Promo ZBT: Better Tomorrows = Worse Todays?

Old Jan 18, 2010, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
Promo ZBT: Better Tomorrows = Worse Todays?

I saw the ad under the W Vieques Island that you can use code ZBT for "better tomorrows" - which is getting every second night at 50% off. So I put in as a test 10/11/2010 and four nights. Without any code, the lowest priced room came up as $209/night. After putting in the ZBT promo code, my base rate jumped up to $259/night. While you do save money, it is not exactly working as advertised - the total price is $777 instead of the $627 I was expecting had it used the same base rate. The Platinum concierge was unable to explain to me the logic here. Any ideas?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by quinella66
I saw the ad under the W Vieques Island that you can use code ZBT for "better tomorrows" - which is getting every second night at 50% off. So I put in as a test 10/11/2010 and four nights. Without any code, the lowest priced room came up as $209/night. After putting in the ZBT promo code, my base rate jumped up to $259/night. While you do save money, it is not exactly working as advertised - the total price is $777 instead of the $627 I was expecting had it used the same base rate. The Platinum concierge was unable to explain to me the logic here. Any ideas?
I just duplicated your result. ZBT is supposed to be 50% off the property's Best Available unrestricted rate. That rate is $209/night. It appears the rate for ZBT for the dates you requested are not in agreement with the Terms of the ZBT rate.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E25, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Delta Skymiles Silver, HHonors Gold, Nexus
To prove what controller1 said... I should be staying at the W Hoboken in a Wonderful room, which has an advance purchase rate of $208.10 per night, for two nights. with the ZBT promotion, I will pay $229 for the first night, and $114 for the second, for a total of $343 (as opposed to the total of $416.20 using the advance purchase rate.)
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:44 pm

I had the same for the W in Santiago. Which was excellent by the way. Used the 2nd night save your age promo instead as base was much lower (269$ vs high 300s for ZBT vs 295 advance purchase). Worked out as $400 for the 2 nights.
Was very happy and thanks to gold status (from a plat fter, many thanks!) got a 2 level upgrade from wonderful to cool corner.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E25, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Delta Skymiles Silver, HHonors Gold, Nexus
Originally Posted by polochick
I had the same for the W in Santiago. Which was excellent by the way. Used the 2nd night save your age promo instead as base was much lower (269$ vs high 300s for ZBT vs 295 advance purchase). Worked out as $400 for the 2 nights.
Was very happy and thanks to gold status (from a plat fter, many thanks!) got a 2 level upgrade from wonderful to cool corner.
That's the exact upgrade I'm hoping to score in Hoboken this March! Hoping to sucker the desk in to giving me an upgrade if rooms are open, since it's my grandmother's 69th birthday. lol
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
I just double-checked using the ZBT rate for a property where I regularly stay. For the dates chosen (4 nights), the Best Available Rate (unrestricted) is $139/night. When I use the ZBT rate code, the rate for the 1st and 3rd nights is $139/night and the rate for the 2nd and 4th nights is $69/night. Exactly as I expected and in agreement with the ZBT Terms for this property.

By the way, the ZBT Terms may differ for each property. For example, in the reservation above, arrival must be Thursday - Saturday. So please be sure and check the ZBT Terms before making the reservation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.