Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bradley Sheraton Hotel (BDL) questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2002, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Bradley Sheraton Hotel (BDL) questions

I am looking at booking a room in the Bradley International Sharaton airport hotel next week. I am curious how the rooms are, any airport views, pool and fitness center, and how are upgrades at this property. If there is a better and more convient property in the Hartford area please let me know. Downtown?
Old Sep 30, 2002, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PhoenixNWA:
I am looking at booking a room in the Bradley International Sharaton airport hotel next week. I am curious how the rooms are, any airport views, pool and fitness center, and how are upgrades at this property. If there is a better and more convient property in the Hartford area please let me know. Downtown?

Sorry for the spelling on the Sheraton.
</font>
Old Sep 30, 2002, 9:22 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm not sure what's convienient for you, but the airport Sheraton property is nicer than the one in downtown (East) Hartford!
Old Sep 30, 2002, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Well I have a meeting downtown, but I was thinking it might be more convient to be at the airport to catch my early morning flights. How is the night life in downtown hartford on a Friday night. I asume it cant be that bad considering it is a Friday night and I hear Hartford is on a rebound for building a better city.
Old Sep 30, 2002, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA *G MM, SPG LTG, AA, LH

I had a dayroom recently at the Sheraton BDL hotel. 8th floor is club level ( I was there on a Sunday so everything was closed) with great airport views. Rooms are nice imho with a large desk. I don't know anything about Hartford downtown....
Old Oct 1, 2002, 8:37 am

Programs: CO Plat. SPG Plat
Business takes me to CT/W MA frequently, and I usually stay at Bradley.

The rooms are nothing special. Adequate IMO, but in need of basic refurbishment. No heavently beds, for example.

Convenience to the airport is the main advantage. The property is part of the terminal - no shuttle to the airport. Just walk out and straight to the gate.

Hotel parking is available - valet only on site, shuttle to offsite lot if preferred. Hotel will comp either, if requested.

Has a small fitness room, indoor heated pool, sauna, showers, lockers, etc.

Has a club floor - top floor, which is the only type of upgrade. Average rooms there, with typical lounge: breakfast, drinks, etc.

Restaurant & lobby bar okay, but nothing extraordinary.

Decent conference facilities for a property its size, and seems to do a brisk conference business.

As a Plat who stays at the property often, upgrades to the club floor are 100%.

One side of each floor's hall faces the runways/gates (odd numbered rooms), one side faces Bradley parking lots (even numbered). I always request - and receive - the runway side.

Not a horrendous property, but nothing special.
Old Oct 1, 2002, 8:41 am

In years past, there was another Hartford Sheraton that was a complete dump. However, now there's a relatively new Hartford Sheraton (it's actually in East Hartford), and IMO it's not bad. Very close to downtown (5 minute drive). Rooms, in my opinion, are better than Bradley. Everything seems newer. Same basic amenities and facilities as Bradley, just more updated and seems more fresh.

The Bradley Sheraton is about a 20 minute drive from downtown, but as totally convenient to flights. The Hartford Sheraton is very close to downtown Hartford.
Old Oct 1, 2002, 9:19 am

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PhoenixNWA:
I am looking at booking a room in the Bradley International Sharaton airport hotel next week. I am curious how the rooms are, any airport views, pool and fitness center, and how are upgrades at this property. If there is a better and more convient property in the Hartford area please let me know. Downtown?</font>
Is this part of the same chain as the Sharaton hotel in Phnomh Penh, Cambodia?

There's also a Pizza Hat, and a KFC (Khmer Fried Chicken) there!
Old Oct 2, 2002, 7:34 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Does the Sheraton BDL have any suites? The webpage for this hotel does not list suites. Also curious about upgrades to suites (if they exist). How have Platinums fared in this regard at this property?
Old Oct 2, 2002, 1:24 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Let me add a comment about the DT Sheraton (not BDL). I am not delighted with this place...it was a Ramada Inn not that long ago and is your basic four story (I think....) box on a parking lot. Amenities are few. The rooms have the new "Sheraton Look" with the faux sleigh beds and ribbed wallpaper, but it still somehow felt like a very, very nice Ramada Inn to me.

I found the restaurant at Breakfast to be almost unacceptable. Why? The "host" was a man who did not speak English well at all and was not in any sort of uniform. Instead, he was wearing courdoroy pants and a Members Only jacket --- not making this up. I recall that the linens were of the 100% polyester type that are so annoying. Flatware was the thinnest I've encountered. All in all, this place feels like a tired Ramada Inn with a Prom Dress on.
Old Oct 2, 2002, 2:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Any property that is a former Ramada Inn is bad news to begin with.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 7:01 pm

Bradley Airport Lounge

Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Bradley Airport? Also what are the club rooms and the lounge like?

TIA
Old Feb 5, 2004, 9:03 am

I have stayed at the Sheraton Bradley more times than I can count. I would say once or twice a month over the past 6 years. For convenience to flights, the property can't be beat as it is physically part of the airport - not across the street - but in the terminals itself. A 30 second walk gets you to the ticket counters / security / gates.

The property itself is just okay - apart from the airport convenience. The last time I was there they had not completed installing the new Sheraton beds, thought they might have by now. The club rooms are slightly larger than regular rooms, with a nice desk work area and fax machine. Half the rooms have a "runway" view, half have a view of a parking garage. The lounge is adequate, with full service bar, breakfast and evening complimentary hot food. The lounge is staffed during open hours (morning, evening). The club floor has its own customer service desk where you can check out privately. I have never had any complaints about the overall service at the hotel. Restaurant is decent, though nothing special, lobby bar is adequate as well. Unless it's been recently renovated, the hotel fitness center is, IMHO, a joke, so if that's important to you, I would recommend the Sheraton in Springfield, MA (about 25 minutes north which has an awesome gym).

In summary, if airport access is important, Bradley Sheraton can't be beat. Other than that, it's an adequate property but nothing spectacular. No serious complaints, though.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 10:48 am

I'll add to say that aside from a very ugly exterior, this hotel is much better than the Sheraton downtown in East Hartford. The lounge, specifically, is considerably nicer.

The only problem is traffic. If you're in Hartford on business (say, working for one of the gazillion insurance companies in the area), your daily commute will be pretty bad. My team chose the Hartford Sheraton for that main reason.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 11:06 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TK-421:
I'll add to say that aside from a very ugly exterior, this hotel is much better than the Sheraton downtown in East Hartford. The lounge, specifically, is considerably nicer.

The only problem is traffic. If you're in Hartford on business (say, working for one of the gazillion insurance companies in the area), your daily commute will be pretty bad. My team chose the Hartford Sheraton for that main reason.
</font>

I second that motion... having stayed at the East Hartford Sheraton over 200 nights in the past year and a half, and a handful of nights at the Bradley one... I have to say that the Bradley one is by far a better Sheraton (ie. nice new beds, better lounge, better service). However, for work purposes the East Hartford one is much easier to get to CIGNA, Aetna, or one of the others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.