Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

What are Los Angeles Hotel Parking Rates, LAX and downtown?

Old Jan 6, 10, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt, Hertz President's Circle, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold

Hello my friends,
I am investigating two stays in the Los Angeles area. The first would be near LAX and the second in the downtown LA area. I was wondering if there were any list of parking rates at different properties. It is difficult to judge value when a key part of the equation is missing. Do any LAX properties offer free parking? Do any downtown LA hotels offer parking deals? Many thanks
Rupesh

PS: Specifically looking at 4pts vs Westin LAX and Westin Bonaventure vs Sheraton Downtown in LA.

Last edited by family friend; Jan 6, 10 at 9:00 am
Old Jan 6, 10, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt, AA, HH Gold, $tarbucks Titanium
LAX hotels are in the $15 range and I can't speak for Sheraton Downtown, but the Bonaventure is a whopping $35. Of course there are 3rd party lots near LAX and Downtown hotels that charge less.

Sheraton LAX has a lot behind it and on each side that can be closer to $11.
Old Jan 6, 10, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney View Post
LAX hotels are in the $15 range and I can't speak for Sheraton Downtown, but the Bonaventure is a whopping $35. Of course there are 3rd party lots near LAX and Downtown hotels that charge less.

Sheraton LAX has a lot behind it and on each side that can be closer to $11.
The Gateway is valet only (not sure how much they charge now) - self parking is in the airport parking lot behind the hotel, but it's a decent walk, especially if the front of the lot is full and you're hauling bags.

That lot charges hotel guests $13.41 w/tax for self-parking, including in/out. If you just park/lock and don't take out your car, you can sometimes lie that you're airport parking and pay the $11.91 rate (no in/out)...depends on how swift your cashier is.
Old Jan 6, 10, 2:06 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Be careful with self-parking at the Sheraton Gateway as the pass is only valid until a certain time and if you have a late checkout then you will have to pay for extra usage of the lot.
Old Jan 6, 10, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, WN A-list, AS MVP 75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Valet at the Gateway is $21 + tax/night. I always park at the private lot just west of the Gateway, it's about $11 and an easier walk to the front door than the Gateway self-park.

Four Points LAX recently raised their self-park from $14 to $16.

Westin LAX is $22.80/night self, $30.30/night valet.
Old Jan 7, 10, 2:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA Gold/MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist
Westin Bonaventure occasionally offer a parking inclusive package at $125 a night - look for the link on the hotel's special offer page. They only offer valet parking.

I believe Sheraton Downtown LA charges $28/day self-park, more for valet.
Old Jan 7, 10, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS MVP, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
If I am not mistaken, parking rates for each hotel is listed on its own page.

That said, re Gateway: I recently parked on the street behind the hotel with no problem (98th St.). Must observe the hours posted. For four nights I did that.
Old Jan 22, 10, 1:07 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
From what I managed to research on, the few properties in LA area that provide FREE parking are :

Sheraton Cerritos
Sheraton Ontario Airport
Sheraton Suites Fairplex
aLoft Ontario Airport
Four Point Ontario Airport
Old Jun 22, 11, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by meremale View Post
From what I managed to research on, the few properties in LA area that provide FREE parking are :

Sheraton Cerritos
Sheraton Ontario Airport
Sheraton Suites Fairplex
aLoft Ontario Airport
Four Point Ontario Airport
The Sheraton Suites Fairplex is usually free, but there is a parking charge in Sep when the LA Fair is going on next door.

Sheraton Garden Grove on some weekdays has a $114 Anaheim Escape Package rate which includes parking and is cancellable until 6 pm day of stay. This rate is usually either better or within $3 of all other rates open to most.

Additionally at least the following properties in the LA area have free street parking within a few easily walkable blocks for overnight, plus on weekends and during some weekdays (limited at most only by a ban on parking during one day of the week for street cleaning):

Four Points LAX Airport
Sheraton Garden Grove (street cleaning 2nd & 4th Thu of each month starting at 8 am)
Old Jun 22, 11, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT; SPG PLT
For LAX-nearish-adjacent I use the Four Points Culver City. Parking is $10.
Old Jun 22, 11, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Street parking is free, adjacent to the LAX Sheraton and 4 Points. Just read the signs.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: