Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

current 1,000 bonus points promo taking 4-8 weeks to post...why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2009, 10:05 am
Original Poster

apologies if this has been discussed and thanks for moving if it has, but why, if these 1,000 bonius starpoints are coming from *wood, are they taking 4-8 weeks to post (as i was just informed by *wood when asking about a stay from october)? if they are coming from *wood why the delay?
Old Nov 3, 2009, 10:10 am

Programs: SPG GOLD
All of my bonus points have posted the Saturday after my stay, which from reading on Flyertalk is standard.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Almost all the points are posting quickly. The 4-8 weeks is the standard "don't call us" clause that appears in all promos. They don't want people calling the day or even the week after a stay to ask why their points haven't posted, because most of them will post within 3-10 days.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 10:16 am
Original Poster

ok, thanks.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down um, what's the magic word to have this happen?

my stay was the last week in october. we're now in the last week of november. today i am being told that it takes 8 weeks. asked to speak to a supe, the reluctant agent tells me the supervisor will tell me the same thing. i request the supe anyway the agent comes back and says 'the supervisor said to tell you we don't control where the points are coming from."

i again ask to please speak to a supervisor to ask for a simple explanation as to who is controlling these points if they are not from the property and not from starwood.

the agent is also not helpful and says, "i have seen them take 4-6 weeks and i have no idea why."

starwood....where do these points come from and why can;t you control them? i am concerned at this point that they never registered the stay and that whatever investigation should be launched is not being launched because not enough time has passed.

ridiculous and i'm sorry we made the effort to complete a stay in october to use the points at christmas.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
What do T&C of the promo say??
Old Nov 23, 2009, 3:44 pm

A few things to check, I guess, though the answer is probably “yes” to all:
Old Nov 23, 2009, 6:01 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond
Are you sure this is not a promotion where Starwood does a sweep, maybe weekly, biweekly or monthly and award the points at that time, rather than awarding them for each stay you have?

If T&C say 6-8 weeks, you really don't have a case to complain until it's passed the 8 weeks.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 6:17 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, MVP Gold 75K, HH Gold
For me it was the hotel.

All my points have appeared the Saturday after the stay credit posted. With one exception. And when I looked into it I was told it could take up to six weeks (not 4-8). When the six weeks passed and I checked again, I was pointed to the list of participating hotels. And sure enough, the hotel in question (Sheraton PDX) isn't on it.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 6:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Which hotel is it?

It could be, as someone mentioned, a hotel that is not participating in the bonus promo.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 6:39 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
What influences whether a hotel is participating in this promo or not? Does the hotel get to choose?

Just curious because I just noticed that an SPG property I frequent is not on the list. I was going to stay there anyway, but this gives me pause to wonder why they wouldn't be part of the promotion.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 8:45 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by uprightposition
Did the agent check your account and verify that you have registered for the promotion?

Which hotel is involved?

Was the stay credited correctly?

These are questions I believe would help.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Nov 24, 2009, 8:57 am
Original Poster

yes, i am registered- confirmed.
yes, the hotel is participating-confirmed.
yes, i had a horrendous experience at this property and already know they are sub standard in many ways -- i only took the stay there because of the promo.

i did find the time to phone *wood corporate c.s. where the people are universally helpful and efficient and they told me the points do come from the property itself, so, surprise, surprise the property dropped the ball.

i have been told that they will be in my account within the week.

it irks me that as a gold, with a spouse who is gold, both of us carrying *wood amex cards, i still have to hear non responses and evasions from "regular" customer service when the answer is available.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 9:09 am
soy

Programs: various
Got my 1k bonus recently from 3 different hotels within 48hrs of checking out sounds like teh hotel is the problem here
Old Nov 24, 2009, 11:01 am

Location: London (UK), Kolkata (India), and a part of the Netherlands you wouldn't like to visit (aka Purmerend)!
Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by soy
Got my 1k bonus recently from 3 different hotels within 48hrs of checking out sounds like teh hotel is the problem here
I don't know, unless lots of hotels have glitches.....I spoke to SPG the other day regarding three stays which haven't posted the 1,000 points. One wasn't part of the promo (I didn't realise LM Piccadilly would not be part of the promo), but the other hotel, contributing two stays a couple of weeks apart, is part of the promo (Turnberry Resort in Ayrshire).

I have had hotels before the stays here quickly posting the points; I have also had stays after these posting the bonus points. Anyway, the associate I spoke to said she would look into it, so I am happy enough!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.