FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Sheraton LAX - fairly lax (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1007302-sheraton-lax-fairly-lax.html)

jrussell Jun 22, 2008 8:12 pm

Cost of Breakfast at Sheraton Gateway LAX?

Can anyone who has recently stayed at the Sheraton Gateway LAX tell me the current cost of breakfast in the restaurant? I'll be staying for a forced overnight and leaving on a morning flight so I really need little more than a bed and breakfast. With the cost of breakfast bumping $35 at many properties, is it just about as cost effective to book a Club room with a continental breakfast as a standard room?

DesertRat Jun 24, 2008 1:48 pm

If you are platinum, you're guaranteed access to the (pretty good) lounge for breakfast and I think a lot of golds get it also. I think the breakfast buffet downstairs is less than $20 but I haven't needed to buy it in years.

DownUnderFlyer Jun 25, 2008 10:15 pm

Otherwise there is still Starbucks....

skye1 Jun 25, 2008 10:48 pm

The Gateway LAX is literally right next to the airport....maybe a two minute ride on the shuttle, tops. So, do you have any airline club access at LAX, either by membership, status when traveling on paid F or international tix, etc.? IIRC, some of the clubs at LAX do have a few snack options avail. Ex: The LAX AAdmirals Club usually has baskets of nutrigrain bars lying about, along with muffins, OJ, coffee, etc.

As posted, if you're an SPG Plat, and possibly an SPG Gold, you'll have club lounge access and the "buffet" there isn't that bad at all.

Or, yeah, there's the starbucks in the hotel lobby.

tiev Jun 29, 2008 9:50 pm

Just stayed there yesterday, breakfast was $25 for a create your own omlette, side of fruit and coffee.

jrussell Jul 2, 2008 6:34 am

Thanks all. That's everything I need to know.

dw Jul 2, 2008 8:10 am

I was there about two weeks ago. You can also order a la carte (with the entrees reasonably priced compared to many properties these days) or choose the buffet, which was under $20. (No omelet station as part of the buffet, however.)

bbison Aug 12, 2009 1:07 am

Just checked into the Gateway--there was a voucher marked "Sheraton Club Lounge--Good for one Breakfast Buffet in the Brasserie Restaurant" tucked in with the key.

Not sure what's up with the club, but I'm not complaining...

Current prices (all without tax/tip):

Buffet: $18.95 (this could really use an omelette or eggs cooked to order option, as the scrambled eggs were horrible.) Other than that, the buffet is good.
Omelette: $15
Packcakes/French Toast $12
Bacon and Eggs: $13
Cold cereal/oatmeal options were $7-$9

FlyMan Aug 12, 2009 1:30 am

Originally Posted by bbison (Post 12212406)
Just checked into the Gateway--there was a voucher marked "Sheraton Club Lounge--Good for one Breakfast Buffet in the Brasserie Restaurant" tucked in with the key.

Not sure what's up with the club, but I'm not complaining...

Club Lounge Closure

"From July 24 to October 1, 2009, the Club Lounge will undergo renovation. During this time the Club Lounge will be closed."

bbison Aug 12, 2009 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by FlyMan (Post 12212462)
Club Lounge Closure

"From July 24 to October 1, 2009, the Club Lounge will undergo renovation. During this time the Club Lounge will be closed."

Damn...off-topic, but from the same link:

Shula's 347

As of September 30th, 2009 the hotels current restaurant Shula's 347 will be closing and transitioning into a new concept. Upon reopening on October 1st, 2009 the restaurant will reopen as Paparazzi and will have a new fresh Italian concept.

That really sucks, Shula's is great!

vegasflyer Aug 12, 2009 11:32 pm

In my experience, more often than not guests are welcome to order "made to order" omelettes from the kitchen when the buffet does not include an omelette station. Ask the server.

Ocn Vw 1K Aug 13, 2009 12:55 am

Assuming that the Brasserie bkfst buffest hasn't been recently downgraded, it was worth the price: an abundant amount of fresh fruit, variety of eggs, meats, breads, danish, croissants, and, more recently, poached salmon. As I prefer egg-substitute, I've always been able to order from the kitchen an egg dish made with Egg-Beaters at no extra charge when ordering the buffet. OTOH, the Club lounge bkfst (prior to closure for remodeling) was hit-and-miss. Some months, pretty sparse, other months more substantial.

Condition One Aug 17, 2009 8:13 pm

Nope, the breakfast buffet hasn't been downgraded. I used a voucher this morning and was quite impressed with the variety. I've used the Lounge two months back, and only a continental breakfast was offered.

bbison Aug 18, 2009 9:56 am

Agreed-the buffet is a way-more-than-adequate substitute for the club breakfast. Since I rarely used the club for anything else, this closure is a huge plus.

I'm there again Thursday, and will inquire about alternate egg arrangements--thanks for the tip!

TrojanHorse Aug 18, 2009 11:37 am

Are they giving a coupon for each registered guest in the room?

Can you get something in a box to go *to your room* and a pot of Joe?