Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Year-end 2009 gift from SPG: Limited-edition luggage tags

Year-end 2009 gift from SPG: Limited-edition luggage tags

Old Dec 25, 09, 11:45 am

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by ayg View Post
Ah yes, nothing like a good flyertalk.com brow beating by the self righteous members who never have anything wrong happen to them in the area of travel.

I have a feeling at least 25 percent of the people complaining about the complainers will post something along the lines of "I didn't get an upgrade on XYZ-ZYX and i'm iridium elite flying medallion level!" within the next 60 days.

I don't want to beat a dead horse but complaining about benefits under the Starwood T&C is much different then complaining about not being on a targeted promo. It's the people who think they are just as entitled to luggage tags as they are platinum access to a club lounge that makes them a whiner.
Old Dec 26, 09, 6:00 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond. SPG Plat. Hyatt Diamond. Segafredo coffee stamp card, inContinental
I make a point of pointing and s......ing at people with such faux-status junk on their luggage.
The wife can barely keep a straight face when drawing these people to my attention
strap on those Elite tags now,
Here's to meeting you in a lobby some time soon

Last edited by werldporks; Dec 26, 09 at 6:01 pm Reason: SNI GGERING oh for crying out loud, Americans !!
Old Dec 26, 09, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Wow, we're talking about luggage tags here, not Armageddon.
Old Dec 26, 09, 6:48 pm
ayg

Programs: AA Gold, DL Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plat, Hertz 5*, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE View Post
You spent time and effort calling a spg supervisor over some luggage tags? Wow!
I was sitting in the SNA United RCC... While it was a 5 to 7 min break from eating cheese cubes and drinking lattes, I don't think I'll miss those few minutes too much.

I didn't call a supervisor, I called the Gold line. The woman volunteered to put me on hold while she asked the supervisor. I don't think I asked for anything other than can I have my luggage tags that some email said I was 4 days late on.

Originally Posted by Austin99
I don't want to beat a dead horse but complaining about benefits under the Starwood T&C is much different then complaining about not being on a targeted promo. It's the people who think they are just as entitled to luggage tags as they are platinum access to a club lounge that makes them a whiner.
You're right, you deserve those suite upgrades, I'm sure Starwood enjoys all the "I stayed at the xxx Westin and wasn't upgraded and I called the SPG line and they said I could book a suite, so it was clearly open" threads and that they follow up on each of them.

I'm not entitled to luggage tags, but the worse thing that can happen is I can call and be told no...at least I asked. I was targeted, my concern (or complaint, or whine...) was in regards to the relatively short window of opportunity to cash in on the email. I called and when I was told no, I said thanks for helping and hung up.
Old Dec 27, 09, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by werldporks View Post
I make a point of pointing and s......ing at people with such faux-status junk on their luggage.
The wife can barely keep a straight face when drawing these people to my attention
strap on those Elite tags now,
Here's to meeting you in a lobby some time soon
maybe you find it difficult to keep a straight face when you see people with 'faux-status junk on their luggage' but they do serve a purpose....the airline elite status baggage tags on my luggage ensure that my checked-in luggage comes out first on the baggage claim....its one of the listed benefits of their elite program....
Old Dec 27, 09, 2:38 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Elite, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
Originally Posted by saad View Post
the airline elite status baggage tags on my luggage ensure that my checked-in luggage comes out first on the baggage claim....its one of the listed benefits of their elite program....
They shouldn't, and I doubt they do. Your elite tags could belong to anyone, and could be many years old and no longer relevant to your status - not to mention that it would result in people missing out if they forgot to put their luggage tags on the luggage they were using today.

Priority baggage should be done based on labels attached a check-in, and I've never found an airline that did it any other way.

Personally my various bags have elite tags on them for 4 different airlines. Three of those airlines I no longer have status with, and one of those three doesn't even exist any more.
Old Dec 27, 09, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by docbert View Post
They shouldn't, and I doubt they do. Your elite tags could belong to anyone, and could be many years old and no longer relevant to your status - not to mention that it would result in people missing out if they forgot to put their luggage tags on the luggage they were using today.

Priority baggage should be done based on labels attached a check-in, and I've never found an airline that did it any other way.

Personally my various bags have elite tags on them for 4 different airlines. Three of those airlines I no longer have status with, and one of those three doesn't even exist any more.
they do actually....when i check-in they make a note of my status....once i checked in a bag that did not have a tag on it & the agent asked me if i knew of their baggage tag policy for elites....everytime i fly this airline my bags are always among the first to come out....thanks to the tags....like i said before, its a published benefit for the airline....
Old Dec 27, 09, 3:05 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
RyanAir???
Old Dec 27, 09, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05 View Post
RyanAir???
jet airways actually....
Old Dec 27, 09, 5:56 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA LTPlat; Marriott Titanium (LTP); Hilton Dia; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by docbert View Post
And I bet you have decals on the back of your car from every state and vacation spot you've ever visisted!
Old Dec 28, 09, 7:12 am

Programs: STARWOOD PLAT, LT GOLD,WN A-LIST PREFERRED, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE
Does anyone know the time frame for these to get to the end user? Or if anyone has them let us know
Old Jan 2, 10, 11:38 am
iwc

Arrived today 1/2 in Florida, return address Charlotte.

2 tags (not preprinted) with insert for name and address.

Looks similar to last years card with photos of Sheraton Maldives and Sheraton Honolulu.

Has heavy duty wire for attachment (similar to the one that came with luggage tags the first time they were sent).
Old Jan 2, 10, 11:45 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, AA EXP, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by iwc View Post
Arrived today 1/2 in Florida, return address Charlotte.

2 tags (not preprinted) with insert for name and address.

Looks similar to last years card with photos of Sheraton Maldives and Sheraton Honolulu.

Has heavy duty wire for attachment (similar to the one that came with luggage tags the first time they were sent).
Same tags as iwc. . . Arrived in NJ today
Old Jan 2, 10, 11:49 am

Location: London (UK), Kolkata (India), and a part of the Netherlands you wouldn't like to visit (aka Purmerend)!
Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by saad View Post
they do actually....when i check-in they make a note of my status....once i checked in a bag that did not have a tag on it & the agent asked me if i knew of their baggage tag policy for elites....everytime i fly this airline my bags are always among the first to come out....thanks to the tags....like i said before, its a published benefit for the airline....
+1: same experience for me with Jet!
Old Jan 2, 10, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA GS , AA CK
These have to be some the cheapest luggage tags ever ...

Wish they would have saved the money and just given me some more points

Search this Thread
Search Engine: