Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

New Benefit for Platinum Members of SPG (free internet)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Benefit for Platinum Members of SPG (free internet)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2010, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Is it free at any speed offered?

The hotel I am currently staying at offers a free very restricted version to all guests. If you want to get the higher speed you have to pay.

With this new benefit is it that the hotel has to provide at least one free option or does free mean it can be a restricted speed? If its the latter I could see some properties following the letter of the policy and offering a free reduced speed product and charging for a "high" speed product.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 6:10 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, UA 2P
When will Starwood send out an email their platinums so I can start forwarding this to all my friends?
Old Feb 23, 2010, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by amasiancrasian
When will Starwood send out an email their platinums so I can start forwarding this to all my friends?
why not just forward them the link:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...preferred.html

or

http://www.spgpromos.com/compnetacce...CESS_PROMOTION
Old Feb 23, 2010, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Great benefit for Platinums but when will SPG add a substantial benefit for Gold elite? A few extra SPG points and a (possible) 4 PM checkout isn't much value.
I agree. Half the time they nix my late checkout request so other than a few extra points there's not much in the way of benefits for us lowly golds. By no means do I think Gold should be given the same level of benefits at Platinum...but throw us a bone. Free internet access is hardly the same thing as a suite upgrade.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 7:40 pm

Programs: CX Gold SPG Platinum IHG Platinum Accor Platinum
Great to learn we finally get free internet

Just paid 30 pounds for 1 week access in Edinburgh last week...
Old Feb 23, 2010, 7:49 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Mariott Plat, HH Diam
This is terrific news!! A lot of savings in upcoming travel.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 8:31 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Cheers /Gday Mates practicing for my mornings jet lagged arrival
OT, but welcome Down Under. Let me know if you require any assistance.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 8:43 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
This is great news. Thanks!! I don't need to go to the club lounge or lobby for free internet.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 8:52 pm

Programs: Starwood and NWA Plat
Gotta admit, I was excited about this as I normally pay for it... but I just posted this in the "horrible internet" thread. I have to say, if this is what we should expect, who really cares! In MOST *wood hotels, this is the norm (not quite this bad, but close)... So, again, with this, WHO CARES! (I wish they'd give me my 15 bucks back).

Sheraton Edison: Love the quiet hotel, HATE the internet. Trying to do some work, but so frustrated!!!

Download: 0.09MB/S
Upload: 0.14MB/S
Ping Rate: 775 MS

I can't imagine it being much worse!

High Speed Internet: $14.95
Looking for a telephone cord to dial up to work: Priceless!
Old Feb 23, 2010, 9:14 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
I wanted our Flyertalk friends here in the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) forum to be among the first to hear about our newest Platinum benefit. SPG is pleased to announce that starting March 1st, Platinum members - who already enjoy the highest earned level of benefits in the program - will also be able to enjoy complimentary in-room Internet service.

Our hope is that you will find this additional benefit to be helpful in your travels. You can learn more about it at: SPG.com/compnetaccess.

Best regards,

William
Outstanding - truly outstanding. Thank you and serious props to all involved in this decision. Including you, William!
Old Feb 23, 2010, 9:35 pm

Programs: *G, SPG Plat, Accor Plat
Fantastic!

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
SPG is pleased to announce that starting March 1st, Platinum members - who already enjoy the highest earned level of benefits in the program - will also be able to enjoy complimentary in-room Internet service.
Thanks for the fantastic news William!
Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:01 am
SMR

So now if you stay at Starwood for 25 nights a year you get the same thing that you can get at the Motel 6 for Free?

SWEET!
Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:03 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by gnp001
Gotta admit, I was excited about this as I normally pay for it... but I just posted this in the "horrible internet" thread. I have to say, if this is what we should expect, who really cares! In MOST *wood hotels, this is the norm (not quite this bad, but close)... So, again, with this, WHO CARES! (I wish they'd give me my 15 bucks back).

Sheraton Edison: Love the quiet hotel, HATE the internet. Trying to do some work, but so frustrated!!!

Download: 0.09MB/S
Upload: 0.14MB/S
Ping Rate: 775 MS

I can't imagine it being much worse!

High Speed Internet: $14.95
Looking for a telephone cord to dial up to work: Priceless!
I do think dial up may be quicker lol (priceless)
Old Feb 24, 2010, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I think this is truly awesome and will cause me to move stays for both me and my company to *Wood, as well as move some of my personal stays away from the lower end brands toward the higher end.

I'm just curious though: what system changes are being implemented to prevent me from having to go to the front desk to get the charges removed after they erroneously appear on my folio? I have enough instances of having to chase the plat points and don't get me started on the upgrades...how much human intervention is required to get this waived?

I guess my bottom line question: will the presence of my spg number, which has plat status tied to it, automatically ensure these fees do not appear on the room charges?
Old Feb 24, 2010, 11:19 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by SMR
So now if you stay at Starwood for 25 nights a year you get the same thing that you can get at the Motel 6 for Free?

SWEET!
Funny.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.