Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Tambo del Inka, Urubamba, Peru preopening discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2009, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, SPG Gold

Has anyone heard anything worth sharing about this new property? It's scheduled to open August 1, 2009, so I'm hoping to book an award stay for my trip in August. But you never know when an opening date could get pushed, so I won't get my hopes up too much.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Bumping. Anyone have any new information on this property?
Old Jun 6, 2009, 5:43 pm

Bumping again. I'm also planning a trip in August and wondering when award bookings will start. August 1 is less than 2 months away, it would seem Starwood should have a pretty good idea whether that's still a realistic opening date.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Looks like there's a reason why they weren't accepting any reservations: the website has now changed to "Opening November 15, 2009". I was a little worried about staying at a hotel so close to opening day anyway, so maybe it's not such a bad development.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 11:56 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Diamond, AA LT Gold, SouthWest Comp Pass
I have emailed back and forth with one of the managers at the Tambo del Inka in Peru and he has indicated that it is indeed November 15, 2009. I hope so since I have a trip scheduled for December 2009!

I would REALLY like to see a trip report before I go. I'm just a little concerned about staying in a new hotel.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 8:30 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
It is still scheduled to open on Nov 15 (at least according to their web site), however, no reservations are accepted as of today.

Again, the opening date would be changed to 2010???

We plan to go Cuzco on Nov 25th so if it is opened by then, I will stay at least one day before going Machu Pichu.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 6:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Update

Any update on the opening of this resort. Website is still saying "Nov 15th" opening but no reservations are being accepted.

Here is an idea: Starwood should ask all guests interested in a "new" property under construction if they want to be updated via email.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by sjuhawk_jd
Here is an idea: Starwood should ask all guests interested in a "new" property under construction if they want to be updated via email.
I'll second that idea. Also looking at this hotel for a stay, though not until next July. Don't quite understand how they expect to fill rooms if they're not yet taking reservations for a Nov. 15 opening. Maybe they're planning a "soft opening", a common thing in the restaurant business where the opening isn't advertised so there isn't a rush and the business can get up to speed slowly, working out kinks before they're overwhelmed with customers.

Looking forward to reading reviews once this location finally opens.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 5:41 pm

Programs: Onepass Silver, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Worldperks, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by j3brooklyn
I'll second that idea. Also looking at this hotel for a stay, though not until next July. Don't quite understand how they expect to fill rooms if they're not yet taking reservations for a Nov. 15 opening. Maybe they're planning a "soft opening", a common thing in the restaurant business where the opening isn't advertised so there isn't a rush and the business can get up to speed slowly, working out kinks before they're overwhelmed with customers.

Looking forward to reading reviews once this location finally opens.
I have been tracking this hotel for awhile and am willing to bet that it will not open November 15. Starwood seems to push bank the opening of this hotel every few months...
Old Oct 13, 2009, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by leejeffrey
I have been tracking this hotel for awhile and am willing to bet that it will not open November 15. Starwood seems to push bank the opening of this hotel every few months...
Also, the website has pretty light information on the property. I think most of the pics are architechts drawings.

Here is a little more info

You can see pics of the rooms here.

http://www.peru-travel.info/eng/hote...peru-hotel.asp

ROOMS
- Number of rooms: 128
- Rooms for handicapped: 3
- Average area per room type: Superior: 40 m2 Suite: 75m2
- Voltage: 110 / 220 v
- Internet Access - Wireless internet
- 24 hours room service
- LCD TV 32”
- Alarm clock with IPOD charge
- Minibar

HOTELS SERVICES
- 1 restaurant – 300 m2
- 1 bar – 170 m2
- 2 conference rooms (maximum capacity for 379 persons)
- Spa – 1070 m2
- Swimming pool
- Business center
- 26 parking spaces
- Private gardens
- Private train station
Old Oct 13, 2009, 6:45 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
I called Platinum desk to find out the opening date. Unfortunately, they do not have any updated information yet.

If I need more information, should I ask Platinum concierge to call the hotel directly?
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:58 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by Tak
I called Platinum desk to find out the opening date. Unfortunately, they do not have any updated information yet.

If I need more information, should I ask Platinum concierge to call the hotel directly?
Depends on what other information you need.

The property may not be able to provide any updates even to the Platinum Concierge associate.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Oct 15, 2009, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

contact libertador?
http://www.libertador.com.pe/hotel_d...el=1&destino=9
http://www.libertador.com.pe/frm_contacto.php
Old Nov 11, 2009, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by leejeffrey
Website still claims this hotel is opening in 4 days, but it is still not accepting reservations...
Old Nov 15, 2009, 10:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Well it is supposed to open today officially - website still says not bookable.

Eyeing this for a trip next Spring - hoping it opens by then!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.