Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aloft bed: is there a brand standard?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2010, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Question aloft bed: is there a brand standard?

I was under the impression that aloft is supposed to have W bed till my recent stay at one of them. It's no where as comfy as the W bed I have at home neither the bedding or mattress. So I looked up the label and it says Housekeeper's Choice. WTH? I know Element has the heavenly bed. Isn't aloft supposed to have W bed? Otherwise, how is that consistent with Starwood's bed strategy? I'm not gonna stay at another aloft till they get the bed right.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by jimmychang
I was under the impression that aloft is supposed to have W bed till my recent stay at one of them. It's no where as comfy as the W bed I have at home neither the bedding or mattress. So I looked up the label and it says Housekeeper's Choice. WTH? I know Element has the heavenly bed. Isn't aloft supposed to have W bed? Otherwise, how is that consistent with Starwood's bed strategy? I'm not gonna stay at another aloft till they get the bed right.
Is this your "assumption"? You could have read about whats include by going to the brands website, right?

The only information I see is that the Aloft bedding is that each room has a "signature aloft bed". I see nothing about a W Bed in the Alfoft hotels. The question is, what is an Aloft signature bed??

This is what I see for Aloft: www.explorealofthotels.com

In regard to Element properties, it's brand website states the bedding is the Westin Heavenly bed.

bed
Relax and rejuvenate in the signature Westin Heavenly® Bed. After a great night’s sleep, you will be prepared to take on the challenges tomorrow holds.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 3:39 pm

I wasn't under the impression that the aloft bed was anything comparable to the W bed, or any other named bedding for that matter. Do you remember where you might've read that? All that aside, count me as a +1 regarding the comfort of the aloft bed. It's a soft mattress on a platform. No feather top, no extra support. When you factor in the a/c or heat that blows directly onto the bed area , alofts & aloft beds are pretty much excluded from all my future bookings...
Old Feb 15, 2010, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, that was my assumption without actually checking the brand website. But one would assume "aloft by W" would capture the essentials of Starwood signature features - a good bed. Admittedly, Fourpoints doesn't have Sweet Sleeper bed, either but really Fourpoints and Sheraton are nothing alike.

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
[COLOR="Sienna"]

Is this your "assumption"? You could have read about whats include by going to the brands website, right?
Old Feb 15, 2010, 4:24 pm
Suspended

Yeah, that was my assumption without actually checking the brand website. But one would assume "aloft by W" would capture the essentials of Starwood signature features - a good bed. Admittedly, Fourpoints doesn't have Sweet Sleeper bed, either but really Fourpoints and Sheraton are nothing alike.
I dont agree. The aloft is a "vision" of the W, but based on your answer were both playing the semantics game.

Hence my question above. What exactly is an Aloft signature bed??

Dynamic Duo, can one of you answer that?
Old Feb 15, 2010, 11:59 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC

In regard to Element properties, it's brand website states the bedding is the Westin Heavenly bed.

I'm hard pressed to believe that they are Heavenly beds... the bedding at the four Alofts I've stayed at were nothing like that...
Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Peatisback
I'm hard pressed to believe that they are Heavenly beds... the bedding at the four Alofts I've stayed at were nothing like that...
He was refering to Element not aloft. I think it's a big mistake for Starwood not having a decent bed in aloft. Hyatt Place gets the same Grand Bed as the full service Hyatt.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 3:12 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
I've stayed at the Aloft Rancho Cucamonga. Found the bed very comfy and have slept great but for $69 a night, I'm not expecting the W or Westin either.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 9:43 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
He was refering to Element not aloft. I think it's a big mistake for Starwood not having a decent bed in aloft. Hyatt Place gets the same Grand Bed as the full service Hyatt.
Oops my bad.... I'll have to try out Element next time.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 10:43 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
...Hence my question above. What exactly is an Aloft signature bed??

Dynamic Duo, can one of you answer that?
It contains these elements as part of brand standards:

Aloft r&r platform mattress (no specific brand mentioned)
One (1) mattress pad
Three (3) sheets
One (1) duvet insert
Two (2) hypoallergenic pillow and case per king size bed
One (1) hypoallergenic pillow and case per double queen size bed and one (1) duck down chamber pillow and case per double queen size bed
Two (2) bolster pillows per king size bed
One (1) bolster pillow per queen sized bed

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Feb 16, 2010, 10:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
It contains these elements as part of brand standards:

Aloft r&r platform mattress (no specific brand mentioned)
One (1) mattress pad
Three (3) sheets
One (1) duvet insert
Two (2) hypoallergenic pillow and case per king size bed
One (1) hypoallergenic pillow and case per double queen size bed and one (1) duck down chamber pillow and case per double queen size bed
Two (2) bolster pillows per king size bed
One (1) bolster pillow per queen sized bed

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Thanks!!
Old Aug 7, 2015, 9:25 pm

My guess is that what you read was the label for the mattress pad not the mattress. Sysco Guest Supply makes a Housekeepers Choice Mattress Pads 9.5 oz Flat, Anchor Bands or Fitted Skirt 100% Polyester

https://www.guestsupply.com/Linens/c...=2062&Inv=9812
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:12 pm

A question related to the aloft brand standard, but not specifically to the platform bed. I enquired about a rollaway bed in one of the alofts, and was informed that it is an global brand standard that no extra beds are allowed in the guest rooms, even if there is space for one.

Would anyone or @Starwood Lurker be able to explain the rationale behind this unusual brand standard?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
The platform bed that is brand standard for Aloft is a deal breaker for me. I never understood what a difference a box spring could make in the sleep experience until I slept on a bed without one. I really wanted to like the Aloft brand but any hotel without a mattress set is now a no go for me.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
All very interesting. I have slept more than 60 nights at the UK's Aloft Excel and Aloft Liverpool. Both have very comfortable beds. My wife really looks forward to the occasional nights that she joins me at either. That said, I think I prefer the Sheraton bed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.