Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Awful experience and strange blowoff (mold in suites at Parker Meridien NYC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Awful experience and strange blowoff (mold in suites at Parker Meridien NYC)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2009, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Platinum, AX Cent so...Delta Plat, SPG Gold, etc..
Talking

UPDATE: Amex Centurion sided with me, charged back that bogus amount to Parker Meridien.

Thank You Amex!

Foo on You Parker!

In the end the forces of truth were too much for the Parker and their large pile of moldy lies and to overcome...

Obviously I'm back to staying at the Plaza, and had a wonderful stay there over Thanksgiving. Received an upgrade to a high level suite with a park view. What was even better is that they were nice to me, accomodating, and the bathroom was entirely mold-free.

Anyone know how to contact the NYC health department about the mold problem at the Parker?
Old Dec 28, 2009, 5:24 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dfyant

In the end the forces of truth were too much for the Parker and their large pile of moldy lies and to overcome...
I thought you got charged for smoking in a non smoking room? Or??
Old Dec 28, 2009, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Platinum, AX Cent so...Delta Plat, SPG Gold, etc..
But I didn't smoke in the room!!!

Not to revisit history too much, but the Parker made a bunch of patently false statements and claimed to have pictures, which also turned out to be a lie. They had charged me that $500 to retaliate for my complaining to Starwood corporate. Rather than the problem being a moldy room and poor customer service, it became a "complaining guy trying to get an upgrade and the smell he complained about was from his own smoking"....

Alas, the lie didn't stick.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
UPDATE: Amex Centurion sided with me, charged back that bogus amount to Parker Meridien.

Thank You Amex!

Foo on You Parker!

Obviously I'm back to staying at the Plaza, and had a wonderful stay there over Thanksgiving. Received an upgrade to a high level suite with a park view. What was even better is that they were nice to me, accomodating, and the bathroom was entirely mold-free.

Anyone know how to contact the NYC health department about the mold problem at the Parker?
Good for you. Was wondering how this turned out.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt

Thank You Amex!

Foo on You Parker!

Congratulations! You do honor to your handle (looks like 'defiant'). I recently scored a huge victory over a hoax by Sixt car rental, thanks to a charge reversal by Schwab VISA. Thankfully I had the original paper work handed to me by Sixt and they didn't bother inventing false evidence to counter it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.