Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Westin Excelsion Rome 2002-2006 [MasterThread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Excelsion Rome 2002-2006 [MasterThread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2006, 7:04 am

I say give up the connecting rooms. I was there in August and got a wonderful suite upgrade.

IMHO, you're dead on accurate when you think the connecting rooms will diminish your chances.

It sounds as if they think they are doing you a favor by having the rooms connect. Clearly there has been a misunderstanding. That's not the favor you're looking for.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 10:48 pm

my $0.02

Never stayed at the Eden, but recently stayed at the Westin, and loved it. It is maybe a 10min walk from the train station (assuming that you take the shuttle in from FCO), very pleasant, hardly any gypsies.

As a plat, I was put into a HUGE suite, far and away the largest room I've ever seen in a *wood property... but then I get the plat shaft with great consistency re: upgrades in the US.

In addition to the totally fabu room, they brought fresh fruit, wine, sparkling water, etc for me. for free! AND they had a pillow menu, which showed the 12 different types of pillows that they had down at the front desk and would send up at your beck and call.

call, alas, I did not. you should go and avoid the same mistake, my friend!
Old Sep 19, 2006, 4:34 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Westin Excelsor Rome Car rental

I will be staying at the Westin Excellsor Rome and was wondering what Car rentals I could drop off either at the hotel or very near by. I am renting a car a FCO upon arrival ,driving to the Amalfi coast then returning it in Rome when I check in to the Westin. I remember staying at the Hilton Cavaleri last time and could drop off either a Hertz or EuropeCar right at the Hotel. This would be a Sat or Sunday drop around 2PM
Old Sep 19, 2006, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by martinplas
I will be staying at the Westin Excellsor Rome and was wondering what Car rentals I could drop off either at the hotel or very near by.
Look for drop off location at Villa Borghese, aka Parksi. Most car rental places have offices there and are open on weekend, although you should always doublecheck.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 6:04 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
martinplas
we just did something similar in the end of August (rented car in Avis Naples, drove through Amalfi and then dumped in Rome). Here was our experience... It was very quick and easy to get from Amalfi to the outskirts of Rome and then from there it went downhill fast. It is so difficult to drive into Rome! We like you were staying at the Westin Excelsior and wanted a close drop off. After studying viamichelin.com we settled on Rome Termini station. We thought about dropping at CIA or FCO airports, but decided we were up for the adventure of getting into Rome. It was an adventure, Avis gave us the wrong address, viamichelin didnt route us correctly and it took us an extra hour to find the drop spot. Ultimately Termini station is a short (about 10-15EU) cab ride away from the Westin. I saw a whole range of car rental places in the same garage near the station. Make sure to get better directions than we did (!!) and this would be a fairly convenient place to drop the car (and the taxi stand is right outside). But make sure the driver turns on the meter, and tell them you know how much the fare should be. I was initially told 30EU when we stopped at the hotel, then I gave the guy a 10EU note and he said ok.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 6:00 am

Programs: UA 1K3MM
Westin Rome - Grand Luxe or Junior Suite

I am using points to book a couple of rooms next year at the Westin in Rome - I can redeem for either a Grand Luxe room or a Junior Suite - is it worth the extra points for the Junior Suite?
Old Dec 2, 2006, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by SuiteFlyer
I am using points to book a couple of rooms next year at the Westin in Rome - I can redeem for either a Grand Luxe room or a Junior Suite - is it worth the extra points for the Junior Suite?
I redeemed there for Jan.2007 and did the Grade Lux Suite. The Jr. suites were that ugly red color and not appealing.The Grand Lux Suite was not that much more than the Grand Lux room and when I booked 4 nights the 5th was free
Old Dec 3, 2006, 7:35 am

Programs: UA 1K3MM
o.k, they did mention I could get the Gran Luxe Suite for more points - I was looking at the Gran Luxe rooms (below Junior Suite level)? Any experience with these rooms?
Old Dec 3, 2006, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by SuiteFlyer
o.k, they did mention I could get the Gran Luxe Suite for more points - I was looking at the Gran Luxe rooms (below Junior Suite level)? Any experience with these rooms?
I have stayed in one last year and they are roomy and good size ,but definatly not as roomy as the full Grand Lux Suite.
I almost picked the Meriden this Jan.,as the location seems nice ,but looking at the rooms ,I felt the Westin was better

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.