Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

priority immigration sydney airport for golds?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2009, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

someone is trying to convince me that the priority entry thru immigration at sydney Kingsford Smith airport is a star gold advantage. I've only ever got it when flying business class. And even then somewhat erratically.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 5:38 pm

As a SQ Krisflyer Gold I’ve been offered passes to fast track immigration flying economy on SQ, VS and NZ. Willingly offered by check in agent (I’ve occasionally had to ask, but this seems to be an oversight on the part of the agent, never had any dramas or a refusal).

I don’t know if it officially an entitlement, but my experience is that it is readily available as a *G.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat
When I departed from SYD a few weeks ago, I was given a pass to use the priority immigration line based on my UA *G status.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by cranford
someone is trying to convince me that the priority entry thru immigration at sydney Kingsford Smith airport is a star gold advantage. And even then somewhat erratically.
The priority immigration entry/exit isn't a universal Star Gold entitlement, though many airlines give out the vouchers you need to get through the fast immigration lanes either on-board or at check-in (there are versions of the voucher to enter and to leave Australia) to Star Gold card holders. And like you say, delivery of the vouchers is very erratic, seemingly on all carriers.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 12:36 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
It is up to each airline who they give express immigration cards to. Some will always give to first, business & *G; while others may not.

For arrivals it can depend on whether they have enough cards onboard (non-*A QF for example often doesn't carry their express cards onboard ).

For departures it can depend on the check in agents (who are contract staff for *A) - some of them forget to offer and have to be politely requested.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8830: BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Card was not given to me last week when departing on UA as a *G.

Perhaps b/c I was with my non-status family. Was really no issue, though, as only had to queue behind 1 person.

Greg
Old Jun 14, 2009, 10:15 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by greg99
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8830: BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Card was not given to me last week when departing on UA as a *G.

Perhaps b/c I was with my non-status family. Was really no issue, though, as only had to queue behind 1 person.

Greg
Most probably the agent just forgot about it. Doesn't hurt to ask. The Outbound Express Card's main advantage is the ability to use the Diplomat/Crew immigration lane. Security is usually never a big difference anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.