Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Westin Dublin-Westin Palace Madrid - comp breakfast for plats??

Old Mar 10, 2010, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Staying at both of these on award stay in May, do either offer breakfast for Platinum guest?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 1:28 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Cant comment on Madrid, bur stayed at the Westin Dublin a few weeks back and no breakfast I am afraid!

On the plus we really enjoyed the stay and found the hotel to be very nice and all the staff very helpful and welcoming. We didnt have breakfast in the hotel at all but ate in the bar one night which was very good.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 1:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
No and no to free breakfast. Breakfast costs at both are relatively expensive too.

However both are great properties to stay at and subject to availability, they both try to look after Platinum guests with good upgrades.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 7:43 am

Programs: DL Silver, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred
I think breakfast at the Westin Palace was approx 40+ Euros when I was there last September...which is why we walked up the street to the Museo de Jamon and got breakfast for 2 Euros.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
There is also a VIPS restaurant attached to the Palace Hotel. It is a one-stop shop- liquor store, gift shop and chain food restaurant. I ate breakfast there and thought it was very reasonable and the food was okay.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 10:35 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Im afraid to say there is also is a Starbucks around the corner of the entrance to the Westin Madrid.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:17 am

They do not comp Breakfast (afaik) at the Palace, however, many of the rates have breakfast included. I am currently in Barcelona after a wonderful stay at the Palace and would highly recommend the hotel because the staff is wonderful.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:44 pm
In memoriam

When we were at the Palace a couple of years ago (for a great ten day stay on dollars and points) I asked to be put on the club floor and was told they didn't really have one.

However, the top two floors have a little lobby with an espresso machine and free Herald Trib and other papers on the table. Nothing to eat, but the coffee was excellent. They close it up at 11 am sharp.

There is a Starbucks with lots of outdoor seating in the building and many excellent Spanish cafes within a few blocks. I like the one called Brujas (witches) de Argentina which had free wifi and a very friendly crew.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.