Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Year-end 2009 gift from SPG: Limited-edition luggage tags

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Year-end 2009 gift from SPG: Limited-edition luggage tags

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:06 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Why is anyone "amazed" by whining and complaining on FT?
Old Dec 23, 2009, 7:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by schley
Isn't it a membership requirement?
Old Dec 23, 2009, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I'm guessing this was targeted to people who were missing some information in their profile.
Nope, because it specifically stated that the address you entered would NOT be updated in your profile, and that if you wanted to change your address you need to login to the regular website and do it there.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5MM, DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Avis CHM, National VIP
Never got this email either. I get all my confirmations, but I'd better check to see if my email address is somehow messed up with SPG.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:03 pm
ayg

Programs: SWA A List, HH Gold, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
I was excited when I saw this in my mail today, it was Dated 12/15 and when I clicked to redeem it, it said it was only valid till 12/18. Thanks for giving a promotion during December that was valid for less than a business week. Was this an exercise in teaching SPG members to pay attention to each SPG email they receive in a timely manner? If its a year end gift, shouldn't you have it available till Christmas or the end of the year? Whatever the reason, its lame...

I called the SPG Gold number and after someone "asked their supervisor" I was told that its an expired promo and there was absolutely no way they could reactivate it and send me some luggage tags.

"Its not in the system anymore Sir."
Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ayg
I was excited when I saw this in my mail today, it was Dated 12/15 and when I clicked to redeem it, it said it was only valid till 12/18. Thanks for giving a promotion during December that was valid for less than a business week. Was this an exercise in teaching SPG members to pay attention to each SPG email they receive in a timely manner? If its a year end gift, shouldn't you have it available till Christmas or the end of the year? Whatever the reason, its lame...

I called the SPG Gold number and after someone "asked their supervisor" I was told that its an expired promo and there was absolutely no way they could reactivate it and send me some luggage tags.

This is the first I've heard of it altogether.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by controller1
It is the oath of membership: "thou shall whine and complain as much as possible".

I know I follow that oath on occasions.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 5:25 pm

Programs: QF,VS,SQ,SPG,IC
Originally Posted by controller1
Don't forget the sub-clause.
If a situation affects you... you must whine and complain.
If a situation does not affect you... you must whine and complain about the whiners and complainers.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 6:51 pm

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by schley

I have been reading this forum for a couple of years and whining is just something I have come to expect.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 8:21 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
Originally Posted by snufl
Don't forget the sub-clause.
If a situation affects you... you must whine and complain.
If a situation does not affect you... you must whine and complain about the whiners and complainers.
And if you're not a member you must signup and post about all the whining and complaining on the board then disappear forever.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 11:46 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
1st Ive read about this, dont know where Ive been lol. No email for me. Free is better than nothing, congrats to those who got it.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Plat/LT Gold, MR Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Thanks for the gift! ^

Here's a picture of the silver luggage tag from the 2007 SPG Platinum kit:

I still have mine, but it doesn't have "Platinum" etched into it like yours does.

BTW...never got a e-mail on this promo either.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 7:44 pm
ayg

Programs: SWA A List, HH Gold, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
Ah yes, nothing like a good flyertalk.com brow beating by the self righteous members who never have anything wrong happen to them in the area of travel.

I have a feeling at least 25 percent of the people complaining about the complainers will post something along the lines of "I didn't get an upgrade on XYZ-ZYX and i'm iridium elite flying medallion level!" within the next 60 days.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by ayg

You spent time and effort calling a spg supervisor over some luggage tags? Wow!
Old Dec 25, 2009, 9:18 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ayg
Ah yes, nothing like a good flyertalk.com brow beating by the self righteous members who never have anything wrong happen to them in the area of travel.

I have a feeling at least 25 percent of the people complaining about the complainers will post something along the lines of "I didn't get an upgrade on XYZ-ZYX and i'm iridium elite flying medallion level!" within the next 60 days.
Don't forget while screaming "DYKWIA?????"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.