Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SWEEPSTAKES: Sheraton offers free nights at 86 renovated hotels: enter Oct 6 - 9

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SWEEPSTAKES: Sheraton offers free nights at 86 renovated hotels: enter Oct 6 - 9

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
man i really thought they'd have Seattle on the list but sadly no WA guess i'll shoot for Portland and hope to find a way over there.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:33 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
When I looked at the Virginia hotels available, the Sheraton Arlington is listed. Didn't ring a bell at all. After checking, it ends up that the Sheraton Arlington (TX) is listed under Arlington, VA!!

P.S. No win here either!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:53 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
For those having issues with getting the captcha to work, try using an alternative browser. IE and Firefox failed to work for me but Safari seemed OK. That being said, as has been stated by other posters, the promo is not really worth the effort.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:00 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by gbryan84
Dont throw any rocks but I WON!!! A free night at the Sheraton NY. I wonder if they will honor the Plat status (upgrade and Plat ammenity?)
NICE! It's good to see a someone from Flyertalk walk away with a free night.

I tried for the (Downtown) Phoenix Sheraton and, as expected, I did not get it.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:02 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Folks - don't be scared of ePrize. I partner with them in my online marketing business and they are reputable. Further, the info collected is given to Starwood and is not "mined' for internal ePrize use nor sold anywhere else. Just FYI
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: UA and HH
Originally Posted by MarshKing
NICE! It's good to see a someone from Flyertalk walk away with a free night.

I tried for the (Downtown) Phoenix Sheraton and, as expected, I did not get it.
TY, however the screen that said Congrats You've Won said I would receive an email within 48 hours confirming. About 15 minutes later I got an email saying Thank You for Registering I hope the confirm comes in the next day or so.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:16 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
TY, however the screen that said Congrats You've Won said I would receive an email within 48 hours confirming. About 15 minutes later I got an email saying Thank You for Registering I hope the confirm comes in the next day or so.
I wouldn't worry. It likely has to go through their prize verification process and then someone is likely manually sending you the confirmation. Not 100% on a contest with this many similar prizes, but that's my educated guess.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:17 am

Programs: AC SE, Alaska MVP Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Voyageur
Promotion not opened to Canadians even though many of the targeted hotels are in Canada...
I just realized this too....very disappointing!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:21 am

Dont throw any rocks but I WON!!! A free night at the Sheraton NY. I wonder if they will honor the Plat status (upgrade and Plat ammenity?)
Congrats!!!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
Promotion not opened to Canadians even though many of the targeted hotels are in Canada...
Yep, I guess we are not appreciated as loyal customers.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
I e-mailed them to let them know that I am ticked of.
Mabe all Canadians on the board should do so.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 4:48 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Originally Posted by wharvey
Same error for me.... I have tried off and on for the past few hours... and it refuses to accept the encrypted string.

So much for this promotion.
Count me in with getting the same error message with the computer not accepting the encrypted string. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 4:49 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Originally Posted by LarryU
For those having issues with getting the captcha to work, try using an alternative browser. IE and Firefox failed to work for me but Safari seemed OK. That being said, as has been stated by other posters, the promo is not really worth the effort.
Interesting! I tried Safari and Firefox but neither worked for me.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by CaseyN2
I e-mailed them to let them know that I am ticked of.
Mabe all Canadians on the board should do so.
99% chance that the reason that all Canadians are shafted is because of the strict rules regarding contests in Quebec. Instead of hearing from Quebeckers that they can't enter they decided to exclude us all .
Old Oct 6, 2009, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SensFan
99% chance that the reason that all Canadians are shafted is because of the strict rules regarding contests in Quebec. Instead of hearing from Quebeckers that they can't enter they decided to exclude us all .
The remaining 1% chance is that the Canadian economy has not been hit nearly as hard as the US in 2009, therefore there is less of a need to do a promo in Canada...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.