Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Can I leave hotel with someone still in room (C&P stay)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I leave hotel with someone still in room (C&P stay)?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:48 am
Suspended

I did exactly what the OP wants to do at the W Hong Kong on Friday last.

I have two rooms booked in my name and when I checked out of mine at 100pm I requested a late checkout (400pm, which was granted) for friends staying in the second room.
The bill for the two rooms were settled at the time of my leaving.

The front desk said no problem .. however they did state that any additional charges would by added to my Amex (which fine by me.. but then I tend to have trustworthy friends)

mike
Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:00 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
I've gotten around this before by just calling the hotel after all parties have left and saying "Oh - I'm an idiot and forgot to stop by the desk and check out before I left."

They've always found a way to charge me without much trouble.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks again guys. I've changed my mind again and rebooked the 2nd C&P room again for the last night. I'll try to do the same as what MIKESILV did.
I think I can trust my cousin (although I won't see him anytime soon afterwards, hhmmm ).
Old Oct 18, 2009, 8:43 pm

Programs: CO silver
re: checkout

Sentosa Island Shang..I checked out soon after my friend who left early in am.

I dreaded the checkout triggering the Maid room available for cleaning!
Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:31 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by yosithezet
It is simple and there is no reason to change the stay of your cousin. There is no problem with paying the charges before you checkout. Thus, when you are checking out, tell them you want to pay the charges for the second room as well. Inform them that the second room is not to be closed out and that your cousin will be by to check-out and pay for any additional charges they may incur (i.e. minibar). There really should not be a problem here at all.
Brilliant answer.

Originally Posted by katieq1
Just e-mail the hotel and ask if they have express checkout or if you need to go to the front desk.
Great suggestion.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:26 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Diamond, AA LT Gold, SouthWest Comp Pass
Originally Posted by BostonPaul
Am I the only one that takes the receipt for charges that was tucked under my door the night before, leaves the room keys on the nightstand/coffee table and walks out the front door of the hotel without "officially" checking out? I cannot remember the last time I actually went to the front desk to checkout of a hotel - and have never had an issue.
BostonPaul - I do exactly as you do...it looks like you and I are the only ones that do this!
Personally I detest standing in line again just to "checkout". My feeling is that all the arrangements have been made (credit card on file, checkout date/time confirmed at checkin etc) and I don't understand the need to tell them I'm leaving. They already know that I'm leaving.
I have done this hundreds upon hundreds of times without an issue.

Am I missing something?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 3:03 am

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by luv2buynfly
BostonPaul - I do exactly as you do...it looks like you and I are the only ones that do this!
Personally I detest standing in line again just to "checkout". My feeling is that all the arrangements have been made (credit card on file, checkout date/time confirmed at checkin etc) and I don't understand the need to tell them I'm leaving. They already know that I'm leaving.
I have done this hundreds upon hundreds of times without an issue.

Am I missing something?
In the US I don't check-out with the desk if I get a folio under the door (which is about 95% of the time). Hundreds of times as well. Internationally I do tend to actually check out, "just in case". About half the time I forget and oddly enough I've never had a problem with them charging my card All of my international travel is in Europe, as I'm sure the custom could vary by region as well.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Well I e-mailed the St. Regis Singapore (why didn't I do this before?) and they told me that I don't to be present at checkout for the second room. I just need to make sure that I "settle the bill" during check-in. I guess I learned something new.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.