Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

What hotel would you recommend become a Starwood?

What hotel would you recommend become a Starwood?

Old Oct 15, 2009, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Mmmmmmm....the Ritz-Carlton in Naples, FL
Old Oct 15, 2009, 3:15 pm

The Delta hotel in Banff would make an excellent Sheraton. I think they would get a larger Revpar premium over all the other non-chain hotels in Banff, as US travellers would be more familiar with the brand.

Michael
Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood Plt, Hilton Gold (got it free) AC Elite, Fairmont Plt, Priority Club Plt
Originally Posted by bizaro86
The Delta hotel in Banff would make an excellent Sheraton. I think they would get a larger Revpar premium over all the other non-chain hotels in Banff, as US travellers would be more familiar with the brand.

Michael
I live near Banff and am not aware of any Delta hotel there. Do you mean the Delta Lodge in Kananaskis Country? That is about 45 minutes from Banff and in my opinion a so so property. It has gone down hill ovre the years

Now make the Fairmont Banff SPG, that would be good.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
The Ritz-Carlson Wolfsburg and Ritz-Carlton Berlin are crying out to be added to the Luxury Collection. In the case of the latter, it's odd that the LC has hotels in cities such as Weimar and Leipzig but not in the national capital.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
The Ritz-Carlson Wolfsburg and Ritz-Carlton Berlin are crying out to be added to the Luxury Collection. In the case of the latter, it's odd that the LC has hotels in cities such as Weimar and Leipzig but not in the national capital.

Actually, Kempinski sold those properties years ago, because they could not earn a penny with them after extensive renovations. Arabella, Starwood's main franchising partner in Germany was able to get them.

The RC Wolfsburg is probably one of the most profitable hotels in Europe and would be a great addition, especially considering that the Elephant and Fuerstenhof are not really hotels that should bear the name "Luxury Collection".

More presence in Berlin would be great, but the yield is disastrous, maybe a relatively small W could survive.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 6:53 am

Any decent property in St. John and/or Fredricton New Brunswick. Right now NB is completely shut out!

SPG also needs a property in Muskoka. The old Holiday Inn @ Hidden Valley would be a great start. Maybe as a 4-pts.

Cheers,
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:16 pm

I live near Banff and am not aware of any Delta hotel there. Do you mean the Delta Lodge in Kananaskis Country? That is about 45 minutes from Banff and in my opinion a so so property. It has gone down hill ovre the years

Now make the Fairmont Banff SPG, that would be good.
Hello,

I live near Banff (Calgary) and I'm quite sure there is a Delta in Banff. Its currently called the "Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge" and it was formely an independent called the "Royal Canadian Lodge." In my opinion its the best of the hotels on the main road into town, I stay there occassionally and would love for it to be a Starwood. Website is here:

http://www.deltahotels.com/hotels/ho...hp?hotelId=214

Incidentally, my Delta stays in Banff are when the rate for the Fairmont Banff Springs doesn't work with my budget, and I would dearly love for it to become a luxury collection property.

I have never stayed at the Kanaskis property, although I've heard its quite nice.

Best regards,

Michael
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:50 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
I'd vote for the Villa Cipriani in Asolo Italy......... oh, wait... nevermind ;-)
Old Oct 20, 2009, 4:52 am
MKB

I'd like to see Starwood take over a small UK chain, such as Malmaison/HdV, so that there are some English city SPG options outside of London.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 5:13 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
There are three properties around the world I'd love to see as Starwoods, in order:

1) El Tamarindo, Mexico
2) Bora Bora Nui,
3) The Atlantic, Fort Lauderdale.

I guess I didn't appreciate when we had it better.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:43 am
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
I would like to see St. Regis Mauna Kea and westin or sheraton Hapuna Beach.
The prince hotels just gave up Maui Prince, so it is possible above hotels will be re-branded in the future.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 11:20 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Hotel Metropole Bellagio would make a good addition to Starwood. It's location in Bellagio, Italy on the shores of Lake Como is excellent.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.