they feel they don't need to resort to "gasoline wars" to run a profitable business. Free breakfasts and 20% off certificates certainly take away from the bottom line.

I will say that I am pleased at the Dec redemption date. I have earned Plat through 2012 and wouldn't have even thought of a *wood stay had it been Aug or Sept.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:06 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, United 1K
Agree with vinodavid and others.

This promotion does not draw me away from Hyatt at all. So far in 2010 I have 20 stays/35 nights at Hyatt and 11 stays/27 nights at Starwood. SPG will get somewhere around 14 more nights from me for Plat renewal.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by mrredskin
3 NIGHTS would have been good. 3 STAYS - not so much. Maybe I should try for that Hilton FastTrack to Gold
How about trying Hilton's FastTrack to Diamond with 7 stays? Add 1 more stay and you are a Diamond with two free nights that do not expire for 1 year since the issue date. If one can combine this with $25 gift cards per stay at Garden Inn you will get all of the above +$200.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:10 am

Programs: starwood and american airlines
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Hyatts? If you can find one. Not to mention the higher average cost vs SPG.

I think I know where there's a $65 4 Points. Norwalk CT. Hmmm. Mattress run.

dh
thank you. if you have any other info in the tri-state area....i am new to this.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:14 am

Nothing significantly good or bad about this... it's certainly better than nothing, no?

It's just too bad because I am off to china next week and have at least 5-6 stays during this trip. I will probably mix and match my stays between Hyatt and SPG...
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by Alex_I
How about trying Hilton's FastTrack to Diamond with 7 stays? Add 1 more stay and you are a Diamond with two free nights that do not expire for 1 year since the issue date. If one can combine this with $25 gift cards per stay at Garden Inn you will get all of the above +$200.
How do you do that? I am needing to earn a few more Hilton nights for my NYE trip. Unfortunately, while this is a good promotion, the nights expire before I can use them...thanks for your help!
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Plat
Thanks! The increase from 2->3 stays is a slight disappointment. But, I appreciate the extended redeption period.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by nachoman205
Guys I am looking at this in a whole different way. If *wood loses Plats to the compettion then that just means that upgrades should be easier to achieve. I am sure not going to downgrade anything that is FREE. If you do not like the program then by all means go somewhere Else

Thanks *wood every little bit helps
^ true. But come year end, *wood would more than likely have another double stay promos and a flood of members achieve plats again, and we're back to hoping for upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.