Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Bed Owners - How is it holding up?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Hyatt Diamond
Bought a King Plush during Thanksgiving sale. Had it delivered a month ago. WORST. PURCHASE. EVER.

First few days it smelled musty; now, it's causing the whole room to have a chemical smell, causing headaches, burning throat, and breathing issues. It's 30 degrees in Chicago, and I've had all the windows open to try to help get rid of the smell.

Of course, no returns or exchanges on sale items. Sooo wished I'd gone with something local and with a return policy (never occurred to me that I'd be allergic to the darn thing).
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CubsGirl
Bought a King Plush during Thanksgiving sale. Had it delivered a month ago. WORST. PURCHASE. EVER.

First few days it smelled musty; now, it's causing the whole room to have a chemical smell, causing headaches, burning throat, and breathing issues. It's 30 degrees in Chicago, and I've had all the windows open to try to help get rid of the smell.

Of course, no returns or exchanges on sale items. Sooo wished I'd gone with something local and with a return policy (never occurred to me that I'd be allergic to the darn thing).
I've had that problem with a previous mattress purchase. I bet the mattress became wet during transit. That was our problem and it was the same "symptoms". Luckily, the retailer exchanged it.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 11:16 am

W Hotels confirmed that they changed how this bed is made.

This is the 4th Plush Top W Bed I have purchsed starting in 2006. I purchased a second one in 2009. both of these beds were great. In 2013 I purchased one for my son. He complained that it developed an impression where he slept. I purchased another identical bed in 2014 for our 2nd home. After sleeping in this 4th bed for a month, both my wife and I found it to be way too spongy. I subsequently examined my son's bed and it is the same spongy softness. So, sometime between 2009 and 2013, the company made a huge change to this bed. Since the firmness of the bed is not warranted, I am left with having to buy a replacement someplace else. IMHO, these beds are totally unacceptable and I would not recommend anyone purchase them. I called W-hotels and complained. They confirmed that the two years ago the changed the "specification", and they won't give me my money back. I don't know for a fact, but I can't imagine that they actually use such an uncomfortable bed in commercial hotels.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 5:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by gotbump
. . .
I called W-hotels and complained. They confirmed that the two years ago the changed the "specification", and they won't give me my money back. I don't know for a fact, but I can't imagine that they actually use such an uncomfortable bed in commercial hotels.
IMO if the bed advertised for sale is called a W Bed then it should be the same specifications as the bed in W Hotels.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:24 am

I already contacted the people at W-Hotels, and gave them dates, details, etc. on when I purchase these 4 beds. They took several days to research. when they finally got back to me, they confirmed that between the time that I purchased beds #1/2 and beds #3/4 they changed "the specification" of the bed. They declined my request for a refund. Since this clearly was not a defect (Beds #3 and #4 both have the same lack of support), a replacement would not have solved my problem.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
We purchased the W Hotels Extreme Signature Bed a year or so ago and the regular W mattress 3 years ago. They both seem to be holding up well. We purchased both on 40-50% off promos so I feel like they were a decent value too compared to other mattresses we tried. Can't really speak to the newest models, which seem to have changed according to one poster, but so far we've been really pleased with our two mattresses.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 12:45 pm

Does anyone have any recent experiences with the W Beds in terms of how they are holding up? It seems that a few years ago, they were changed (likely to be made cheaper?!) and now folks aren't as happy. Crickets lately.

Last edited by MGJ2727; Apr 5, 2016 at 12:46 pm Reason: added

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.