Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

2 Free Nights in Thailand for Nimble Members? ("Write your Own Cheque")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2009, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AB, AC, ..., ZZ

SPP has an interesting promotion here.

Paragraph 19:
The first 130 participants to log onto the promotion microsite via entering an Account Name and Number received via a personalised promotional mail piece delivered via post, and to fully complete the online survey will instantly be awarded with 2 free nights accommodation at any of the participating Starwood Hotels and Resorts listed in paragraph 10.
Paragraph 10:
The participating Starwood hotels include Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel Towers; The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok; Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok; Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel; Le Meridien Bangkok; Sheraton Pattaya Resort; Sheraton Hua Hin Resort Spa; Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort; Sheraton Grande Laguna, Phuket; Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort; Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach Spa Resort; Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort; Le Meridien Chiang Mai.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks for posting this, but the extremely detailed Terms and Conditions for this offer (which began March 4) seem to limit it to event planners whose participation was solicited and who booked an event by June 30. In addition, the promotion (by a firm called Hyper Hyper) looks a bit dodgy, but perhaps I've overreacting. Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
I probably wasn't supposed to, but I created a new account on the site and after answering a few questions was told I was one of the first 130. Most of the vouchers for Thailand hotels are gone, but I scooped up the last certificate for the Royal Orchid Sheraton in Bangkok. 15 or so remain for Chiang Mai and other resorts.

Unfortunately, I'm headed to Bangkok tonight and from the confirmation email it looks like I won't receive the certificate for a few weeks:

Dear Merrick,
Congratulations on being one of the first 130 people to complete our Write Your Own Cheque website.
We confirm that you have to selected to stay at The Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers for your 2 night FREE stay
and you will receive your voucher within a few weeks.
We will be in contact with you to further discuss your next event in January - June for Between 11 and 50 delegates
and how we can work with you...so you have more time for what matters!
Your Account Number is: xxxxxxx
Your Account Name is: xxxxxx

Edit: Just read the terms and conditions and noticed that the free nights "must be booked and taken by October 31, 2009" (which is pretty interesting given "entries close midnight AEST on 31 December 2009"). While I could actually use both nights by October 31st if they were immediately available, it's pretty tough to do if it will be several weeks before I get the voucher. I'll give the RO Sheraton sales office a call and see what they say. Regardless, thanks to the OP for posting this!

Last edited by merrickdb; Oct 29, 2009 at 7:04 pm Reason: Promotion expiration date
Old Oct 29, 2009, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I just checked as well, there are a few properties left, but as noted above, pretty tough to get them done by the next few days.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 1:34 am

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
An update: I contacted the RO Sheraton Sales and Marketing Department this morning and they asked me to email the confirmation to them. The Sales and Marketing manager just replied back to say they will let me use the voucher I have yet to receive for my stay at the hotel today, and asked me fill in a room reservation form. Thanks again to the OP, and to the RO Sheraton. I'll have to save trying the new Le Meridien for my next stay in Bangkok.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 9:53 am

Programs: SPG plat,Hyatt Diamond,HH gold
Originally Posted by merrickdb
An update: I contacted the RO Sheraton Sales and Marketing Department this morning and they asked me to email the confirmation to them. The Sales and Marketing manager just replied back to say they will let me use the voucher I have yet to receive for my stay at the hotel today, and asked me fill in a room reservation form. Thanks again to the OP, and to the RO Sheraton. I'll have to save trying the new Le Meridien for my next stay in Bangkok.
Im not good in English . I was register today and won 2 free nights also
and after that i got email same like you and another Email
Dear Sir,

Greeting from Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort!

Regarding to Write Your Own Cheque campaign, kindly advise us your travel plan and when would you like to stay in our resort? Therefore we can issue a voucher and send it to you by then.

Thank you for your interest in our beautiful resort and we are looking forward to welcome you to our resort in the near future.

Best regards,

I have some questions! Could you help me? if you know!

1.This free nights can use on December?
2. Voucher can be use without meeting plan are confirmed?
3.Can i use this voucher if meeting plan was cancel? and can be upgrade for platinum?

Thank you!
Old Oct 30, 2009, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AB, AC, ..., ZZ
Originally Posted by merrickdb
That's very kind of the RO Sheraton folks. Amazing service. Enjoy your stay!
Old Oct 30, 2009, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by yoshida_101
Im not good in English . I was register today and won 2 free nights also
and after that i got email same like you and another Email
Dear Sir,

Greeting from Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort!

Regarding to Write Your Own Cheque campaign, kindly advise us your travel plan and when would you like to stay in our resort? Therefore we can issue a voucher and send it to you by then.

Thank you for your interest in our beautiful resort and we are looking forward to welcome you to our resort in the near future.

Best regards,

I have some questions! Could you help me? if you know!

1.This free nights can use on December?
2. Voucher can be use without meeting plan are confirmed?
3.Can i use this voucher if meeting plan was cancel? and can be upgrade for platinum?

Thank you!
I got the same email today. I think I m going in early Dec.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 8:04 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold
I tried and was told I was not one of the first 130.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 6:43 pm

I got another few emails. One saying what days I wanted to come, so they could send me the cert. The other one said the promo had now expired.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:15 am

Just an update. Got another email this morning, after I sent that I wish they wouldnt have said they would offer me the 2 free nights. Yawadee sent me an email stating they would honor my 2 free nights. Outstanding service. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.