Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Year-end 2009 gift from SPG: Limited-edition luggage tags

Year-end 2009 gift from SPG: Limited-edition luggage tags

Old Dec 15, 09, 4:49 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by 1K_From_SNA View Post
I never got the email either and requalified as Plat a long time ago. But the link worked so my gift is on the way.
Same here as above - however, I went from nada to PLT this year.

Thank you everyone for posting the link.

Last edited by freeupgrade; Dec 15, 09 at 5:29 pm Reason: i really messed up
Old Dec 15, 09, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA-G, B6, DL, SW, SPG-P, AGR-S
Originally Posted by doodiedan View Post
Seriously - until Friday? Luckily I was sitting at my computer when the email popped up.
Oddly enough, while my email said the deadline was Friday noon, the Terms & Conditions say earlier:

"Eligible Starwood Preferred Guest® Elite members are able to receive one set of two (2) limited-edition SPG® luggage tags upon providing a valid shipping address. All eligible members have until December 17, 2009, 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time to provide a shipping address."
Old Dec 15, 09, 5:00 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by freeupgrade View Post
...Starwood - for not sending all PLTs the email. Really tacky.
The mailing address on your account has been noted to be "undeliverable", which means that SPG tried to send you a mail to this address and it was returned. You have also opted out of receiving emails from SPG as well, so you might want to fix these two things if you want to get communications like this one from SPG.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Dec 15, 09 at 5:16 pm
Old Dec 15, 09, 5:20 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
I'm sure these "limited edition" tags could sell for alot on ebay.
Old Dec 15, 09, 5:21 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker View Post
The mailing address on your account has been noted to be "undeliverable", which means that SPG tried to send you a mail to this address and it was returned. You have also opted out of receiving emails from SPG as well, so you might want to fix these two things if you want to get communications like this one from SPG.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Thanks. This is fascinating, because I get reservation confirmations from starwood all the time? For example, I just got an email from spg telling me that my gift is on its way...

anyway, i am going into my profile to see what's up...

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Dec 15, 09 at 7:11 pm Reason: Remove response from within quote so it can be easily read
Old Dec 15, 09, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker View Post

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
You were correct - when I looked at my profile, I was not signed up to get emails re: offers.

Starwood - Please accept my apologies....
Old Dec 15, 09, 5:31 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by freeupgrade View Post
You were correct - when I looked at my profile, I was not signed up to get emails re: offers.

Starwood - Please accept my apologies....
No worries. Most of these things end up in peoples' spam folders even when they are opted in. It was actually refreshing to find a problem that could be identified and fixed.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Dec 15, 09, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
The luggage tags from years past have been sturdy .... nice to have on my bags. I always can use a few more.

I re-qualified several months ago .... and should also get my email soon.
Old Dec 15, 09, 5:58 pm
SDK

I now at 24 stays and will have my No. 25 next week, so I guess it's really a X'mas gift and not for achieved platinum for next year.
Old Dec 15, 09, 5:59 pm

Programs: 3 million miles LIFETIME PLT AADVANTAGE/LIFETIME SPG PLT!! 25 years member /PRESIDENT'S CLUB HERTZ
Limited edition Luggage tags

Originally Posted by kitsura View Post
I'm sure these "limited edition" tags could sell for alot on ebay.
I hope it will be not the same luggage tags we got few years ago .... they were nice stainless steel and it was only 1 with and not 2 for each PLT...

And we will be able to still get a free night stay as PLT again...

2010 WILL BE MY 20 YEARS WITH SPG...
Old Dec 15, 09, 6:02 pm

Programs: 3 million miles LIFETIME PLT AADVANTAGE/LIFETIME SPG PLT!! 25 years member /PRESIDENT'S CLUB HERTZ
I am a ptl and got the same e mail same luggage tags offer

Originally Posted by grlittle View Post
I was PLT this year but will drop to Gold next year. My invite said

To celebrate your travels with us this year, we'd like you to have a set of limited-edition luggage tags as our gift to you. Take these with you on all your upcoming travels — they'll help represent you as an important part of the Starwood Preferred Guest® family.

During this holiday season, we want to take a moment to thank you for choosing SPG®. This has been an exciting year for us as we continued to expand our properties to offer you more choices in the places you like to visit. If you've stayed with Sheraton® this year, you may have experienced one of our newly renovated hotels, part of a beautiful $6 billion global transformation."
Old Dec 15, 09, 6:04 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
I still have that stainless steel tag. I quite like it. ^

Too bad there wasn't a picture of the tag we're going to get. Maybe linked in to our individualized cards?
Old Dec 15, 09, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Braindrain View Post
I still have that stainless steel tag. I quite like it. ^

Too bad there wasn't a picture of the tag we're going to get. Maybe linked in to our individualized cards?
it will cost WAY TOO MUCH $$$$ TO DO SO.....imagine all the GOLD & PLT members....

The Gold members got the same e mail... I hope it will be different colors for sure as we are PLATINUM.....members....if not it is nothing really special.... for sure as every members will get the same luggage set...
Old Dec 15, 09, 6:11 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Rushed to the see what excitement SPG was drumming up in my email this afternoon and then lo and behold lol yet another dreaded luggage tag
After 20 years of luggage tags from all programs I have drawers filled with them.Who knows it may be my next business if this economy keeps up
How about a new site for elite luggage tags where folks can bid for their favorite program tag
Old Dec 15, 09, 6:13 pm

Programs: Marriott LT-TE, United Gold
I haven't seen this email yet...hopefully it comes, could use a new tag!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: