Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

New Tool to Book RTW On-Line?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2009, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La

I don't go to the Star Alliance web site too often, but I was shocked to go today and find a "Star Alliance Book and Fly" tool that seems to allow one to book a RTW journey right on the web site (http://staralliance.innosked.com/)!

I have never seen nor heard of this before, on FlyerTalk or elsewhere. Am I the only one? If this is legitimate, it would be a definite improvement over the current methods to purchase these trips.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 5:16 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mecabq
I was shocked to go today and find a "Star Alliance Book and Fly" tool that seems to allow one to book a RTW journey right on the web site (http://staralliance.innosked.com/)!
Well spotted! This appears to be somewhat similar to the tool oneworld has had for a while now.

cheers,

Henry
Old Jul 16, 2009, 5:25 am

Programs: EBG (*G), QR Gold
This tool looks like a massive leap from what exists today. I have not one through every step yet but in the 5 minutes use so far, I am impressed.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 7:41 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Just tried it out - it is fantastic!
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:30 am

There's just one not-so-minor problem: RTWs are no longer the terrific deal that they were 2 or 3 (or even 1) years ago.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:55 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
This tool is really good!

It's actually better than the Oneworld tool, as this tool tells you right away when you select the flight for your segment if the booking class you need is available (ie. D or, in case of AC, C for business) or if you need to be downgraded.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:56 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
It seems to be giving prices based on country of residence, and not country of origin... is anyone else noticing this, or am I doing something wrong?

Nevermind... just don't use the back button on your browser (or maybe just my browser) and it seems to be working.

Great tool

Last edited by ps9a; Jul 16, 2009 at 10:02 am Reason: user error
Old Jul 16, 2009, 1:42 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
ah crud - there goes my weekend
Old Jul 16, 2009, 5:02 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
A great tool considering I am ready to begin the planning stages of my first RTW!

Halothane
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:36 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
The same time I got a quote from LH for priced out about $400 more with the new tool...

Hope it is just a fluke.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 2:09 am

Programs: UA 1K
Very cool! Too bad this didn't exist two weeks ago when I was booking a RTW ticket.

It looks like you cannot load itn's saved using the old RTW calculator. Not a big deal, but still....
Old Jul 17, 2009, 4:31 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Wow! Thanks for sharing, mecabq ^

F.R.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 6:32 am

I have a problem getting it to take the final city (i.e. return to starting point) in the itinerary. Only way I have been able to do it is to select the city in the middle of the trip and then move it to being the last city.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Originally Posted by canred
I have a problem getting it to take the final city (i.e. return to starting point) in the itinerary. Only way I have been able to do it is to select the city in the middle of the trip and then move it to being the last city.
Were you "clicking" on the final city or typing it in. You must type in the name of the final city
Old Jul 17, 2009, 11:03 am

Typing it in. Even tried changing start and finish point but had the same problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.