Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Best Star Alliance Gold lounge in HKG?

Best Star Alliance Gold lounge in HKG?

Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by MrWilliamston
I'm United Gold, so I have Star Alliance Gold I'm flying SWISS out HKG. I should have no problem entering the SQ lounge, right?
No problem.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
No problem.
Thanks!

Another newbie question. I assume I can only use the Star Alliance lounge at the departing airport, right? For example, if I fly from Zurich to Hong Kong and connect to a Cathay HKG-NRT flight, I can't use the Star Alliance at HKG.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I assume I can only use the Star Alliance lounge at the departing airport, right? For example, if I fly from Zurich to Hong Kong and connect to a Cathay HKG-NRT flight, I can't use the Star Alliance at HKG.
Correct.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Correct.

what kind of hot foods does the SQ lounges have at HKG?

Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
what kind of hot foods does the SQ lounges have at HKG?

Thanks!
What time of day? At least for breakfast, it's a very good selection of dimsum, scrambled eggs, sausage, yoghurts, sandwiches, and of course, Haagen Daz cups mmmmh.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by zeer0
What time of day? At least for breakfast, it's a very good selection of dimsum, scrambled eggs, sausage, yoghurts, sandwiches, and of course, Haagen Daz cups mmmmh.
between 6pm and 11pm..

oh wait, did you say Haagen Daz? never mind then... that's all the "hot" food I need! perhaps several a couple(or several) scoops in to hot coffee... yum!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:19 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Not much love for the TG lounge here. I actually like it. Of course SQ First is the best, but if you are limited to business class, I found the SQ lounge to be more crowded and the TG lounge to be quiet. Perhaps it was due to the time of the day (around lunch time). I found the food in the TG lounge to be quite good, in fact based on personal taste I preferred it to SQ as in general I like Thai food. Also the TG lounge has a separate TV room which separates you from the rest of the open-air lounge. There is no comparable space in the SQ lounge. So overall I am glad I visited both lounges and I would prefer to split my time as none of them was clearly better in my opinion. Seeing that many here like the UA lounge too, perhaps next time I should visit as well.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
between 6pm and 11pm..
The standard non-Singapore styled mini-buffet with order to cook Laksa or Winton Soup Noodle/Hong Kong styled fish ball rice noodle.

oh wait, did you say Haagen Daz? never mind then... that's all the "hot" food I need! perhaps several a couple(or several) scoops in to hot coffee... yum!
The ice cream is served in a prepackaged cup.

Originally Posted by escape4
I found the food in the TG lounge to be quite good, in fact based on personal taste I preferred it to SQ as in general I like Thai food.
TG lounge has a bad habit - insisting on Thai cuisine most of the time.

But when they changed the menu occasionally, the new non-Thai item was actually quite good.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:21 am

The TG lounge is more of an open space where you can see the tarmac. SQ lounge does not have Windows though and it's kind of a closed space. I find SQ service more personal (bartender and made to order noodles). Shower wise SQ shower is always occupied and I usually can access the shower at TG at first ask.

I personally like cook to order food than buffet so SQ is better.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
SQ lounge has Moet Champagne and the Singapore Sling cocktail. That alone makes it better than the other two lounges.
Unless my departure gate is near the TG/UA lounges, I personally never bother visiting them.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Wow lots of differing of opinions, surprised. I’m flyig SQ F to SFO, and judging by the feedback on here, I’m gonna arrive at HKG early and go try every single lounge there is.

In SQ F, am I allowed to go into the Global First lounge?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Wow lots of differing of opinions, surprised. I’m flyig SQ F to SFO, and judging by the feedback on here, I’m gonna arrive at HKG early and go try every single lounge there is.

In SQ F, am I allowed to go into the Global First lounge?
From my experience last month in HKG arrived from SQ F, Depart TG F, I was allowed to enter United Global First Lounge, Silver Kris Lounge First class section, Royal Orchid Lounge first class section.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:56 am

So basically every *A Lounge you can enter their first class section so long as you’re flying first class on a *A partner out of HKG?
After doing some research this morning, I couldn’t believe how nice all the *A lounges look in Hong Kong. I can’t wait to try them all, including the centurion lounge. Those look like some of the best outstation lounges I’ve ever seen. And ala carte menus. I guess they really have to step up their premium game up with cathay virtually controlling that place?

Last edited by NWplatinum; Apr 23, 2018 at 10:07 am
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:25 am

Very excited to try the UA GlobalFirst Lounge and the KrisSilver F lounge at HKG as both look amazing.

How far out of the way is the Centurion Lounge in relation to the Star Alliance lounges above?
Old May 10, 2018, 10:34 pm

Will be travelling to HKG next month. As a UA Gold travelling in NH economy what's the best shower facilities available at the various lounges?

Does the UA Club in HKG still offer a shower? Checking the UA Club website it no longer lists a shower (only Global First which I suspect I won't have access to) which is troubling.

Safe Travels,

James

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.