Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Promo : Beat The Timer (Europe, Africa, Middle East only) - beatthetimer.com

Promo : Beat The Timer (Europe, Africa, Middle East only) - beatthetimer.com

Old Oct 30, 2009, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, UA/AA Commoner
Lightbulb Promo : Beat The Timer (Europe, Africa, Middle East only) - beatthetimer.com

http://www.beatthetimer.com/

Did a quick search but could not find anything. Discounted rooms at a few hotels around Europe good until January 2010 it seems (T&C link is mislinked). I looked at two properties and the rates are not "prepaid nonrefundable" rates. Some hotels only have a couple more hours left while a few have a couple more days of sale. But the rooms are very limited. Hotels include:

Sheraton Congress Frankfurt
Four Points Munich
Le Meridien Monte Carlo
Le Meridien Rimini
Neues Schloss Zurich
Westin and Le Meridien Malta
Fuerstenhof, Leipzig
Le Meridien Lingotto
Sheraton Algarve
Westin Warsaw
Sheraton Lisboa
Pine Cliffs Albufiera
Sheraton Antalya
Westin Valencia
Hotel Alfonso, Seville
Le Meridien Penina
Arion Resort Athens
Westin Excelsior Florence
Marques de Riscal, El Ciego

Last edited by joeyvegaz; Oct 30, 2009 at 7:05 am Reason: Missed a hotel
Old Oct 30, 2009, 7:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Other than just listiing the hotels and hanging my browser, that page doesn't seem to do anything.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 7:28 am
Original Poster

If you click on BOOK NOW a pop up will let you input your check in/out dates and number of adults, then it will transfer you to the booking page.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 7:30 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by joeyvegaz
If you click on BOOK NOW
The BOOK NOW link is what hangs my browser. Not to mention that white on sky blue is a terrible color choice, making those links practically unreadable.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 7:34 am
Original Poster

The code that comes up in the Corporate Account/SET # is: 387696

Last edited by joeyvegaz; Oct 30, 2009 at 7:44 am
Old Oct 30, 2009, 8:00 am

The code that comes up in the Corporate Account/SET # is: 387696
Thanks. Though when I try that for Monte Carlo, it's a prepaid nonrefundable rate, so I guess it varies by hotel.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 8:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot LTP, Hyatt Globalist
The Westin Excelsior is 288 euros with this promotion, but bookable on the SPG website for 285. Not such a great deal.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Refundable or Not?

It looks like we are both right (unfortunately the inconsistencies below do not apply to Monte Carlo)...Here are the terms from Westin Excelsior Florence (same for Sheraton Albufiera):

Rate Plan Description: BeatTheTimer. PREPAYMENT CHARGED AT THE TIME OF BOOKING. RESERVATIONS ARE NON CHANGEABLE ANDNON REFUNDABLE. ONLY BOOKABLE THROUGH BEATTHETIMER.COM.

Room description Prestigious Non Smoking Deluxe Room With Precious Florentine Style Furnitures
Room amenities Deluxe Non-smoking , Heavenly Bed And Bath , High Ceiling , Large Marble Bathroom , Richly Furnished
Stay requirements 1 Day(s) Minimum
31 Day(s) Maximum

GTD/Deposit policy Credit card required at booking time.
For reservations guaranteed with a form of payment at time of booking, rooms are held until hotel check-out time the day following arrival. For reservations not guaranteed with a form of payment at time of booking, rooms are held until set cancellation time per the rules of the reservation. In the event more guests arrive than can be accommodated due to hotel overbooking or an unforeseen circumstance, and hotel is unable to hold rooms consistent with this room hold policy, hotel will attempt to accommodate guests, at its expense, at a comparable hotel in the area for the oversold night(s), and will pay for transportation to that hotel.

Cancellation Policy If you cancel between 10/30/2009 and 6:00 PM hotel time on 11/19/2009, there will be no forfeiture amount. If you cancel after 6:00 PM hotel time on 11/19/2009, the forfeiture amount will be a 1 night stay. There may be additional applicable charges and taxes.

Last edited by joeyvegaz; Oct 30, 2009 at 8:21 am
Old Oct 30, 2009, 9:57 am

It looks like we are both right
This is very common on Starwood's part. Here's a thread I started a few days ago: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-straight.html.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 3:59 am

I just booked myself a room at the Westin Europa in Venice for 207 Euros (one out four available at that price), far less than their usual rates which are around 250.

I have to say that I like the site and the concept, it's nicely designed and the map search is stimulating for my upcoming new year's eve destination my wife and I haven't decided upon yet... Maybe I can save a few bucks by booking through this site, we shall see..

Safe travels,
Winston
Old Nov 9, 2009, 4:01 am

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Welcome to Flyertalk Winston
Old Nov 9, 2009, 4:04 am

Thanks couscous, it's a great site and I am enjoying the interesting information!
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat

Limited time SPG specials...

Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
These have been running pretty regularly for over 6 months now. They just seem to have promoted it a bit more on SPG.com recently.

Here is the original thread on it
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-europe.html
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:39 pm

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
I for one was delighted that I found a room in Venice for about $350/night when there was nothing available with Hotwire or Priceline under $300...!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.