Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Year-end 2009 gift from SPG: Limited-edition luggage tags

Year-end 2009 gift from SPG: Limited-edition luggage tags

Old Dec 15, 09, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL GM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tkyoshi View Post
Though they sure don't give you a lot of time to submit your info.
Seriously - until Friday? Luckily I was sitting at my computer when the email popped up.
Old Dec 15, 09, 4:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Mine was first
Old Dec 15, 09, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz Five-Star, VIA Premier
Originally Posted by gowarty View Post
I didn't get the email, could someone publish the link so we can register? Thanks.
http://www.spgpromos.com/TagGift/ind...=YEG09_PLAT_US

Programs: AA 2 MM Plt, *wood Plt
Originally Posted by Febs2 View Post
A nice little bonus. I wonder if this is because I re-qualified for Platinum yesterday, or if it's just coincidental timing?
I think coincidental. I received the email also for PLT, which I am in 2009. But I'm still one stay short of requilifing for PLT for 2010. (That stay will occur within the next week - thank you Starpicks for the Westin Boston Waterfront @ 109!)
iwc

I got the email, responded, however confirming email is blank. huh? Header reads "Your SPG Gift Is on the Way" in the subject line.
Old Dec 15, 09, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Elite, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
Originally Posted by Febs2 View Post
A nice little bonus. I wonder if this is because I re-qualified for Platinum yesterday, or if it's just coincidental timing?.
Definitely coincidental. I'm not even going to go close to re-qualifying to plat this year, but I got the email too.
Old Dec 15, 09, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL GM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gowarty View Post
I didn't get the email, could someone publish the link so we can register? Thanks.
This was in the T&C's & a bit different than the actual link that one click's on when it says "verify your address".

https://www.spgpromos.com/TagGift/index.cfm
Old Dec 15, 09, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, United MP Premier, Alaska Air, BA, Qantas, ANZ
I'm not so sure--I've been Plat for the past 2 years and was offered a gift for the 1st time today.
Old Dec 15, 09, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA GS , AA CK
Originally Posted by docbert View Post
Definitely coincidental. I'm not even going to go close to re-qualifying to plat this year, but I got the email too.

I think it might have just been a confidence ... I re-qualified months ago and just got the email today.
Old Dec 15, 09, 4:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; HH Gold; Hyatt Globalist; IHG SpireAmb; UA2KMM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
I've got a couple of tags several years ago. They are just metal luggage tags (silver color) with the words SPG Platinum on it. Nothing spectacular but a nice touch from Starwood.
Old Dec 15, 09, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA: 1P, SPG: PLT
I was PLT this year but will drop to Gold next year. My invite said

To celebrate your travels with us this year, we'd like you to have a set of limited-edition luggage tags as our gift to you. Take these with you on all your upcoming travels — they'll help represent you as an important part of the Starwood Preferred Guest® family.

During this holiday season, we want to take a moment to thank you for choosing SPG®. This has been an exciting year for us as we continued to expand our properties to offer you more choices in the places you like to visit. If you've stayed with Sheraton® this year, you may have experienced one of our newly renovated hotels, part of a beautiful $6 billion global transformation."
Old Dec 15, 09, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
I never got the email even though I re-qualified for Plat several months ago. But I was successfully able to register. You can confirm it by trying to re-register and you will get the message
You are already enrolled to receive a limited-edition gift.

Your limited-edition set of luggage tags will arrive at the address you provided.
Please contact the Customer Call Center in your region if you have any questions.
Old Dec 15, 09, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Got mine too...my cheap Southwest ones broke, so this is good timing! ^
Old Dec 15, 09, 4:28 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, MVP Gold 75K, HH Gold
Yes, it would have been nice to have an image of the tag in the email or registration URL. But this way we can all be surprised, I suppose.
Old Dec 15, 09, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I never got the email either and requalified as Plat a long time ago. But the link worked so my gift is on the way.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: