Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: $100 Amazon Gift Card for 2 Westin Stays by May 13

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: $100 Amazon Gift Card for 2 Westin Stays by May 13

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2010, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Lightbulb PROMO: $100 Amazon Gift Card for 2 Westin Stays by May 13

Earn a $100 Amazon gift card after every two stays arriving Sunday - Thursday February 22 through May 13, 2010.

This offer applies only to US and Canada Westin Hotels.

Member may earn maximum 3 gift cards.

Register by April 30, 2010.

Last edited by satori; Feb 20, 2010 at 7:13 am
Old Feb 20, 2010, 6:51 am

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
Nice promo! Thx for the link satori.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 6:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
+1, great find!
Old Feb 20, 2010, 7:23 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Nice Promo!!

* Must register online at westin.com/balance by April 30, 2010, Midnight ET, be a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest® program and be 18 years of age or older to qualify. Membership in the Starwood Preferred Guest program is free; visit SPG.com or call 1-888-625-4988 to enroll.
* Member can earn one (1) Amazon.com Gift Card* with every two (2) eligible stays between February 22, 2010, and May 13, 2010.
* An earned Amazon.com Gift Card claim code with a value of US$100 will be delivered via email within four (4) weeks of completion of second stay.
* A maximum of three (3) Amazon.com Gift Cards may be awarded per member.
* An eligible stay to earn the Gift Card is defined as one or more consecutive nights within the earning dates at a Westin® hotel in the U.S. or Canada, arriving Sunday–Thursday, paying a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that occur and post to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account. Multiple rooms charged to the same member during the same stay will only count as one stay. Consecutive reservations for this offer will not be honored.
* A description of qualifying rates can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions.
* All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at SPG.com.
* Offer is applicable to individual members only and is not available to groups or Starwood employees.
* Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors.
* Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.
* To update your communication preferences or learn about our privacy practices, view our Privacy Statement on SPG.com/privacy, or call 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries to access our privacy information line.
* Starpoints, SPG, Westin and its logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.
* Void where prohibited by law.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 7:37 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
it ends a week and a half too early
Old Feb 20, 2010, 8:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Hertz PC,National EE
Hard to scam it as much because it doesn't include Friday and Saturday arrivals. Still an awesome promo. It'll make me shift some of my upcoming stays back over to SPG even though I don't love their Q1 promo.

I wonder what a "qualifying rate" is.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by astan100
Hard to scam it as much because it doesn't include Friday and Saturday arrivals. Still an awesome promo. It'll make me shift some of my upcoming stays back over to SPG even though I don't love their Q1 promo.

Why would one want/need to "scam it?"

It is what it is. If it works for folks great, if it doesn't nothing lost...

Regards
Old Feb 20, 2010, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Hertz PC,National EE
Hey, Scam...Mattress Run. You call it what you want.

I've often seen ridiculous Saturday rates, so it looks like they closed that option out for us (which seems fair on a generous offer).
Old Feb 20, 2010, 10:50 am

Programs: DL Plat/1M, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by astan100
* A description of qualifying rates can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions.

Would seem to indicate that any rate which earns starpoints is eligible for this promo.

Great find - thanks! ^^
Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Thanks OP! I would not have known about this promo had it not been for your post, as SPG doesn't send me promotional e-mails.

The Q1 promo hasn't been that interesting for me, but I have been staying at SPG hotels when I've found BRG rates. And wouldn't you know it, I have a BRG stay coming up at the WESTIN Michigan Ave in Chicago! Excellent! ^ ^
Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: AA CK, Marriott LT Ti, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Thanks for the heads up! My current Westin doesn't qualify for Q1 promo so it is nice to see another one
Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:26 am

Programs: SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Gold; UA 1K
Hmm it says "This offer is valid for Starwood Preferred Guest members on new bookings." - does it mean I have to cancel my current reservations and book new ones?
Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium; UA Silver
Thanks for the heads up and the link.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: AA CK, Marriott LT Ti, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tinytina
Hmm it says "This offer is valid for Starwood Preferred Guest members on new bookings." - does it mean I have to cancel my current reservations and book new ones?
Good question, I didn't see that part. I would imagine it means it wouldn't qualify for someone who is doing extended stay perhaps??? Anyone that can give clarification on this?
Old Feb 20, 2010, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
Staying at a Westin this Sunday, but it looks like the promo only starts on Monday! Oh well..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.