Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Best Star Alliance Gold lounge in HKG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Star Alliance Gold lounge in HKG?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
In any event I just couldn’t believe UA actually runs a lounge that is probably one of my favorite F lounges worldwide.
While I don't agree with this assignation nor desire to begin a discussion on the best lounges world wide I will posit that this is the best UA lounge. Detente,
Old May 23, 2018, 12:32 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
While I don't agree with this assignation nor desire to begin a discussion on the best lounges world wide I will posit that this is the best UA lounge. Detente,
Look, it’s not the LH first lounge/terminal, the concord room, the La Priemier Lounge at CDG, the QF lounge at LAX/MEL/SYD, or even the EK F lounges in DXB. But I will say that I preferred being in the Global Firsr than the rest of the *A F lounges in HKG.
Old May 23, 2018, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

.....But I will say that I preferred being in the Global Firsr than the rest of the *A F lounges in HKG.
Yes, you've made that abundantly clear recently.
Kacee likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 12:42 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Are we still discussing Best Star Alliance lounge in Hong Kong? The Wing by CX accessible by star alliance?
Old May 23, 2018, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yauee
Are we still discussing Best Star Alliance lounge in Hong Kong? The Wing by CX accessible by star alliance?
Did I mention anything about OW lounges?
Old May 23, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Did I mention anything about OW lounges?
Sorry wrong quote, my bad
dsquared37 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:31 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
For breakfast imho the united club is the best choice, i checked out all the lounges last week as I had a bit too much time..
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cln
For breakfast imho the united club is the best choice, i checked out all the lounges last week as I had a bit too much time..
Good to know for my upcoming flight: UA breakfast --> AMEX pre-flight cocktails.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
Flew out of HKG this morning. Checked out Plaza Premium, Amex, United Club, Thai, Singapore SilverKris during breakfast time. Terminal 1 is kind of a Y shape and passengers start at the foot of the Y. The SilverKris lounge is near the foot of the Y, whereas the other 4 lounges are basically together at where the Y forks. It's about a 5 minute walk or you can go take the train.

Plaza Premium: busiest of the 5 lounges. has the noodle bar.
United Club: in my opinion, the other 4 lounges had comparably good food and UC fell short. UC was especially underwhelming in terms of asian/chinese food items.
Thai and SilverKris also had ice cream. SilverKris also had 豆腐脑, a tofu dessert item. Thai and SilverKris were the quietest, maybe 10 passengers in the lounge.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:16 pm

For passengers who don’t have access to the first class lounges, The best business class lounge was probably Singapore KrisFlyer.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:38 pm

For passengers who don’t have access to the first class lounges, The best business class lounge was probably Singapore KrisFlyer.
It really depends on what you're after. If you want a shower UC seems to be the only *A lounge option. OTOH if food is what you're after then SQ and to a lesser extent TG are the best options.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by qisu
UC was especially underwhelming in terms of asian/chinese food items.
UA is a U.S. airline. Why would UC need to serve Asian/Chinese cuisine in its lounges?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
UA is a U.S. airline. Why would UC need to serve Asian/Chinese cuisine in its lounges?
Maybe because the lounge is in one of the most prominent Chinese cities? Know your clientele.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by j2simpso

It really depends on what you're after. If you want a shower UC seems to be the only *A lounge option. OTOH if food is what you're after then SQ and to a lesser extent TG are the best options.
SQ J lounge has a shower.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by j2simpso
If you want a shower UC seems to be the only *A lounge option.
Well that's completely wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.