Aloft Facebook Contest

Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:08 pm
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Aloft Facebook Contest

I haven’t seen anyone make mention of this contest yet here at Flyertalk, so I thought I would bring it to your attention before it ends on Friday.

The Aloft brand and Live In The Vineyard have teamed up to offer all-access weekend tickets for the Napa Valley shows in April. Full details can be found here at Aloft’s Facebook page.

Stayed tuned for other such events being offered by Aloft and Live In The Vineyard later this year by visiting LiveAtAloftHotels.com!

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 18, 2010, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
I havent seen anyone make mention of this contest yet here at Flyertalk, so I thought I would bring it to your attention before it ends on Friday.

The Aloft brand and Live In The Vineyard have teamed up to offer all-access weekend tickets for the Napa Valley shows in April. Full details can be found here at Alofts Facebook page.

Stayed tuned for other such events being offered by Aloft and Live In The Vineyard later this year by visiting LiveAtAloftHotels.com!

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Thanks Lurker! I'm now a "fan"! ^
Old Mar 18, 2010, 4:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
Bummer! i can't believe this ends tomorrow and we're just now hearing about it. . just one winner spot left
Old Mar 18, 2010, 10:00 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
i was shocked when i heard an advertisement for this on the radio in stl. i think that may have been a waste of money.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hvanv0405
Bummer! i can't believe this ends tomorrow and we're just now hearing about it. . just one winner spot left
This has been out there for some time now...available at Aloft's Facebook page and advertised elsewhere. No one had mentioned it here, so I just wanted to make folks aware. There will be other offerings throughout the year, by the way.

Originally Posted by abk
i was shocked when i heard an advertisement for this on the radio in stl. i think that may have been a waste of money.
Just curious why you think this might have been a waste of money?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:28 am

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
well I for one that you for the post here because now i'm able to at least try for the last pair. I was recently laid off and hoping to start a new job next week but they keep delaying. . .with the unwanted time off at least I can sit here and refresh the screen all day and hopefully win!

I need to add an Aloft property to my starwood picture site on Shutterfly
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:32 am

Here is another contest page for a chance to win (just 1 GP winner) end march 26

http://www.liveinthevineyard.com/index-contest.html

Prize. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of (a) round-trip coach air transportation for two to Oakland, CA, San Francisco, CA, or Sacramento, CA (the "Destination") from a major commercial airport in the continental United States, near the winner’s primary residence, as determined by Sponsor; provided that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute ground transportation for air transportation if winner resides within 150 miles of the Destination; (b) three (3) nights hotel accommodations at the Silverado Resort (one double occupancy room and room tax only); (c) two (2) exclusive tickets for a private acoustic concert which, as of the posting of these Official Rules prior to the start of the Entry Period is expected to include Serena Ryder, VV Brown, Backstreet Boys, Tonic, Jason Castro, Train, Macy Gray, Theory of a Deadman, and Melissa Etheridge in Napa Valley, CA on April 10 and April 11 and April 12, 2010; and (d) two (2) passes to tour the famous caves of the Miner Family Winery. (TOTAL Approximate Retail Value (ARV) = $3,000)

Last edited by Hvanv0405; Mar 19, 2010 at 10:38 am
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:56 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
I don't know that it's a waste of money, but it does seem odd for an aloft contest to award a prize that involves a destination that doesn't have an aloft hotel within 400 miles and the lodging for the winner is at a non-Starwood property. Not how I would promote my brand, but what do I know?
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:05 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
i will listen to the spot again if possible, and i may have missed part of it because it took me by surprise, but my impression was the commercial was to win free tickets and didn't really mention getting there. it kind of a far drive from beautiful st louis and besides, we have our own "napa" valley here in st charles county.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by abk
i will listen to the spot again if possible, and i may have missed part of it because it took me by surprise, but my impression was the commercial was to win free tickets and didn't really mention getting there. it kind of a far drive from beautiful st louis and besides, we have our own "napa" valley here in st charles county.
If that's true then they missed telling the best part...transportation (as outlined in the T&C's) for two is included.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Mar 30, 2010, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

It looks as if Aloft Hotels & Live in the Vineyard have 2 more pairs of tickets to this event to give away on the Aloft Hotel's Facebook page this week!

Note: This newest round of tickets still include access to intimate acoustic performances from today's hottest pop superstars and emerging artists, such as Train, VV Brown, Tonic, Diane Birch and the Backstreet Boys, and a 3-night stay at the Silverado Resort (1-bedroom suite), but will not include airfare. Fan Aloft Hotelson Facebook now at http://bit.ly/9vxB29 to score an all-access weekend pass to Live in the Vineyard!

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Mar 30, 2010, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
It looks as if Aloft Hotels & Live in the Vineyard have 2 more pairs of tickets to this event to give away on the Aloft Hotel's Facebook page this week!

Note: This newest round of tickets still include access to intimate acoustic performances from today's hottest pop superstars and emerging artists, such as Train, VV Brown, Tonic, Diane Birch and the Backstreet Boys, and a 3-night stay at the Silverado Resort (1-bedroom suite), but will not include airfare. Fan Aloft Hotelson Facebook now at http://bit.ly/9vxB29 to score an all-access weekend pass to Live in the Vineyard!

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
thanks for the heads up on this one. . .need to watch for a question to be posted between 3/31/10 and 4/2/10 and be the first to answer.

On that last contest I was refreshing all morning and was on when the question posted, wasn't first to answer but pretty close

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.