Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Westin Times Square - Billing & Callback Issues

Old Oct 23, 2009, 8:06 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood Plt, Hilton Gold (got it free) AC Elite, Fairmont Plt, Priority Club Plt

Stayed at this property September 18th. The following occurred:
  • No Platinum Amenity points
  • No points for room charges
  • Double posted room charges to credit card
  • Additional unknown charge posted to credit card

Here are my actions and results:
  1. SPG looked after the amenity points
  2. Called hotel on 3 occasions Left message for Dorothy in accounting as was advised this is the person that would fix this. Each of my calls were on a separate day. None of my calls were returned
  3. Called SPG, they called hotel and confirmed Dorothy was the person to speak to. They advised they left a message for Dorothy to call me.
  4. Call still not returned 48 hours later.
  5. Reached Dorothy by calling again today. Told her I was concerned about no call back. She made no comment or apology on this. She advised they have no record of my charges. Told her my credit card statement was in hand. She looked further and then agreed there as a double posting and an unknown posting. Said she would credit the money back. Said she would follow up on the missing points.

Just a note to watch postings on your credit card carefully. Also, while I have no other experience at this property, so can't comet on normal services levels, I found it poor service to have to call on multiple occasions to get this sorted out.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
One of the Westins with the WORST customer service, ever.

Since you mentioned about bill. Recently, at W Hoboken, when I checked out, I noticed an 80% increase in my room service bill. When I inquired, they had to find the original receipt. It turned out, the staff had added an additional 80% tip for herself. Does she think I wouldn't check my bill? Probably, since I order the item before I checked out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.