Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Year-end 2009 gift from SPG: Limited-edition luggage tags

Year-end 2009 gift from SPG: Limited-edition luggage tags

Old Dec 15, 09, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Got the email and I'm very thankful for this Christmas gift. Thanks SPG!!!
Old Dec 15, 09, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt, AA, HH Gold, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by DCFlyer0306 View Post
I appreciate the gift and look forward to receiving the tags but really hope this does not replace the free night or similar gift in 2010
+ 1
Old Dec 15, 09, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA GS MM, DL Plat, Mariott LT Plat/Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
I too am hoping for a free night as well as the tags. Here's hoping Thanks for the early Christmas present, SPG.

Last edited by EWRFlyerAL; Dec 16, 09 at 3:59 pm
Old Dec 15, 09, 11:05 pm

Platinum Members: A Gift Awaits You as a Thank-You from SPG- Lagguage tags

Sorry. duplicate.

Last edited by ehud; Dec 16, 09 at 1:32 am
Old Dec 15, 09, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
So it appears not all Gold members are created equal -- checked with my wife's SPG number and she wasn't deemed worthy, eh, eligible. Without the Internet, this would of course never have been noticed.

Not that that we're desperate for luggage tags, but who wants to be 2nd class Gold and considered unworthy of SPGs love... so, SPG, what are the eligibility criteria?
Old Dec 16, 09, 12:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Man, I just don't get it. SPG doesn't give us something, and people bltch. SPG does give us something, and people bltch.

Last edited by CanuckFlyHigh; Dec 16, 09 at 9:18 am
Old Dec 16, 09, 12:37 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
So it appears not all Gold members are created equal -- checked with my wife's SPG number and she wasn't deemed worthy, eh, eligible. Without the Internet, this would of course never have been noticed.

Not that that we're desperate for luggage tags, but who wants to be 2nd class Gold and considered unworthy of SPGs love... so, SPG, what are the eligibility criteria?
Difficult to comment if Mrs. notquiteaff is eligible or not. For Gold members, only those who re-earned their Gold status through 2011 are eligible.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Dec 16, 09, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt, AA, HH Gold, $tarbucks Titanium
tags = Zagat = Music Sampler?

I know in the past few years SPG has given a Zagat subscription, a music sampler, etc. around this time of year. Perhaps the luggage tags are this year's version of that "gift", and fingers crossed that the Free Weekend Night gift may still be coming.

Again, a gift is a gift and anything, including the thought, from SPG is appreciated. ^
Old Dec 16, 09, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I very much appreciate the fact that these can be sent anywhere in the world without regard to our official address with Starwood. That shows real understanding and creativity. ^
Old Dec 16, 09, 2:42 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker View Post
The mailing address on your account has been noted to be "undeliverable", which means that SPG tried to send you a mail to this address and it was returned. You have also opted out of receiving emails from SPG as well, so you might want to fix these two things if you want to get communications like this one from SPG.
Well - my email address in my account is definitely not undeliverable, as I receive reservation confirmations all the time - the last one yesterday. Additionally, I do not have opted out for receiving SPG emails - I get offers from SPG quite regularly.

However, I don't get the Platinum gifts offers - neither this year nor last year.

I read about the Platinum gift last year here at FT, registered with the link provided here and got my free night gift. I registered for the new gift a few minutes ago - we'll see what happens.

Nevertheless, I still wonder why I don't get these offers. Does it depend on your citizenship? I am not a US resident.
Old Dec 16, 09, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
looking forward to getting the tags....very nice touch from spg....
Old Dec 16, 09, 4:40 am

No email...but followed the link. Those luggage tags are winging there way to Indonesia as we speak. Don't know how they'll look on backpack, however
Old Dec 16, 09, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFWP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Breston View Post
I am not a US resident.
Nor am I. The thread starter (i.e. me ) received the e-mail despite having an Australian address on-file with SPG.

Cheers,
- Febs.
Old Dec 16, 09, 5:52 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA LTPlat; Marriott Titanium (LTP); Hilton Dia; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Thanks Starwood!
Old Dec 16, 09, 6:13 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh View Post
Man, I just don't get it. SPG doesn't give us something, and people bltch. SPG doesn't give us something, and people bltch.
+1

Search this Thread
Search Engine: