Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

St Regis Osaka opens Oct 1, 2010 (preopening discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2010, 6:51 am
Used to be RichardKopf
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres

Does anyone have info on when this property will open for reservations?

The site says the hotel will open 1 Oct. but that's barely more than 3 months away and they are still not accepting reservations.

I phoned the listed number and the reservations manager told me they should begin accepting reservations in early June, but this hasn't happened.

Any info will be welcomed, as we would like to book between Christmas and New Year which is always busy in Japan.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:19 am
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
I also just asked my SPG ambassador just a few days ago and he asked the hotel for me - and the answer is mid July. of course this could always change...
Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:53 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
I have seen some photos on this property(not for public viewing sorry) and I have to say that though this isn't my favourite Starwood brand, the layout of the rooms is really impressive.

In fact, I am beginning to like the gentle flow of the presentation, if you know what I am trying to describe.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Jun 24, 2010, 11:13 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Thyetus, did you attend an all day presentation on new *wood properties?
Old Jun 25, 2010, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Thyetus, did you attend an all day presentation on new *wood properties?
LOL. Well, I wish I can do that all day!

[email protected]

Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:58 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Taking reservations.

As a FYI. The property is now taking reservations. I used a number of our free weekend nights to book in October 2010. My first concern was early in the opening if they would make free nights available. My bigger concern was the weekend itself. In Japan hotels esp hot new ones could be packed during the weekends.

The area. Can someone please comment on the area around the Hotel? Transportation from KIX to the St Regis. Hoping the rooms and services accorded Ps is somewhat like it was when the St Regis Singapore opened. Something new to visit in Osaka. That always works!
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:39 am
Used to be RichardKopf
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
As a FYI. The property is now taking reservations. I used a number of our free weekend nights to book in October 2010. My first concern was early in the opening if they would make free nights available. My bigger concern was the weekend itself. In Japan hotels esp hot new ones could be packed during the weekends.

The area. Can someone please comment on the area around the Hotel? Transportation from KIX to the St Regis. Hoping the rooms and services accorded Ps is somewhat like it was when the St Regis Singapore opened. Something new to visit in Osaka. That always works!
Thanks for the tip. 20K points is too rich and no C&P, so looks like it'll cost me $1000 for a couple of nights in December.

re transport:

Getting Here
Railway
Honmachi Station (asr)
Travel Distance: Approximately 0.5 km/0.31 miles

Options for getting to and from the hotel include:

•By Foot
About: The hotel is a short walk from Exit 7 at Honmachi Station.
Midosuji Subway Umeda Station (ash)
Travel Distance: Approximately 3.0 km/1.86 miles

•Taxi
Fee: 1,000 JPY Travel Time: 10 minutes •Subway Midosuji Line
Fee: 200 JPY Hours: Hours of operation
Sunday 05:15 AM to 12:00 AMMonday 05:15 AM to 12:00 AMTuesday 05:15 AM to 12:00 AMWednesday 05:15 AM to 12:00 AMThursday 05:15 AM to 12:00 AMFriday 05:15 AM to 12:00 AMSaturday 05:15 AM to 12:00 AMTravel Time: 6 minutes About: From Umeda Station take Subway Midosuji Line to the Honmachi Station. The hotel is a short walk from Exit 7 at Honmachi Station.
Airport
Kansai International Airport (KIX)
Travel Distance: Approximately 37.01 km/23.0 miles

•Limousine Bus
Fee: 1,200 JPY; Fee includes limousine bus at 1,000 JPY, plus subway of 200 JPY Travel Time: 53 minutes About: From airport take the limousine bus to Namba Station and then take Midosuji Line to the Honmachi Station. Hotel is a short walk from Exit 7 at Honmachi Station.
•Taxi
Fee: 13,000 JPY Travel Time: 50 minutes •Nankai Limited Express “Rapit”
Fee: 1,590 JPY; Fee includes Rapit service at 1,390 JPY, plus subway of 200 JPY Travel Time: 50 minutes About: From airport take Nankai Limited Express “Rapit” to Namba Station and then take Midosuji Line to the Honmachi Station. Hotel is a short walk from Exit 7 at Honmachi Station.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:01 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thank you. With hope Limousine Bus service will be started.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:15 pm
Used to be RichardKopf
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Thank you. With hope Limousine Bus service will be started.
I don't understand this statement. The Limousine Bus is a regular service to
Namba station. It has been running for years. From there, it's a subway or cab ride. I would take a cab. From where the bus drops you, unless you're familiar with the area, you will have to figure out how to get to the subway and buy a ticket which can be a hassle with luggage in tow. Then you'll wait for the subway, go a couple of stops to Honmachi, and back up stairs to the street to look for the hotel.

A cab can drive straight up Midosuji Blvd and drop you at the hotel. This would cost a few bucks more but if you're at the St Regis you're probably more a cab person than a subway person, right?

Last edited by BonViveur; Jul 7, 2010 at 4:19 pm Reason: Errors
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:50 pm

I am speaking in regards to the system are NRT where the Airport Limousine bus has regular service to many hotels. Yes. I would do the cab until familiar with the transfers and area. Thanks.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 4:40 am
Used to be RichardKopf
Original Poster

http://www.kansai-airport.or.jp/en/a...bus/index.html

That's the link for the Kansai airport buses. I think Namba (Nanba) is the best bet.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: SPG>P & STARWOOD Privilege
I'll be there..

Just made my reservation for a weekend in December.
FYI: Bottom 10 floors of building are offices/etc..rest is StR. No member's lounge for Plats to sip an evening martini with canapes; but there will be a nice lobby bar to watch the flow. No swimming pool- but the StR butlers will be able to direct you to an 'onsen' for a dip

Nearby station will take you in a few minutes by subway to some cool eating/drinking areas in Osaka....just ask your butler where to get the best 'takoyaki' - 'okonomiyaki' - 'gyoza' and a glass of "nama Yebisu" to wash them down with!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 4:00 pm
Used to be RichardKopf
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Barefootdr
Just made my reservation for a weekend in December.
FYI: Bottom 10 floors of building are offices/etc..rest is StR. No member's lounge for Plats to sip an evening martini with canapes; but there will be a nice lobby bar to watch the flow. No swimming pool- but the StR butlers will be able to direct you to an 'onsen' for a dip

Nearby station will take you in a few minutes by subway to some cool eating/drinking areas in Osaka....just ask your butler where to get the best 'takoyaki' - 'okonomiyaki' - 'gyoza' and a glass of "nama Yebisu" to wash them down with!
I also booked a couple of nights at the end of December, to check it out. Had 8 nights on award at Westin last year and didn't care for area or service, or silly rules ( you can eat this, but not not that) at the breakfast buffet and they were so slow to restock the club breakfast that we had to leave twice.

Osaka is in need of a well-located Starwood which is happy to welcome foreign guests and I hope this is it. Unfortunately ,no pool to relax in the evening and no club, which likely means no plat breakfast, lessens it's value to me. That makes the plat benefit 500 points and internet. We're always in Japan around Christmas/ New Year so upgrades are a bit scarce as it's so busy. Nevertheless, we'll try it, hoping it will be our new Osaka home.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:07 pm

Oops! Look what I have found!

[email protected]

Old Jul 8, 2010, 11:56 pm

Programs: SPG>P & STARWOOD Privilege
Talking

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Oops! Look what I have found!

[email protected]

Nice "find" you stumbled on there!!

You must have some friends in high places

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.