Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: SPG Free Weekends 2010 earn thru July 31; redeem through Dec. 19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: SPG Free Weekends 2010 earn thru July 31; redeem through Dec. 19

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:02 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
since W Koh Samui is out ...... is the St Regis Bali available for FWN redemption? it appears the answer is yes.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by alanslegal
since W Koh Samui is out ...... is the St Regis Bali available for FWN redemption? it appears the answer is yes.
isn't the st regis bali a cat 7 property????

then the answer would be 'no'....
Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:28 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by alanslegal
There are two reasons that the St Regis Bali is not participating, either one of which is sufficient:
  1. It is a level 7 property
  2. It is an all suite property, thus has no standard rooms (all redemptions are at least 2x points)

Redemptions cannot be done at any level 7 property:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...tegoryFilter=7
Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:30 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
yeah if you happen to be staying at the same hotel, on the same date(s), and happen to be prioritized behind that poster then sure you will get more.. otherwise his stay pattern does absolutely nothing for you

i always laugh when people post this
that's how they end up with 1000+ post counts so soon... saying the same thing when a member posts something like this
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Thank you to all for pointing out the St Regis Bali is a Cat7 / all suite property. I should have done my research first
Old Apr 28, 2010, 9:20 pm

REGISTRATION NOW OPEN ^

http://www.spgpromos.com/freeweekends
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:22 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Just registered, thanks for the heads up. I also had an interesting prompt when registering. It said I have opted not to receive Starwoods promotions and communications from marketing. It gave me a button to change this preference instantly.

I thought I had always had this checked and get some marketing emails, but apparently I wasn't or it was just an error.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
just registered....have 3 one night stays coming up on the 1st, 3rd & 4th of may....will have my first free weekend night locked in within a week from now....
Old Apr 29, 2010, 8:40 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I've just logged in to my personal SPG homepage, and I see a "background image" advertisement for this promo.

What I find misleading, to be kind, is that the visual accompanying the promo text is of the Grosvenor House in Dubai, a property that does not participate in SPG and hence cannot be used to earn or redeem the free nights.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airoli
What I find misleading, to be kind, is that the visual accompanying the promo text is of the Grosvenor House in Dubai, a property that does not participate in SPG and hence cannot be used to earn or redeem the free nights.
why would that be misleading????

when you click the property page for the grosvenor house it clearly tells you it does not participate in the spg program....
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by saad
when you click the property page for the grosvenor house it clearly tells you it does not participate in the spg program....
I know.

What I find misleading is that they advertise the promotion, with a big fat headline "earn unlimited free nights", using the visual of a highly aspirational luxury hotel in Dubai - which is not part of the promotion. Why did Starwood not pick one of their countless nice hotels that actually participates in SPG, and hence can be used to earn and redeem?

The way it is now, it's at least implied that you can obtain free nights at the Grosvenor House through this promo.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by saad
why would that be misleading????

I can see his point, it appears to be a bait and switch if that photo is in fact associated with the FFN offer.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airoli
I know.

What I find misleading is that they advertise the promotion, with a big fat headline "earn unlimited free nights", using the visual of a highly aspirational luxury hotel in Dubai - which is not part of the promotion. Why did Starwood not pick one of their countless nice hotels that actually participates in SPG, and hence can be used to earn and redeem?

The way it is now, it's at least implied that you can obtain free nights at the Grosvenor House through this promo.
Originally Posted by schley
I can see his point, it appears to be a bait and switch if that photo is in fact associated with the FFN offer.
if its a starwood property then it will advertise the promo....doesn't matter if its participating or not....no harm there....
Old Apr 29, 2010, 1:19 pm

Programs: starwood plat 5*elite svo, usair, delta, jetblue, southwest, nwa
if my stay is for 4/30-5/1 and i check out on 5/1 will this count towards a stay for this promotion?
Old Apr 29, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by pointsjunkie53
if my stay is for 4/30-5/1 and i check out on 5/1 will this count towards a stay for this promotion?
Read the thread, your answer lies within

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.