Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

W Montreal, Quebec 2003 - 2006 [Master Thread]

W Montreal, Quebec 2003 - 2006 [Master Thread]

Old May 9, 2006, 3:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
For those who knew her, Isabel Fagnan, the General Manager of this hotel left. Not sure who the new GM of this hotel is now, but she was a great GM and had very high standards for customer service. I hope the transition to a new GM upholds those standards and improves on areas where the hotel is currently lacking.
Old May 9, 2006, 6:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, AC E50K
I got an upgrade, loved the room once I found it. Its a little too dark for me in the elevators as I tripped over several people during my stay who were trying to simply find their floors to press. The bar was happening but at my age, I wouldn't know any better. Breakfast was a little too much and slow..slow...slow.. I guess they didn't expect the 9 people who showed up that morning.

But comfort wise and room decor, I would put this hotel at right up there with the best.
Old May 9, 2006, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by maxxmaxx
I got an upgrade, loved the room once I found it.
Really? to a suite? I think the last couple of posts were specifically remarking about this hotel having a policy to NOT upgrade Platinums to suites.
Old May 10, 2006, 10:17 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by vivrant
Really? to a suite? I think the last couple of posts were specifically remarking about this hotel having a policy to NOT upgrade Platinums to suites.
Which tells me there is probably some confusion with select individuals in the front desk staff at this hotel. Training opportunity, no doubt.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old May 10, 2006, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by sam33
Sure. I stayed one night Feb.22-23, my # is *********, and now that I check my account, I don't think I was credited the 500-amenity points either !
Thanks in advance :-)
Thanks, but you might want to delete your account number. And, thanks for giving us the opportunity to address this with the hotel.

Just as an FYI, the Platinum amenity points for this stay were reported missing to us by you on March 6th and were posted to your account on March 10th.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old May 10, 2006, 4:38 pm

Hey William, I check in on May 21st. Just out curiousity, do you know what suites are standard select (i.e. Urban) and how many the hotel has?

I'll report back on how it goes! =)
Old May 10, 2006, 4:46 pm

Hey William, I check in on May 21st. Just out curiousity, do you know what suites are standard select (i.e. Urban) and how many the hotel has?

I'll report back on how it goes! =)
21 Urban Suites with king beds are standard suites, according to what I can see here. 3 of these are smoking preference rooms; the other 18 are non-smoking preference.

Yes. It will be interesting to see if there are any changes between your experience and sam33's.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old May 10, 2006, 6:17 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Was there in February and was specifically told at check-in that PLT were not upgraded to suites in that Hotel. It was late and did not want to argue too much but realize that I should have followed-up on this. Details of the stay can be supplied if needed.
Old May 14, 2006, 5:21 pm

Programs: *Wood Gold, Hyatt Plat, AA Gold, UA 1K
W in August!

Thanks to the OP - looking forward to our upcoming experience in August for Montreal Pride. As a *wood Plat - hopefully we will be upgraded to a suite.

I am glad to know that they are party friendly and open....

cheers!
Old May 29, 2006, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Yes. It will be interesting to see if there are any changes between your experience and sam33's.
Hi William! Well, just wanted to report back on my experience. I checked in today and was told that Urban Suites are NOT available for Platinum upgrade. They insisted that their Mega rooms are comparable to any standard suite at any other Starwood hotel. This was explained to me by the front desk agent, the hotel Whatever/Whenever operator and the manager on duty.

Just out of curiosity, were you able to follow up on this issue a few weeks back? Any word on what transpired. FWIW, I hoped up my own case with Customer Service which I would gladly PM you if needed. I honestly hate doing this when I'm still at the hotel (gives me that uneasy feeling like when you complain at a restaurant before they serve your food).
Old May 30, 2006, 9:03 pm

FWIW, I hoped up my own case with Customer Service which I would gladly PM you if needed. I honestly hate doing this when I'm still at the hotel (gives me that uneasy feeling like when you complain at a restaurant before they serve your food).
Just to bump my own post - I got back to my room today about 10pm from work and saw the message indicator was lit. Had a VM from both the day manager and evening manager saying they had a corner Urban Suite on hold for me and to call down when I am ready to switch rooms.

My initial reaction was to ask what the problem was in the first place to which I was told that since they opened they have always been instructed to give Mega Rooms, not Urban Suites to Platinums as upgrades. The manager said something to the effect of Mega Rooms being marked as 'SS' in their system which they took to mean Standard Suites. He went on to say that they have now revised their procedures and will let it be known that Platinums should be upgraded to suites when available. We'll see (I check out this Friday and back in again on Sunday).
Old May 30, 2006, 11:11 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
It's always nice to see an incorrect policy get looked into, corrected (retrained) and see an FTer report that they've actually been informed of new "policy". ^
Old May 31, 2006, 8:51 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Good one! I was in the lobby of the hotel last night vivrant... I hope the french swear words I heard were not directed toward you!
Old Jun 6, 2006, 1:19 pm

I spent a weekend at the W Montreal last month on the cash+points offer. We were upgraded to an Urban Suite on the 4th floor. At check-in the agent hinted to me that they usually try to upgrade SPG stays (I'm not a Plat or even Gold, yet), but in this case there were no Mega rooms left so we were lucky enough to be given a suite instead.

As a sidenote, just after checking in, their elevator decided to "crash", locking us and another couple inside for ~30 minutes. While noone likes to be stuck in an elevator, the situation was promptly and professionally handled by the staff. Josh, the duty manager, made sure that we were adequately compensated and called us later to apologise again and make sure that we were happy with our stay. We were credited with 10k SPG points and offered some free room service, which I was quite happy with.

The suite itself was great but I'm sure I would have been just as happy with a "Mega" room. It was large but I felt the space is not really utiltized all that well, with a large TV and one "long" sofa (funky, but not particularly practical/comfortable) placed in the centre of the room. It would be more of a real suite experience if it had a real sitting area, and the old style, non-flat TV didn't seem to fit in with the otherwise uber-modern, techie style of the place.

Still, we had a fantastic stay - its easily the best W experience of the several I have stayed at. Cool vibe, great staff, great location.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 8:35 am

W Montreal

We are talking a short weekend trip to Montreal and can't decide between W and St. Paul Hotel. For those who've stayed there, could you please share some comments? W is supposedly 'close' to Old Town, while St. Paul is IN Old Town.

Also, is this W good with Platinum recognitions? It'd be nice to have a suite upgrade, otherwise, we're leaning towards St. Paul.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.