Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

W Montreal, Quebec 2003 - 2006 [Master Thread]

W Montreal, Quebec 2003 - 2006 [Master Thread]

Old Mar 5, 03, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Arrow W Montreal, Quebec 2003 - 2006 [Master Thread]

Great news. There will be a W in Montreal (first in Canada) to open late summer/autumn in old Montreal area. This is great news!
Old Mar 13, 04, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Address is : 901 Victoria Square
Opening: 15th May 2004

Details:

http://www.starwood.com/whotels/sear...D=1471&back=-2

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 3, 04, 12:23 pm

Any idea on when I can book online for reservations? Going to be in Montreal September 15- 20th and want to book ASAP.

And are those rates still looking like $400CDN a night??
Old Jun 4, 04, 2:43 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Should be within a month. Opening around mid-august
Old Jun 6, 04, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Thumbs up

Would be great to go home on my birthday and booked a room at the W! Call me crazy but I think staying in a hotel on your birthday in your hometown is cool! ^ Fingers crossed for the mid-August opening!
Old Jul 20, 04, 6:19 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Their actual target is around Sept 15th.
They are actually booking groups for October so I guess it will be possible to reserve individual rooms there in 3-4 weeks from now.
Old Jul 21, 04, 7:42 am

I was up in Montreal on the weekend and walked by it - still much to do and my guess would be the end of Sept/04. I was expecting something much older as I heard it was the former Bank of Canada building - however it is the 1964 Bank of Canada building and the exterior looked kind of bland.

Montreal is a great city and this will be a welcome *wood property. I'm also expecting some great room rates as even Montreal hotel rates are on the low side.
Old Jul 28, 04, 2:24 pm

Update....
On the W Montreal website there's an email address contact for their sales office. I emailed them to see if there was any update and here's the reponse I received.

Thank you for your interest in the W Montréal, We do not have a specific date of the open at the present time.
We are looking at Mid-September.

Our reservation system will be working in 2 weeks. We will then have more information.
Old Aug 9, 04, 11:36 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Received this announcement today via email.

The 128 room W Montreal, located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, is now part of Starwood Hotels and Resorts. The hotel is accepting reservations as of today, August 9, 2004, for an opening date of October 4, 2004.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Sep 30, 04, 10:29 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
The opening is pushed back again to October 8th.

I was in the lobby of the hotel today.... Really great vibe and get style. Rooms are special too. Bathroom open up into the bedroom in a Mega catagory, only a curtain to seperate. Wonderful rooms have showers and tempered blue glass facing into the bedroom. The common areas (hallways, meeting rooms and whatnot) look great too.

F+B will be run by some of the best operators in Montreal.

Check this place out ASAP if you travel to Montreal.
Old Oct 13, 04, 11:25 am
ABG

Pushed back again.... 15 October now.
Old Oct 13, 04, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by vivrant
I've got nights booked there in Feb. '05. Can't wait to get some reviews of this place!
hopefully, it will be open by then.
Old Oct 13, 04, 6:14 pm

Programs: AC.E, SPG.P, FPC.Plt, HH.G
Originally Posted by vivrant
I've got nights booked there in Feb. '05. Can't wait to get some reviews of this place!
You might want to check your reservation. I had recently booked a night on Oct.16th for a $269 CDN 'Welcome Package' rate, (which by the way included triple SPG points + cocktails and gift) but had to cancel. When I went on SPG.com to cancel, I noticed my rate had changed to $329. I had to bring up my e-mail confirmation just to verify I did book it at $269. Right after, I checked my April booking for the W and saw my rate was again changed, this time from $319CDN to $649USD. Not sure what's going on, but I'll deal with this later.

Last edited by YYZ_PPT; Oct 13, 04 at 6:30 pm
Old Oct 13, 04, 6:42 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott Plat, AA Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by YYZ_PPT
You might want to check your reservation. I had recently booked a night on Oct.16th for a $269 CDN 'Welcome Package' rate, (which by the way included triple SPG points + cocktails and gift) but had to cancel. When I went on SPG.com to cancel, I noticed my rate had changed to $329. I had to bring up my e-mail confirmation just to verify I did book it at $269. Right after, I checked my April booking for the W and saw my rate was again changed, this time from $319CDN to $649USD. Not sure what's going on, but I'll deal with this later.
No worries here - I'm staying using my free weekend nights
Old Oct 13, 04, 8:18 pm

I had the same problem with a reservation in November. First I had a rate in CADs. Then it changed to the same amount in USD. I called and they tried to change it back to CADs and when I went online it went even higher in USD's.

A few days ago I checked rates again and saw new CAD rates. So, I cancelled the old reservation and made a new one.

We'll see if they stay in CAD's.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: