Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Best Star Alliance Gold lounge in HKG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Star Alliance Gold lounge in HKG?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2018, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by zeer0
SQ J lounge has a shower.
Technically they do have a shower. However, when I was in HKG last month and tried to use the shower at the lounge, I was told that it was being refurbished and would be closed for some time. The SQ lounge called the TG lounge to see if there was shower availability and I was told that the only option for showers was the UC.

Unsure if anything has changed between when I was there on the night of June 13th, but something to keep in mind.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Maybe because the lounge is in one of the most prominent Chinese cities?
So? Many airlines have lounge in NRT as well. But not everyone serves Japanese food.

Know your clientele.
Sounds like you don't how UA's clientele.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:24 pm

Maybe because the lounge is in one of the most prominent Chinese cities? Know your clientele.
I'm not so sure about that! United's clientele is US (and to some extent Canadian) citizens who travel there for business (i.e. Manager of Apple's Global Supply Chain). One thing I looked forward to at HKG was the UC since I was starting to get sick and tired of eating noodles and pig's feet!

That being said, the UC can't hold a candle to NH's lounge in NRT. Everything there was first rate from sushi bar, sleeping pods (with massage chair) and a well stocked washroom with shower. My only complaint with the lounge would be that they ought to invest in better razors. It took me 2 razors to effectively shave my face (I guess the Japanese to have long thick hair like us Westerners?)

Safe Travels,

James
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by j2simpso
That being said, the UC can't hold a candle to NH's lounge in NRT. Everything there was first rate
Having been in NH's NRT lounges more than a dozen times, I really disagree with this comment. They are adequate J lounges, nothing more. Personally I prefer the updated UC at NRT to either of the NH lounges.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Does the UA Club in HKG still offer a shower? Checking the UA Club website it no longer lists a shower (only Global First which I suspect I won't have access to) which is troubling.
Did not see a specific answer to the question about showers at the UC in HKIA - any recent experience? The United website says the Club does NOT have showers, but the Star Alliance lounge finder says it DOES. Hoping to tour HK all day then shower at the Club before an evening flight. If no showers will need to figure out a Plan B.

Thanks all!

Last edited by Brucemcdou; Dec 19, 2018 at 1:56 pm
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Brucemcdou
Did not see a specific answer to the question about showers at the UC in HKIA - any recent experience?
Yes, there are showers at the HKG UC.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, there are showers at the HKG UC.
perfect thanks Kacee. Will be out and about all day, and shower and change at the airport lounge before my flight home.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Brucemcdou

perfect thanks Kacee. Will be out and about all day, and shower and change at the airport lounge before my flight home.
There are also showers at TG and SQ Lounges, but the SQ showers have been in maintenance for awhile.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
There are also showers at TG and SQ Lounges, but the SQ showers have been in maintenance for awhile.
having used all three lounges (SQ, TG and UA) in HKG, UA has the best shower room.
BlondeBomber likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
I was in HKG last week. SQ still under maintanance (for months!). In UA one shower broken and all the mens pissors broken. After 60 min I finally I got into the one and only shower in the UA lounge. I am seriously surprised that *A cant do better in such a big airport hub.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by HKG1111
I am seriously surprised that *A cant do better in such a big airport hub.
1. It has nothing to do with *A.

2. Airport operations are always challenges because there are some may red tapes you have to cross.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
delete
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by garykung
1. It has nothing to do with *A.

2. Airport operations are always challenges because there are some may red tapes you have to cross.
May be - but they dont ask for less money while looking for the scissor!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
SQ = has Hagen Daz ice cream
When I was there in June it was Mövenpick. And yes there's a difference between the two!
lsquare and nnanlno like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:18 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Had a SQ flight out of HKG yesterday and visited two of the lounges:

UC was gloriously deserted while I was there ~7-8am. I'm sure that changes around the UA bank One shower still out of service, and all the urinals still inop and covered with black covers. Two of the four sinks had "out of service signs and of the two left, I only managed to activate one did not investigate the ladies' room

SKL was of course more crowded. I didn't use the shower but did inquire at the desk and they said it's working. I saw someone folding towels.

Food at both seemed adequate but not particularly standout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.