Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Barra C&P Mandatory Prepayment?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2010, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Well, this is the response I got today from Sheraton Barra:
First of all we would like to thank you for contact Sheraton Barra Hotel & Suites.

I would like to clarify that for Special Events, like New Year and Carnival, all reservation are fully pre paid.

And for that reason, we asked you the back and front copy from your credit card and the authorization form signed, in order to pre pay the reservation.

Please, note that the charge is mandatory for all reservations from Carnival period, if you prefer to be charge on another credit card, please, just send us the information from the card you may prefer.

Once again we would like to thank you for taking your time to give us your feedback. Please feel free to contact me for any additional information that you may need.

We look forward hearing from you at your earliest convenience.
Apparently they are going to stick to requiring a payment even though Corporate Cust Service said that it is not required.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:04 am

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mikelat
Yup, headed down next weekend to scout things out a bit and then back for Carnival.

The Sheraton Rio had opened up last week but I waited another day thinking about it and then missed it.

Looks like a number of us are going to be there on the same days. We should arrange a quick meet up esp if we're all staying at the same place.
Now that it's almost Carnaval time, has there been any further discussion of meeting up? I'm at the Sheraton Rio tonight and am moving to the Sheraton Barra tomorrow night. I'm planning to be there through Tuesday. I'd love to meet other FT'ers there. Perhaps sometime early Saturday evening?

Regarding the original thread topic, the Sheraton Barra sent a follow-up email out saying prepayment was not necessary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.