Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Year-end 2009 gift from SPG: Limited-edition luggage tags

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Year-end 2009 gift from SPG: Limited-edition luggage tags

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2010, 6:35 pm

LOL... It's all good, just having a little fun (though I really could've done with a bit of "sunshine" today.) Honestly, even if I don't qualify, at least the announcement would silence the impetuous critics....On second thought, probably not.

Enjoy your snow free zone!

-From the guy who swore he'd never live north of Key West...[sigh]
Old Feb 21, 2010, 12:12 am

Programs: SKF, ROP, SPG, SL Golden Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriot
Originally Posted by ttrltb
After 24 hours of shoveling and "throwing" snow, ice and slush, I was hoping that there'd be a post announcing the plat gift for this year. (Sorry, I need a little ray of sunshine to supplement my sore muscles & well-earned beverage). Oh, well...

Oh, right, "they" said that the plat gift this year was just the luggage tags [he said while making a winding gesture].
No news so far, are the luggage tags platinum gift for this year?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 3:59 am

It's March now, luggage tag is the only gift I have received.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i think this is it....lets just be happy with things like free tags & free internet....
Old Mar 4, 2010, 12:36 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1K, AA EXP, Admirals Club, RCC, Avis First
Wow - sad, I've never gotten any Platinum gifts from Starwood. Been platinum since 2007.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 9:17 pm

Programs: Marriot Bonvoy
Originally Posted by SantaClaraCyms
Wow - sad, I've never gotten any Platinum gifts from Starwood. Been platinum since 2007.
Did you register for the gifts? If not, you'll not going to receive anythings
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:20 pm
Community Director Emerita

These have been the platinum gifts since 2007:
2009 - free night or $75 credit; not a 50% off award
Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:38 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1K, AA EXP, Admirals Club, RCC, Avis First
Originally Posted by angeline77
Well - that would definitely do it. I don't remember signing up for a promotion, so probably missed it. I'm usually religious about signing up for promotions, so I guess I just didn't realize that this was a promotion rather than simply a gift that came from being a member of the program.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:44 pm

Programs: QF,VS,SQ,SPG,IC
Well - that would definitely do it. I don't remember signing up for a promotion, so probably missed it. I'm usually religious about signing up for promotions, so I guess I just didn't realize that this was a promotion rather than simply a gift that came from being a member of the program.
Have you checked your SPG profile to make sure everything is ticked to receive emails? From memory, I think I got emails about gifts.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 12:12 am

Has anyone receive any platinum gift other than the luggage tags?
Old Mar 5, 2010, 12:36 am

Programs: QF,VS,SQ,SPG,IC
Originally Posted by Dendrite
Has anyone receive any platinum gift other than the luggage tags?
I think I can say with confidence, no. I'm sure it would be posted on FT if anyone had.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 1:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by angeline77
Hah, which year did you have to register to receive a gift ?

One reason why some did not receive a gift was that they did not requalify but became platinum for the first time, did not meet the criteria for requalification but was granted status for another year etc etc
Old Mar 5, 2010, 1:55 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by mario33
Hah, which year did you have to register to receive a gift ?
Well for one, this year's luggage tags had to be registered for.

One reason why some did not receive a gift was that they did not requalify but became platinum for the first time, did not meet the criteria for requalification but was granted status for another year etc etc
I do not think this is right. I was status matched to platinum in November 2008, only did 24 stays by year end, and still received the free night award in 2009.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 3:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
I was status matched to platinum in November 2008, only did 24 stays by year end, and still received the free night award in 2009.
The double stay promo probably pushed you beyond the 25 stays requirement, or they gave it to you since you are only one stay short of requalification.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 3:53 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by mario33
The double stay promo probably pushed you beyond the 25 stays requirement, or they gave it to you since you are only one stay short of requalification.
I was not eligible for a double stay promotion, however, you may be right as 24 stays in two months is not a bad indicator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.