Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Lounges at BRUSSELS Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges at BRUSSELS Airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2012, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by mcdonalde
Im arriving on a transatlantic flight 0700 and need to hang out / sleep at the airport until 1200. I don't have any FF status of note. Any lounges I can access on arrival, money no object )
Don't think any of the Priority Pass ones allow arrival, but if money is no object....... book a cheap flight out of BRU and then use a PP lounge. Could even do a cancellable flight and cancel it just before boarding time.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
There is of course the Sheraton just outside the terminal. Assuming no visa issues, if money is no issue they would be happy to provide you with a room.

Airside just nothing but some benches...
Old Sep 17, 2012, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MichielR
There is of course the Sheraton just outside the terminal. Assuming no visa issues, if money is no issue they would be happy to provide you with a room.
Can't be done on their web site though. You need to send them a mail. EUR 130 weekdays for a double.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:32 pm

clever ideas thanks. I was lucky enough to get an early check in at 0830 with the novotel tour noire - all credit to them
Old Jun 14, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
What's the best Schengen *G lounge in terms of tarmac views? I"m not too concerned about food or anything..
Old Jun 15, 2013, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
What's the best Schengen *G lounge in terms of tarmac views? I"m not too concerned about food or anything..
I was last week at the SAS Lounge and had a good view on tarmac and freight area (plus Brussels Atomium).
However, I was refused to get into the Brussels Airlines lounge - they said its only for Brussels Airlines customers. Was on a LH flight holding a UA*G card.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Frederik123
I was last week at the SAS Lounge and had a good view on tarmac and freight area (plus Brussels Atomium).
However, I was refused to get into the Brussels Airlines lounge - they said its only for Brussels Airlines customers. Was on a LH flight holding a UA*G card.
It looks like the lounge dragon was misinformed. From the SN web page:

STAR Alliance Gold: Yes, when departing on Brussels Airlines or a Star Alliance member carrier the same day, irrespective of booking class + 1 guest.
http://www.brusselsairlines.com/com/...=20474#piTitle
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Actually, it's the web page that's outdated. It's been a while now that the SN lounge is for SN customers only, others are redirected towards the adjacent Diamond lounge (or others).
Old Jun 16, 2013, 3:00 pm

I've been directed by the "reception" in the hallway to the SAS lounge even when I had a SN boarding pass. Didn't try to see if the SN Lounge staff themselves would try to redirect me.

And saying the "website is out of date" is a pretty poor excuse for an airline to use
Old Jun 16, 2013, 3:25 pm

Seriously, whats the problem with the dragons in BRU? Homebase lounge and they only want M&M members in their lounge?
Old Jun 16, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Frederik123
they only want M&M members in their lounge?
No, I was redirected to the Diamond lounge even when flying LH
Old Jun 16, 2013, 4:05 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G
I think it depends on the terminal.

In A, the SN lounge seems to be SN metal only. Anyone else gets routed to the SK lounge. (I'm LH*G flying BRS-SN-BRU-LH-XXX).

In B, the SN lounge is for people on SN metal, or with SEN status (e.g. LH*G, SN*G, OS*G). Everyone else gets routed down the corridor, in the direction of the former BD Diamond Club Lounge. (sniff...). I use the SN lounge in B (as LH*G flying XXX-LH-BRU-SN-BRS).
Old Jul 9, 2013, 6:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Hey all!
Planning an ORD-?-FCO(Rome)-?-ORD for november..

One option is BRU (as is IAD and MUC).. Of course MUC is a top contender being *G (hello SEN lounge) what are the *G options like Non-Sechengen options like @BRU? Anything better that MUC?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 1:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
Anything better that MUC?
Nope. The only SN BRU lounge worth a mention is the sunrise lounge, which has nice views, but generally inferior in food to any LH SEN lounge in MUC.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
Hey all!
Planning an ORD-?-FCO(Rome)-?-ORD for november..

One option is BRU (as is IAD and MUC).. Of course MUC is a top contender being *G (hello SEN lounge) what are the *G options like Non-Sechengen options like @BRU? Anything better that MUC?
Unless you don't have any choices, I wouldn't connect in BRU. The airport is more like a shopping-center with ridiculous long walkways. The Lounge (non-schengen) is pretty basic. On a possible BRU-FCO flight, you would also have access to the Schengen SAS Lounge, which has a good view to the tarmac.

I would choose the routing via MUC over IAD; because of the nice SEN Lounge and the immigration in MUC, which will save you some time in FCO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.